ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Re- entry visa for sister

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mentalist101

Temporary Re- entry visa for sister

Post by Mentalist101 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am

Hi Everyone, Any help will be much appreciated.

We are currently non-EEA nationals and we have had stamp 4 on the basis of my mother being in IBC 05, so we have 7 years of legal residency although we have lived in Ireland for over 10 years. Our residency is due for renewal in on the 14 of February 2013.

My sister is hoping to go for a school ski trip to Italy on the 11th February due to return on the 15th. We were applying for an Italian visa for her when we reach some major road blocks.

Firstly, they need for her to have a gnib card which would expire 90 days after she is due to return from her trip to Italy, which she does not have as she is only turning 14 and does not have a stamp in her passport nor is she allowed to have a gnib card until she is 16.

Secondly, As my mums residency expires in February 2013, its useless to us.

Thirdly, they also need for her re-entry visa to be valid for 90 days after her return from Italy, which is impossible as her re-entry visa expires on the 14, a day shy of her return date.

We have an appointment with the embassy on the 4rd of December and we don't know what to do. Can we renew our papers early? Is it possible for the gnib office to extend her re- entry visa for 3 months? Can we get a temporary stamp for my mum for three months so we can get the visa?

Help please

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 am

Although GNIB office encourages residency renewal in the final month only, I know for sure that they can extend it earlier. If I were you, GNIB would be my first port of call and explain the situation to them.
-xxxtieee-

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 am

Went to GNIB and they said that the IBC section have not decided what to do about giving IBC 05 their stamps or for how long the stamps will be valid i.e years or 5 years. They said we should contact the IBC section by mail and wait for their instructions on how to renew.

Contacted IBC and they are taking their time asking for different proofs of continuous residence, residence of the Irish born child etc. For every information we send, they need more and more and the time keeps on passing.

I don't know if they will give us a renewal but until then, the wait continues..... :(