ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ismail_Asghar

Re: .

Post by Ismail_Asghar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm

[quote="sarakh12"]i do hope all us june applicants here very soon, seeing as they have just chucked us to the side for now

UKBA Are a Joke.

Make people pay all that money and then make them wait forever.

App Submitted: 12/06/2012 - ISB

zny
Newly Registered

Post by zny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 pm

It looks like we have not got long left to wait, we have waited so long so little longer we can manage. we just need to all do dua for each other that we all get a positive outcome. Insha Allah everyone will be sucessful.

ruleaali
BANNED

Spouse Visa

Post by ruleaali » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:21 pm

hi every 1
1st time i ev been here as i submitted my case on 20 of june n got in isb on 4 of july after that i ev nt got any news from BHC ISB but tracking site telling me same story from last 5 months if any1 can tell me how much time they will take for process as i rung them n they mention to me max time limit is 6 months my wife want the waiting game over but its not in my hand so i just wait patiently wa i can do nothing just wait thats it
Thank You

Alyzah
BANNED

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by Alyzah » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

ruleaali wrote:hi every 1
1st time i ev been here as i submitted my case on 20 of june n got in isb on 4 of july after that i ev nt got any news from BHC ISB but tracking site telling me same story from last 5 months if any1 can tell me how much time they will take for process as i rung them n they mention to me max time limit is 6 months my wife want the waiting game over but its not in my hand so i just wait patiently wa i can do nothing just wait thats it
Thank You
im afraid what ukba told is right 6 months is the maximum time, were all waiting just like you, dont worry June applicants soon will get replies inshallah, visit forum regularly and you will be kept updated.
Application submitted at Islamabad 28/06/12
Forwarded to BHC 12/07/12
Please remember me in your duas Insh'ALLAH

Patience is very healing...

Shah12

Re: RFC

Post by Shah12 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm

solospy wrote:
akhan47 wrote:Guys, I can't believe I'm saying this but my wife just got RFC! I applied on 3rd July in Islamabad. I didn't expect to get it until December but she got the text this morning. I am incredibly nervous. Please do dua for me that she gets it.

Text: "Your Passport has been received. Please collect it from UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your application between 2pm to 3pm Monday thru Friday."

Status: "Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK visa application centre where you submitted your application to collect the same 11/14/2012"
Congrats akhan47 but what the hell ? whats happening with june applicants from Isb. Its seems they forgot about June and jumped to July.

Its just so frustrating :x

MY TIMELINE:

14/06/2012 FROM ISB

Probably a deliberate attempt by the ukba to skew the.figures

Sofia_waleed
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia_waleed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Apologies to those who felt saying congrats was over-doing it, didnt realise there was formal rules etc for the thread (am a newbie)
Has anyone from Lahore had any news? Seems only mirpur and Islamabad are hearing any news? Stats for Lahore (sept) was 46% completed within 120 days and 97 decisions made, does that mean there's roughly another 100 odd plus Octobers/november application just for Lahore? :-O

Alyzah
BANNED

Post by Alyzah » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Sofia_waleed wrote:Apologies to those who felt saying congrats was over-doing it, didnt realise there was formal rules etc for the thread (am a newbie)
Has anyone from Lahore had any news? Seems only mirpur and Islamabad are hearing any news? Stats for Lahore (sept) was 46% completed within 120 days and 97 decisions made, does that mean there's roughly another 100 odd plus Octobers/november application just for Lahore? :-O
To be fair it is natural and nisa to say congrats etc to someone who recieves visa/rfc because it is a life changing decision and we all get happy for each other, however a member previously said that people turn to this forum for advice and help and if people go off topic then there isn't going to be much info about timeline spouse visa etc, also moderators have previously threatened to close this thread because they say it is becoming a chat forum and a simiilar thread was closes, I would be devasted if this thread was closed, anyway I am going off topic myself lol, I know someone who applied early June from Lahore and she hasn't heard anything, seems to be a delay but inshallah you will hear soon.
Application submitted at Islamabad 28/06/12
Forwarded to BHC 12/07/12
Please remember me in your duas Insh'ALLAH

Patience is very healing...

m3y

Post by m3y » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Alyzah wrote:@ king2be, whats happening with Islamabad applicants? Do you have any news or information?
There are multiple applications per day from each AC, Islamabad when I last checked Islmabad was the busiest of the 4 ACs.

Islamabad applications are also handled almost entirely in ISB, whereas applications from other ACs are processed in Abu Dhabi as well. In which case Abu Dhabi applications are handled in batches and ISB ones are more one at a time.
King2be, why do you insist on giving false information? NO settlement applications are handled outside islamabad, ALL applications made in pakistan are handled in Islamabad. I don't know why you make this B*LL crap up, if you want to verify my claims please feel free to use the freedom of information act and contact UKBA who will verify this.

Secondly Employers are contacted at random, if there are any suspicions then yes the employer is more likely to get contacted however even if you provide everything (letterheaded letter, contract, p60, wage slips) they may still contact them but less likely

I work in the head office of one of the biggest banks in the world and provided all the information above but was employer was still contacted to verify that the docs were genuine. I spoke to someone in HR who said this is common place and UKBA contact them regularly to verify authenticity of documentation.
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 am

m3y wrote:King2be, why do you insist on giving false information? NO settlement applications are handled outside islamabad, ALL applications made in pakistan are handled in Islamabad. I don't know why you make this B*LL crap up, if you want to verify my claims please feel free to use the freedom of information act and contact UKBA who will verify this.

Secondly Employers are contacted at random, if there are any suspicions then yes the employer is more likely to get contacted however even if you provide everything (letterheaded letter, contract, p60, wage slips) they may still contact them but less likely

I work in the head office of one of the biggest banks in the world and provided all the information above but was employer was still contacted to verify that the docs were genuine. I spoke to someone in HR who said this is common place and UKBA contact them regularly to verify authenticity of documentation.
Funny you should come out with pure drivel like this after a hiats of a month.

Firstly I know applications are handled in Abu Dhabi because guess what, the VISA my wife was issued has "Issued At: Abu Dhabi" on it lol. When the appeal was lodged several weeks ago, the AIT sent the bundle to the ECO at Abu Dhabi to review. The location Abu Dhabi is explicitly stated.

You really need to use some common sense. Back in March, many of the members on this thread discovered when we all had an odd status, after contacting the BHC in Islaamabad that our VISA applications were transferred to Abu Dhabi as they have done previously as well under heavy workload to be processed. The application goes through BHC ISB and comes back through them, but where it is assessed and where the decision making ECO that is perhaps what people are more concerned with.

Your comment regarding you working at a Bank and contacting HR is based on what you discussed with your HR department. My comment is based on what my friend who works at UKBA's Croydon branch said. You have accused me of lying, yet you spew out your bullshit.

I also work in a massive organisation, I just called our HR department and had a similar conversation. The HR advisor I spoke to, said in her 6 years at the company, there have never been any questions raised over Settlement VISA applicants. The times when the UKBA have contact them is when they want to clarify whether someone is coming over to work in the UK or not.

Maybe before you accuse someone of lying you should do some thorough research. Perhaps you should ask the members who got their VISAs or had to appeal, where their application was processed.

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 am

Listen 'king' you can say what you like but I know for a fact that no applications are handled outside Islamabad anymore. Previously they were sent to Abu Dhabi and Croydon but now nothing is handled in these places regarding settlement. Your visa was submitted last year... things have changed. Feel free to contact ukba and check if you don't believe me.

With regards to the employment checks, that is just my personal experience in that I had submitted all docs required but still verification was done by ukba hence I do believe they check apps at random.

akhan47

:cry:

Post by akhan47 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:19 am

Refused because of English test. She had done a degree taught in English but they obviously didn't accept it.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Re: :cry:

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 am

akhan47 wrote:Refused because of English test. She had done a degree taught in English but they obviously didn't accept it.
Oh dear, when you say refused because of english test do you mean, your wife did not take the test at all or did they refuse the test certificate?
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 am

sorry to hear that akhan47.
applied at isl - 14/06/2012
processed at bhc - 27/06/2012
RFC- 26/11/12
ALLHAMDULILLAH VISA IS GRANTED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 6Wmc#gid=0

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:30 am

Shazia1104 wrote:
akhan47 wrote:Refused because of English test. She had done a degree taught in English but they obviously didn't accept it.
Oh dear, when you say refused because of english test do you mean, your wife did not take the test at all or did they refuse the test certificate?
She didn't take the test. She has completed an English taught degree. It said on the application form this was an acceptable substitute. :(
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 am

akhan47 wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:
She didn't take the test. She has completed an English taught degree. It said on the application form this was an acceptable substitute. :(
Thats really bad. I always thought you still had to take the English test regardless of what your education level was but I may be wrong. Please get your wife to take the test ASAP and appeal against your case. I will pray for you brother.
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 am

i think this is not the first time it is happrened
applied at isl - 14/06/2012
processed at bhc - 27/06/2012
RFC- 26/11/12
ALLHAMDULILLAH VISA IS GRANTED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 6Wmc#gid=0

Ismail_Asghar

Post by Ismail_Asghar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 am

Shazia1104 wrote:
akhan47 wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:
Thats really bad. I always thought you still had to take the English test regardless of what your education level was but I may be wrong. Please get your wife to take the test ASAP and appeal against your case. I will pray for you brother.
From what I can remeber when I submitted my wife's application, they said you were exempt if you havd a degree that was recognised in the UK. Is that what you mean by English taught Degree.

