ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong use of Tax Code

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babattee
Newly Registered

Wrong use of Tax Code

Post by Babattee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm

My wife will soon be submitting her application for Naturalisation in December 2012. However, she recieved a letter some months ago about the used of wrong tax code in her two employments of which she is owing about £1200 amount in tax. She has called the tax office and an agreement has been reached by using a higher tax code for her in the next the years.

Please is it necessary for us to declare this section 6.7 of the AN Application form.

Thank you

bobobo

Re: Wrong use of Tax Code

Post by bobobo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 am

No need to declare this, HO do not confirm this kind of information with HMRC. I spoke to HMRC and they said bare minimum information is confirmed as the details are only discussed with the person involved not HO. So they will just confirm if you have been or not been paying taxes , period.
Babattee wrote:My wife will soon be submitting her application for Naturalisation in December 2012. However, she recieved a letter some months ago about the used of wrong tax code in her two employments of which she is owing about £1200 amount in tax. She has called the tax office and an agreement has been reached by using a higher tax code for her in the next the years.

Please is it necessary for us to declare this section 6.7 of the AN Application form.

Thank you