ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

let_koko

Re: BRP Notification letter under long residence rule

Post by let_koko » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 am

kutub8090 wrote:hi
day by day i am being sick and very frustrated. pls let us know any one who received BRP notification under 10yr rule , application made 15/08/2012.

i applied on 15/8/2012. but no BRP invitation.
pls let us know, at least i can live in hope.

kutub
Check your pm please

smshad

Post by smshad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Razi,

When did you apply ?
razi786 wrote:Today i have recieve my biometric letter and done on same day.
Last edited by smshad on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

smshad

Re: BRP Notification letter under long residence rule

Post by smshad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

Hi,
I applied on 11th August and still waiting for Biometric invitation.

I sent complaint email two weeks ago for applications between mid July to mid August but havent received any replies other than automated.

I have a feeling we should be recveiving soon.

Take care.
bobby80gh wrote:
kutub8090 wrote:hi
day by day i am being sick and very frustrated. pls let us know any one who received BRP notification under 10yr rule , application made 15/08/2012.

i applied on 15/8/2012. but no BRP invitation.
pls let us know, at least i can live in hope.

kutub
I applied on the same day but got my brp invitation yesterday. i have to send an email to someone at ukba for her to intervene for me though. send an email to the complaints department they will sort it out for you.
Last edited by smshad on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

smshad

Post by smshad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 am

hi,

When did you apply, please share your timeline.
Thanks
verycute wrote:Wow my biometric invitation arrived today after almost 18 weeks!

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

complaint letter

Post by dhawalthakker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 am

I have also emailed and posted complaint letter to UKBA. Lets hope they act on it.

Applied: 9th Aug
Ack letter: 17th Aug

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:07 pm

More biometrics letters coming in!!
That is great news!!

So hopefully we will all get our letters soon!!

Patience then..no other option! :wink: ...
I will keep you posted!!

Best of luck

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Just to make it clear
I have NOT received mine yet!
Just happy for others

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Happy for others

But haven't received mine either (BRP Invitation)
but this is giving me hope that mine is not to far away from now
xx

mhossan1
Newly Registered

Re: complaint letter

Post by mhossan1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 pm

[quote="dhawalthakker"]I have also emailed and posted complaint letter to UKBA. Lets hope they act on it.

Applied: 9th Aug
Ack letter: 17th Aug[/quot

could u give me the email address and postal address please, so i can do the same, application sent on 16th august 2012, acknowledgment received on 20th money also taken but no bio invitation yet.

kebl303

Re: Requesting to return the documents

Post by kebl303 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 pm

[quote="mikevs"]Hi, sorry if this is a double post, but does anyone have any idea how long it would take the Home Office to return documents if one decides to withdraw his/hers applications?[/quote]

I will probably say 2 months. My credit card payment did not go through the first time I sent my application. It took them 2 months to return my documents, mid June to mid August.

kebl303

Early August Applicant

Post by kebl303 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 pm

I applied on 10/08/2012. I am also still waiting for my Biometric invite. I have not yet sent a complaint to the HO. So, as previously mentioned, please write the e-mail or postal address if you know it.

Thanks,
K

lerato_mohlala
Newly Registered

Yes!!!!!! I am a June applicant still no good news :(((

Post by lerato_mohlala » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Hello Guys,

I'm always reading silently..so thought i'd register and share :D.
I sent my application 31st of May 2012 under Set O, 10yr rule.
I Received acknowledgement dated 07/06/2012
Received Biometrics letter Invitation dated 26/07/2012 on the 1st of August 2012. Got it done straight away sameday 01/08/2012.
Been waiting since...nothing from them.
I'd like to go away for Christmas but it's not looking good...somebody, anybody at the HO if you're silently reading, tell them to get their uhhems into gear £1000 deserves 1st class service, really now!!!! :evil:

All who are waiting, we are in this together**waiting** :roll:

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

complain letter template, email address and postal address

Post by dhawalthakker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:12 pm

To,

UKBA Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
Date: 12th November 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

I understand from UKBA website that Home Office welcomes comments to resolves the complaints and improve the services. I would like to bring to your attention an issue related to service standards regarding ILR application process.

I find out that almost all applicants who applied on SET (O) 10 years stay in the UK category between mid July 2012 to mid August 2012 are still waiting for their Biometrics invitation letters from Home Office, whereas applicants who applied in late August 2012 (on and after 24/08/2012) have already received their Biometric invitation letters from Home Office in last week of October. I find out this information from various forums where applicants share their visa application time-lines.

I believe that Home Office deals with applications in the order they are received until there is any compelling circumstances. Because applications sent at later dates have received their Biometric invitation letters this has become a reason of concern for applicants who sent their applications earlier. Could you please investigate or raise it with relevant teams.

I would like to mention here that I am also an applicant under the same category but I do not intend to raise my individual case but as an issue faced by a group of applicants who applied for ILR on SET (O) between mid of July 2012 to mid of August 2012.

I will be grateful to you if you please raise this concern with relevant teams.

Kind regards,

Full Name: ....
Address: .....
Email:
TELE:

Home office reference number:
Application sent:
Acknowledgement letter received:
Biometric invitation letter: Not received until 11th November, 2012.

EMAIL ADDRESS: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

mikevs
Newly Registered

Post by mikevs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm

you serious? If I ask them to return my passport now they will take 2 months to do so? Or am I misunderstanding something?
kebl303 wrote:
mikevs wrote:Hi, sorry if this is a double post, but does anyone have any idea how long it would take the Home Office to return documents if one decides to withdraw his/hers applications?
I will probably say 2 months. My credit card payment did not go through the first time I sent my application. It took them 2 months to return my documents, mid June to mid August.

dd202
Newly Registered

Post by dd202 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi guys, got a call from UKBA today, which surprised the hell out of me initially, I thought they called me to reject my application or something. But no, they called me to clarify a few details and informed me that I should have received my BRP invitation today which I did. Anyways thought I share my rather strange experience with you. I am a September applicant.

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:23 pm

[quote="mikevs"]you serious? If I ask them to return my passport now they will take 2 months to do so? Or am I misunderstanding something?

I'm not sure when they will send your documents back. I thought they will send my documents back within a week of the payment not going through. But it took two months.

Thank you dhawalthakker for the address, email and letter

K.
Last edited by kebl303 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

as268
Newly Registered

Post by as268 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm

kebl303 wrote:
mikevs wrote:you serious? If I ask them to return my passport now they will take 2 months to do so? Or am I misunderstanding something?

I'm not sure when they will send your documents back. I thought they will send my documents back within a week of the payment not going through. But it took two months. These people are in no hurry!

Thank you dhawalthakker for the address, email and letter

K.
May I ask how you found out that the payment didn't go through? And does that mean you have to start the application process all over again?

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 pm

[May I ask how you found out that the payment didn't go through? And does that mean you have to start the application process all over again?[/quote]

I called the credit card company when I saw that the balance was not changing. I applied again on the 10/08/2012, and I'm one of those who has not yet received the Biometric invite.

K.

as268
Newly Registered

Post by as268 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm

kebl303 wrote:[May I ask how you found out that the payment didn't go through? And does that mean you have to start the application process all over again?

I called the credit card company when I saw that the balance was not changing. I applied again on the 10/08/2012, and I'm one of those who has not yet received the Biometric invite.

K.[/quote]

Thanks for gettng back so quickly. But i've called my bank and they've confirmed no attempt of pyament was taken. I applied in mid sept and until now no word from them and they havent taken the money ot. Did home office contact u to explain the payment didnt go through?

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for gettng back so quickly. But i've called my bank and they've confirmed no attempt of pyament was taken. I applied in mid sept and until now no word from them and they havent taken the money ot. Did home office contact u to explain the payment didnt go through?[/quote]

No, the home office did not call me. After one month of waiting, I actually started thinking they were processing my application for free. That would have been nice for a change!

K.

as268
Newly Registered

Post by as268 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm

kebl303 wrote:Thanks for gettng back so quickly. But i've called my bank and they've confirmed no attempt of pyament was taken. I applied in mid sept and until now no word from them and they havent taken the money ot. Did home office contact u to explain the payment didnt go through?

No, the home office did not call me. After one month of waiting, I actually started thinking they were processing my application for free. That would have been nice for a change!

K.[/quote]

Wow! That is absolutely ridiculous. So I should expect my documents back around now and restart the process? This is crazy! I can;t believe they didnt contact u

missniu
Newly Registered

Re: complain letter template, email address and postal addre

Post by missniu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 pm

[quote="dhawalthakker"]To,

UKBA Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
Date: 12th November 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

I understand from UKBA website that Home Office welcomes comments to resolves the complaints and improve the services. I would like to bring to your attention an issue related to service standards regarding ILR application process.

I find out that almost all applicants who applied on SET (O) 10 years stay in the UK category between mid July 2012 to mid August 2012 are still waiting for their Biometrics invitation letters from Home Office, whereas applicants who applied in late August 2012 (on and after 24/08/2012) have already received their Biometric invitation letters from Home Office in last week of October. I find out this information from various forums where applicants share their visa application time-lines.

I believe that Home Office deals with applications in the order they are received until there is any compelling circumstances. Because applications sent at later dates have received their Biometric invitation letters this has become a reason of concern for applicants who sent their applications earlier. Could you please investigate or raise it with relevant teams.

I would like to mention here that I am also an applicant under the same category but I do not intend to raise my individual case but as an issue faced by a group of applicants who applied for ILR on SET (O) between mid of July 2012 to mid of August 2012.

I will be grateful to you if you please raise this concern with relevant teams.

Kind regards,

Full Name: ....
Address: .....
Email:
TELE:

Home office reference number:
Application sent:
Acknowledgement letter received:
Biometric invitation letter: Not received until 11th November, 2012.

EMAIL ADDRESS: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk[/quote]

Hi there,
I am also a 16th August applicant waiting for my biometrics letter. i also want to write to the Home Office and use this letter as a template.
When you wrote to them, did you include your full name, address, reference etc or did you send the email to them anonymous?
Thanks

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Wow! That is absolutely ridiculous. So I should expect my documents back around now and restart the process? This is crazy! I can;t believe they didnt contact u[/quote]

I know.

K.
Last edited by kebl303 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

I applied on 3 Sept and still no biometric invite. I also wrote in to change my address but they haven't acknowledged it yet. Getting a bit nervous now as other Sept applicants have received biometric invitation by now.
I will also join in to write a complaint letter!!!! :evil:

sunshine26
Newly Registered

Lost passport

Post by sunshine26 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 am

Hi

The Home Office requested my daughter's passport because she had a student's visa which would have been expired in August 2011. They received her passport since March 2011. It has been over one year now and when she contacted them they said that they sent her passport in July 2011. This she has yet to get to receive and they will not tell her about her status. Could they not resend the document.
How can she find out her status and now it seem as if they lost her passport. She has to apply for a new passport. Does she has to get a police report when applying for the new passport.

Thanks