ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 Requirement for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spande10
Newly Registered

P60 Requirement for ILR

Post by spande10 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Hello Experts,

My question is regarding P60 requirement for ILR application. I have not seen any specific requirement mentioned in SET(O) form so would like to confirm if this is a mandatory requirement for successful application.

I have P60 for last two years only. Is it okay to provide salary slips of previous 3yrs along with bank statements?

I have ILR appointment book in December and have been residing in UK under Tier 1 (General) visa.

I will be able grateful for your response regarding this.

Thanks.
Sameer

madhumesh
India

Re: P60 Requirement for ILR

Post by madhumesh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm

P60 is form of proof to show if were engaged in economic activity for past 5 years, You can also request employment history from HMRC if you have lost your P60's.

I think payslips should be OK if possible along with your employer letter that states you were employed with them for whole period.

See this case
spande10 wrote:Hello Experts,

My question is regarding P60 requirement for ILR application. I have not seen any specific requirement mentioned in SET(O) form so would like to confirm if this is a mandatory requirement for successful application.

I have P60 for last two years only. Is it okay to provide salary slips of previous 3yrs along with bank statements?

I have ILR appointment book in December and have been residing in UK under Tier 1 (General) visa.

I will be able grateful for your response regarding this.

Thanks.
Sameer

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:16 pm

you could check this thread as well:

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=118151

It is dependent on the categories you are:

Tier 1 G does not need any proof only 12 months statement and payslips for claiming point

but Work Permit and HSMP needs them.

As you are a combination of these categories you should have documents especially for the period before Tier 1 G

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am

Hi Spande: HMRC contact details is
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compe ... /index.htm
and you need to tell them that this is for immigration purpose. It takes 15 days to proceed so you need to ask earlier.

spande10
Newly Registered

Post by spande10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks all for your valuable solution.

I will be applying ILR under Tier1 (General) Category.
I already called HMRC for employment history letter and received one page document showing my NI contribution over last 5 years.

I have possession of my last two years P60 and previous payslips.

Hope this will suffice ILR visa requirement.

Samira_UK - I understand from your post that you have submitted last 1 year P60 along with bank statement and salary slips. I am sure you would have granted Visa but did you have to face any issue or were asked any question by Case worker?

I appreciate all your responses.

Once again thanks. Sameer.

spande10
Newly Registered

Post by spande10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Sorry Samira, I didn't notice that your post is very new and you are due to appear for ILR application. Please share your experience if possible.

Thanks very much.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 pm

spande10: Not matched with yours. I received one page both sided print all tax informations not NI.

spande10
Newly Registered

Post by spande10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 pm

arifahmmed - I will give them another buzz tomorrow and see if they send me correct document containing last 5 year tax history.

However, I have obtained letter from all employers I worked for in last 5 year confirming my employment dates and salary.

Hope this would help me if I don't receive correct document from HMRC.

Regards,
Sameer

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Just ask for employment history for last five years showing all earnings and tax.

spande10
Newly Registered

Post by spande10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Madhumesh - Thanks for your input.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 51ae7fc546

In above post, Case worked asked Viper to show P60 as a proof of employment during his Work Permit. Anyway, Case worker was okay with payslips and letter from employment.

-Sameer

spande10
Newly Registered

Post by spande10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Just ask for employment history for last five years showing all earnings and tax.
Sure. Thx

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am

Hi

To the best of my knowledge and experience what I've found after getting my ILR that P60's have got nothing to do with ILR and to the best of my understanding what I've found out till yet is that its equally confusing for the UKBA workers as well this so called proof for 5 years of economic activity or I think this is some kind of rule which they just sweep under the carpet when considering people cases for ILR that's what I've found so far.

Good luck for your ILR.

spande10
Newly Registered

Post by spande10 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

To the best of my knowledge and experience what I've found after getting my ILR that P60's have got nothing to do with ILR and to the best of my understanding what I've found out till yet is that its equally confusing for the UKBA workers as well this so called proof for 5 years of economic activity or I think this is some kind of rule which they just sweep under the carpet when considering people cases for ILR that's what I've found so far.

Good luck for your ILR.
Thanks Smam. Did you submit or were asked to provide 5 yrs P60 by cases worker?

shuttlespy

Post by shuttlespy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:45 pm

spande10 wrote:
Smam wrote:Hi

Good luck for your ILR.
Thanks Smam. Did you submit or were asked to provide 5 yrs P60 by cases worker?
Hello everyone,

I will be applying for my ILR under Tier 2 General very soon, I dont want to show my last two years P60 as I was out of work due to some personal reasons and hence the gross wages on P60 doesnt match with my yearly wages mentioned on contract.

Can I just give my last six months pay slips along with bank statements?

Will this be ok and not affect my application?

Please advise.

thanks
So many things to achieve and so little time....