ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for child over 18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijar
Newly Registered

ILR for child over 18

Post by vijar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 am

Hi All,

Got a question for my friend

Can the children over 18 apply for ILR based on his/her 5 year stay in the UK as Tier 1 dependent? This is when the main applicant is still on Tier 1.

My friend can not apply for ILR due as he is unable to meet earning criteria but wondering if his son over 18 can apply.

I think this might be a long shot but still asking..

Thanks,

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 am

No dependant cannot apply for ILR on his own.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

my_user_name

ILR for children

Post by my_user_name » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Dear All,

My cousin will be going to apply the ILR but cannot apply for his wife at the same time. This is because she has some unspent court conviction and would be applying for FLR. Can he apply ILR for his children along with him or they need to apply for FLR as well.

Best Regards

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Dependant children can apply along with main applicant.

Kind regards
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi