ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending leave - wife of a ILR (PBS) applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sherjan

Extending leave - wife of a ILR (PBS) applicant

Post by sherjan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi All

I have a situation here.

I am going to apply for ILR however my wife did not complete 2 years in UK. She can not apply for ILR but she can extend dependent visa by using SET(M) form.

My question is

Can she apply and go same time as I will get an premium appointment for my ILR. Or she has to wait until I get my ILR and then she would need to apply for her visa.

I am worried because if could not get an premium appointment then I would need to send my ILR form by post and it could take 1-6 months to get my visa. And if I donot get my visa on time then she can't apply for her visa.

please give me some advice. many Thanks

Kind Regards

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for ILR however my wife did not complete 2 years in UK. She can not apply for ILR but she can extend dependent visa by using SET(M) form.
She can't extend her visa through SET(M). She needs to apply by FLR(M)

Can she apply and go same time as I will get an premium appointment for my ILR. Or she has to wait until I get my ILR and then she would need to apply for her visa.
she can apply for FLR(M) once you will get your ILR so book your appointment in the morning. Then book her appointment for afternoon so that you will get your ILR sorted before her appointment.
I am worried because if could not get an premium appointment
Book your appointment 6 weeks before & you will get the premium service appointment, nothing to worry.

Thanks,

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:29 pm

orbis2 wrote:Hi,
She can't extend her visa through SET(M). She needs to apply by FLR(M)

Oh, Thanks for the correction, orbis2. Yes, she definitely need to apply by FLR(M)

However, Is it easy to get an premium appointement. I tried to book an appointment but Lady told me that I have to book an appointement online. I am intendeing to book and appointment by 27th of december.

Is it possible that I can book my appointment in the morning and her in the after noon.

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Sorry, it was my mistake.

Can we apply FLR(M) in person? if yes can we send a solicitor on behalf of her. please reply. Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 pm

sherjan wrote:Hi All

My Wife applied her visa on 5th of July 2012 in Pakistan and got her (Tier 1 Dependent Visa) in the same month. However, she traveled to UK by the end of September. Basically, she was given 6 months dependent visa.

Now I was planning to apply my ILR as well as intending to apply her visa by using FLR(M) form. I was reading FLR(M) requirement and I got confuse with the following statement.

You must not be in the UK as a visitor, or with leave
for 6 months or less (unless you are here as a fiance
or proposed civil partner), or here with temporary
admission.

Does this mean she can not apply her visa here in UK (because she got only 6months Tier-1 General Visa, initially. I got confuse with this line "or with leave for 6 months or less"

Could anyone explain this to me please?

MAny ThAnks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:27 pm

She can switch to FLR(M) leave, if she so wishes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:She can switch to FLR(M) leave, if she so wishes.
Thanks a lot sushdmehta!

Kind Regards

Sherjan