ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring points on licence when applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viglant
Newly Registered

Declaring points on licence when applying for naturalisation

Post by viglant » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 am

Hi,

I was convicted in court for driving offence (driving with out due care and attention) in July 2006. I recieved 3 points and was fined £130.

It has been more than 6 years since I recieved them. I understand this conviction has been spent as normally it takes 5 years.

I am applying for my naturalisation next month. Do I need to declare them on the form?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Declaring points on licence when applying for naturalisa

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm

viglant wrote:I was convicted in court for driving offence (driving with out due care and attention) in July 2006. I recieved 3 points and was fined £130.
It has been more than 6 years since I recieved them. I understand this conviction has been spent as normally it takes 5 years.
I am applying for my naturalisation next month. Do I need to declare them on the form?
This is not an FPN, but a court conviction which is generally a bigger problem. However, this offence (CD10) became spent after 5 years. You don't have to give details of an offence which is spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.