ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Short term query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmehta
United Kingdom

Tier 2 ICT Short term query

Post by nmehta » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi All,

This query is for my cousin. He has a Tier 2 ICT short term visa (granted in Sep 2012) with leave to remain until Sep 2013. He is an IT consultant. He has got an approval from his client to extend his contract beyond Sep 2013 if his visas are in order.

Now before he approaches his company, just wants to make sure what are the options available to him

1. Can he extend his ICT Short term visa (to my knowledge he cannot but dont know why)

2. Can he ask his employer to get his visa changed from ICT short term to ICT General or ICT Long Term.

Request you to please help me what his options are.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanking you in anticipation.

madhumesh
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT Short term query

Post by madhumesh » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 pm

nmehta wrote:Hi All,

This query is for my cousin. He has a Tier 2 ICT short term visa (granted in Sep 2012) with leave to remain until Sep 2013. He is an IT consultant. He has got an approval from his client to extend his contract beyond Sep 2013 if his visas are in order.

Now before he approaches his company, just wants to make sure what are the options available to him

1. Can he extend his ICT Short term visa (to my knowledge he cannot but dont know why)

Short-term ICT visa are for maximum of 12 months unless you switch to another category.

2. Can he ask his employer to get his visa changed from ICT short term to ICT General or ICT Long Term.

Yes. Can you swicth look here and here

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanking you in anticipation.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 am

nmehta wrote:This query is for my cousin. He has a Tier 2 ICT short term visa (granted in Sep 2012) with leave to remain until Sep 2013. He is an IT consultant. He has got an approval from his client to extend his contract beyond Sep 2013 if his visas are in order.

1. Can he extend his ICT Short term visa (to my knowledge he cannot but dont know why) according to the rules he cannot extend his visa .

2. Can he ask his employer to get his visa changed from ICT short term to ICT General or ICT Long Term. no (see below)

Before expiry of his visa he should leave the UK then, provided he has a new CoS, apply for entry clearance in the T2 ICT Long Term Staff category (£40k min. salary required). To return to the UK as a T2 General migrant he would have to wait for12 months (cooling-off period)

nmehta
United Kingdom

Post by nmehta » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:46 pm

manci wrote:
Before expiry of his visa he should leave the UK then, provided he has a new CoS, apply for entry clearance in the T2 ICT Long Term Staff category (£40k min. salary required). To return to the UK as a T2 General migrant he would have to wait for12 months (cooling-off period)
So just to clarify what you mean is

1. To apply and return to UK as a T2 General Migrant he would have to wait for 12 months due to cooling-off restrictions

but

2. Provided he has a new CoS, he can apply for entry clearance in the T2 ICT Long term staff category from his home country (subject to a £40k min. Sal). This can be done anytime before or after his visa expires, right (so basically there are no cooling-off constraints here)?

Thanks for your prompt response. Definitely provided some direction.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

nmehta wrote:
manci wrote:
So just to clarify what you mean is

1. To apply and return to UK as a T2 General Migrant he would have to wait for 12 months due to cooling-off restrictions
correct

but

2. Provided he has a new CoS, he can apply for entry clearance in the T2 ICT Long term staff category from his home country (subject to a £40k min. Sal). This can be done anytime before or after his visa expires, right (so basically there are no cooling-off constraints here)? correct

nmehta
United Kingdom

Post by nmehta » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks for your inputs, definitely helped.