ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA ADVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GUESST
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA ADVICE

Post by GUESST » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:36 am

HI,people i just need some friendly advice.

i am a uk citizen and i got married in september 2006 in pakistan.i want to support my spouse visa application.

the problem is i am a first year university student and i only work part time. i get a grant and other stuff which is about £7000. i got saving of about £3000 pounds in my acount. my degree is 4 year long. my part time work income is about £100 per week.

i want to know can i support my spouse vias application and what chances of if being successful. i know there is no gurantee but want your rough guess looking at my financial situtation.

i can not work full time being a universty student and it will also effect my grant and tuitio fees. thanks in advance.

REGARDS
IMRAN

GUESST
Newly Registered

PLEASE REPLY

Post by GUESST » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:36 am

please could somebody reply to my post. really need help,thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:16 am

You may struggle to pass the financial test. Are there family members, such as your parents, who might be prepared to act as additional sponsors?

If the spouse visa is granted, where would the two of you live? In your own accommodation, or with relatives?
John

GUESST
Newly Registered

Post by GUESST » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:08 pm

thanks for the reply john. well, my sister is going to support me. and she is unmarried.but her support well not be a massive amount of mony but a regular contribution of about £30 minimium per week.

i am going to rent a accomodation. at the moment i can rent a flat for £65 which is suitable for couple. what i am trying to show is that the £7000 i get will be enough to support me and will also be able to rent the accomodation. the money i earn from part time job £100 per week will be enough to suport my wife.

i am studying in scotland and will be living their for the time being. i am doing a degree in ethical hacking and countermeasures. it is a very good degree and will earn a lucrative amount when i work.

this is my whole plan and situtation. thanks for your reply in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:34 pm

GUESST wrote: it is a very good degree and will earn a lucrative amount when i work.
Oh, the optimism of youth......

GUESST
Newly Registered

Post by GUESST » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:58 am

well. i do not know that. but my course leader told me that lucrative starting salary. :(

sticking to my original post here is my full situtation again.
thanks for the reply john. well, my sister is going to support me. and she is unmarried.but her support well not be a massive amount of mony but a regular contribution of about £30 minimium per week.

i am going to rent a accomodation. at the moment i can rent a flat for £65 which is suitable for couple. what i am trying to show is that the £7000 i get will be enough to support me and will also be able to rent the accomodation. the money i earn from part time job £100 per week will be enough to suport my wife.

i am studying in scotland and will be living their for the time being. i am doing a degree in ethical hacking and countermeasures. it is a very good degree and will earn a lucrative amount when i work.

this is my whole plan and situtation. thanks for your reply in advance.

GUESST
Newly Registered

Post by GUESST » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:12 pm

can somebody give me more advice with regards to my situtation. i found a part-time job of £160 per week . what you guys think? will it be enough?

GUESST
Newly Registered

Post by GUESST » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:57 am

i am just bumping my thread for some advice.

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:43 am

GUESST wrote:can somebody give me more advice with regards to my situtation. i found a part-time job of £160 per week . what you guys think? will it be enough?
I think you need to prove you have a spare £85 a week to support your wife, if thats not possible you should make a spread sheet of your finances showing how you will support yourselfs. if you can prove that you can get buy without access to public funds you should be ok.

It may be worth getting a parent or rich freind to sponsor her instead