ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in sponsor licence processing

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chathumac
Newly Registered

Post by chathumac » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Guys.

We applied for the sponsor license on 20th of April and they have recieved the application on 23rd of April (confirmed through royal mail tracking)

When we asked them on 13th of July with the ref number they said they can't find it on the system. Then we sent more information as payment ref and so on. They replied saying now that they have found the application on the system.

25th of OCT we asked for a processing time and they said they are currently processing the applications received on 17th of april.

Today (13th Nov) we asked the same thing again and they said they are now processing the applications received on 24th MAY, this got me really worried. We sent it on 20th and still no result ?

Has anybody experienced similar thing ?

My Options are
* Apply without the licence if that doesn't arrive before 14th of December
* Make arrangements to apply for a Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa. If I am going in this route I need to start preparing my documents and funds now itself.

Can anyone suggest pros and cons of these approaches ? With regards to my current state
Last edited by chathumac on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

chathumac wrote:Hi Guys.

We applied for the sponsor license on 20th of April and they have recieved the application on 23rd of April (confirmed through royal mail tracking)

When we asked them on 13th of July with the ref number they said they can't find it on the system. Then we sent more information as payment ref and so on. They replied saying now that they have found the application on the system.

25th of OCT we asked for a processing time and they said they are currently processing the applications received on 17th of april.

Today (13th Nov) we asked the same thing again and they said they are now processing the applications received on 24th MAY, this got me really worried. We sent it on 20th and still no result ?

My Options are
* Make arrangements to apply for a Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa. I just confirmed with my employer that they are willing to employ me as a contractor. If I am going in this route I need to start preparing my documents and funds now itself.

Can anyone suggest pros and cons of these approaches ? With regards to my current state
They are processing 24th May applications . Amazing.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 pm

chathumac wrote:Hi Guys.

My Options are
* Make arrangements to apply for a Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa. I just confirmed with my employer that they are willing to employ me as a contractor. If I am going in this route I need to start preparing my documents and funds now itself.

How would you apply Tier 1 (entrepreneur) ? Is it possible ?