ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please --Urgent Help Nedded

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Please --Urgent Help Nedded

Post by ARUNLAL » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:17 am

Hi

I attended PEO last week (Employment + Self Employment).

They asked for an aditional documention ?.

I did self employment work in the weekends , but 2 days I have worked in the week days (8 ,8) hours . This was showing in my invoice .

My CW asked me a letter from my employer -showing I took leave on these two days from my office ?

- I didn't took any leave but I worked extra hours to complete this self employment work .

- Please let me know any one had this type of case ?. Incase if I tell I did take leave is thier any problem ?.

- Is thier any problem if I work 14 hours in a day in UK. ?

- if I sent details like I worked extra hours these day -will they consider -in how many days they will take decesion ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 am

It's not a problem if you actually did it. The UKBA want to be certain that the hours worked are genuine. Unless I'm mistaken, it appears from what you have stated that you did this work during a specific period of a specific day when you would normally be employed elsewhere, rather than any period in your spare time. How did you manage to do this task on a week day; was it at night? What does it say on the invoice?

It's not possible to say if the letter will satisfy their curiosity or how long an eventual decision may now take. But it is possible to say that they will now be looking into every aspect of the evidence you have provided. A couple of grand in SE Income, perhaps acquired recently ahead of an application, and where that small sum is essential to score the necessary points (Oh, how convenient!), will always attract the attention of the CW. Good luck.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluebug
- thin ice -

Post by bluebug » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:02 am

i believe you have charged your clients by hours not by task, so it confused the CW.

If you are employed and self employed normally working time for self employed is evenings or weekends.

Which PEO office did you go and which employment was covering your income more employed or self employed ?

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It's not a problem if you actually did it. The UKBA want to be certain that the hours worked are genuine. Unless I'm mistaken, it appears from what you have stated that you did this work during a specific period of a specific day when you would normally be employed elsewhere, rather than any period in your spare time. How did you manage to do this task on a week day; was it at night? What does it say on the invoice?

It's not possible to say if the letter will satisfy their curiosity or how long an eventual decision may now take. But it is possible to say that they will now be looking into every aspect of the evidence you have provided. A couple of grand in SE Income, perhaps acquired recently ahead of an application, and where that small sum is essential to score the necessary points (Oh, how convenient!), will always attract the attention of the CW. Good luck.

I have give 3 invoices , in that two of the invoice made for the work did during the weekend, but 3rd one was working day -in the invoice number of hours mentioned was 8 hours .

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:29 pm

bluebug wrote:i believe you have charged your clients by hours not by task, so it confused the CW.

If you are employed and self employed normally working time for self employed is evenings or weekends.

Which PEO office did you go and which employment was covering your income more employed or self employed ?
Full time employment - 38000

Self emp income was - 2800 .

The last invoice I rised for 800 -Even if they consider this invoice I am making the points I need . But I am worried they because this will they try not to consider any income from the SE then I will be in real problem.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:33 pm

I have no doubt that your situation is genuine and can be resolved, but, as I said, the fact that your employed and SE incomes are not more evenly balanced in terms of proportionality, or evenly distributed over the 12 month period, and the fact that this very small amount of SE income is essential to your score, is a big red flag for any caseworker. Others should take note of your predicament and consider not applying at the PEO if they have similar circumstances.

Assuming your SE tasks are the types of services that can be provided to any individual who needs that type of service (rather than something provided only to established business entities with advanced accounting practices), the caseworker will want to confirm that you have not simply made an arrangement with a friend to bill him for a bogus job and accept some money for that amount, just to embellish your income, just to score points. So, you can see why CWs are wary. They are trained to look out for this type thing and make relevant enquiries. Good luck.

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I have no doubt that your situation is genuine and can be resolved, but, as I said, the fact that your employed and SE incomes are not more evenly balanced in terms of proportionality, or evenly distributed over the 12 month period, and the fact that this very small amount of SE income is essential to your score, is a big red flag for any caseworker. Others should take note of your predicament and consider not applying at the PEO if they have similar circumstances.

Assuming your SE tasks are the types of services that can be provided to any individual who needs that type of service (rather than something provided only to established business entities with advanced accounting practices), the caseworker will want to confirm that you have not simply made an arrangement with a friend to bill him for a bogus job and accept some money for that amount, just to embellish your income, just to score points. So, you can see why CWs are wary. They are trained to look out for this type thing and make relevant enquiries. Good luck.
Thanks to every one - My documets came back with approved visa

nks

Post by nks » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Great..congrats..Do you mind sharing how did you reason your situation.

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 am

nks wrote:Great..congrats..Do you mind sharing how did you reason your situation.
Sure .

I have been asked to provide cliebnt declaration letter and details regarding what time I have done self employment work. Have you taken any leave from perment employer ?.

1. I sent them client declaration -showing amount they paid and details about my services.

2. I wrote to them I did not take any leave instead I did all the working during the week end and out of office hours.