ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Entrepreneur via Self Employed registration query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syed123
Newly Registered

Tier1 Entrepreneur via Self Employed registration query

Post by syed123 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Hello everyone

Currently I on PSW visa and my visa is until 7 December 2012. I am interested in applying for Tier 1 entrepreneur and for this I had registered as Self Employed about 2 months back and last week I have received the welcome letter from HMRC. The guidance says that the supporting douments for self employed registered applicants is that either to enclose NI contributions payment bill or the bank statement if the direct debit is setup. I had called HMRC today to enquire about NI bill and they said that presently they send the bill every 6 months and I would be receiving in April 2013. I had asked for the procedure of setting up direct debit and they advised me to send the direct debit setup request form and it would take 15 working days time for the request to be processed and the earliest date by which the direct debit would be collected is 15 December. I am very worried as my visa is finishing on 10 December and I wont be able to send the supporting document for this.

Any advice on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

tinafeb20
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Entrepreneur via Self Employed registration query

Post by tinafeb20 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:19 am

syed123 wrote:Hello everyone

Currently I on PSW visa and my visa is until 7 December 2012. I am interested in applying for Tier 1 entrepreneur and for this I had registered as Self Employed about 2 months back and last week I have received the welcome letter from HMRC. The guidance says that the supporting douments for self employed registered applicants is that either to enclose NI contributions payment bill or the bank statement if the direct debit is setup. I had called HMRC today to enquire about NI bill and they said that presently they send the bill every 6 months and I would be receiving in April 2013. I had asked for the procedure of setting up direct debit and they advised me to send the direct debit setup request form and it would take 15 working days time for the request to be processed and the earliest date by which the direct debit would be collected is 15 December. I am very worried as my visa is finishing on 10 December and I wont be able to send the supporting document for this.

Thanks in advance

you can submit HMRC letter with your application and set up your NI direct debit and keep a covering letter mentioning that you will be sending the NI Payment details in due course of time. Request them to consider your application. i hope this will do........

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:00 pm

syed123 wrote:Hello everyone

Thanks in advance
hi

My advise is registered a company.

good luck
Shaukat

omairsunny
Newly Registered

Post by omairsunny » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks in advance[/quote]

hi

My advise is registered a company.

good luck[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would also advise you as per mentioned by respectable senior member Mr Shaukat to register a company as this is much more faster and efficient way to speed up the documentation required by UKBA for this category.

Good luck.

syed123
Newly Registered

Post by syed123 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Dear Shaukat & omairsunny

Many thanks for your advice. I think this would be the best option to go ahead with the application. Incase if they refuse the application on this ground it will be lot of hassle to justify and if the decision of the appeal or hearing comes negative then I will just have to leave the country with no other option left

I shall register for a limited company today and start preparing documents according to this

syed123
Newly Registered

Post by syed123 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Many thanks for all the replies, had one more query

If I register the company today and if I show that I got contract work as Software Engineer for 4 months from 25 November with clause in the terms of contract subject to successfull application of tier1 entrepreneur application, will it be OK?

In this case I wont be able to get my first payment & I wont be able to send the invoice & payment. I think as per guidance the trade contract should work

Many thanks

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 pm

syed123 wrote:Many thanks for all the replies, had one more query

If I register the company today and if I show that I got contract work as Software Engineer for 4 months from 25 November with clause in the terms of contract subject to successfull application of tier1 entrepreneur application, will it be OK?

In this case I wont be able to get my first payment & I wont be able to send the invoice & payment. I think as per guidance the trade contract should work

Many thanks

Hi

I am agree with what you have said.

you do,nt need invoice or anything but Contract. make sure it has all required information.

Good Luck
Shaukat