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 am

akhan47 wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:
Sorry to hear this. I think you need to provide uk naric documentation with your application. Hence proving the qualification is equivalent to a uk English degree.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 am

m3y wrote:Listen 'king' you can say what you like but I know for a fact that no applications are handled outside Islamabad anymore. Previously they were sent to Abu Dhabi and Croydon but now nothing is handled in these places regarding settlement. Your visa was submitted last year... things have changed.
Our VISA was submitted this year....

The people who I'm referring to, the members on this site who's apps were handled in Abu Dhabi, all applied in 2012. I don't need to contact the UKBA, when I see things with my own eyes.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 am

I'm not sure on what the current ruling is, but I believe if you did a degree in English in Pakistan you'll need to provide evidence of this. The reason why everyone who does a degree in Pakistan does and English test regardless is because they have nothing to refuse you on. Evidence can be in the form of a letter from the institution.

You'll need to appeal and provide evidence that the degree was in English. I mentioned in the thread I created with useful info for Pakistani applicants, everyone need to do an English test to avoid being refused on this basis.

The appeals process is explained in more detail in the other threads. I would recommend an appeal as you have an easy point of refusal to argue against and there's no guarantee you'll get a VISA if you re-apply again anyway. If you need any more info let us know.

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am

Ismail_Asghar wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:
akhan47 wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:
From what I can remeber when I submitted my wife's application, they said you were exempt if you havd a degree that was recognised in the UK. Is that what you mean by English taught Degree.
Yes that's right. Will have to appeal.

Thanks for all the messages everyone. This is so frustrating and heartbreaking. My child will now be born in Pakistan so that will complicate things.
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Syed78
Newly Registered

Post by Syed78 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am

king2be98 wrote:
m3y wrote:King2be, why do you insist on giving false information? NO settlement applications are handled outside islamabad, ALL applications made in pakistan are handled in Islamabad. I don't know why you make this B*LL crap up, if you want to verify my claims please feel free to use the freedom of information act and contact UKBA who will verify this.

Funny you should come out with pure drivel like this after a hiats of a month.

Firstly I know applications are handled in Abu Dhabi because guess what, the VISA my wife was issued has "Issued At: Abu Dhabi" on it lol. When the appeal was lodged several weeks ago, the AIT sent the bundle to the ECO at Abu Dhabi to review. The location Abu Dhabi is explicitly stated.

You really need to use some common sense. Back in March, many of the members on this thread discovered when we all had an odd status, after contacting the BHC in Islaamabad that our VISA applications were transferred to Abu Dhabi as they have done previously as well under heavy workload to be processed. The application goes through BHC ISB and comes back through them, but where it is assessed and where the decision making ECO that is perhaps what people are more concerned with.

Your comment regarding you working at a Bank and contacting HR is based on what you discussed with your HR department. My comment is based on what my friend who works at UKBA's Croydon branch said. You have accused me of lying, yet you spew out your bullshit.

I also work in a massive organisation, I just called our HR department and had a similar conversation. The HR advisor I spoke to, said in her 6 years at the company, there have never been any questions raised over Settlement VISA applicants. The times when the UKBA have contact them is when they want to clarify whether someone is coming over to work in the UK or not.

Maybe before you accuse someone of lying you should do some thorough research. Perhaps you should ask the members who got their VISAs or had to appeal, where their application was processed.
Dear i am not a lawyer or legal adviser but im with KING, half of the application still process in Abu Dhabi, as UKAB have a heavy loads or u cld say bunch of piles on there desks and to clear this load along with the back log they have to work fast
2ly they only contact with employer when u submit the false or doggy doc, to verify these doc they contact the employer otherwise they wont...

waqasshah

Update Excell Sheet

Post by waqasshah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 am

som1984 wrote:i think this is not the first time it is happrened

Dear som1984,

Many Thanks for updating the excel time sheet. Might be I am wrong I have just noticed that the excell sheet is not calculating the working days properly.

My wife has submitted her application on 28th June and I have checked on the website http://www.work-day.co.uk/. It is showing 100 working days but your excell sheet is showing 94 working days.

Can you please amend the file or clarify this as I said might be I am wrong.

Kind Regards
Waqas Shah
---------------------------------------------

Application submitted: LHE : 28/06/2012
Under Process at BHC: 12/07/12

Number Of Working Days : 100

Chuck2012
- thin ice -

Re: Update Excell Sheet

Post by Chuck2012 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am

waqasshah wrote:
som1984 wrote:i think this is not the first time it is happrened

Dear som1984,

Many Thanks for updating the excel time sheet. Might be I am wrong I have just noticed that the excell sheet is not calculating the working days properly.

My wife has submitted her application on 28th June and I have checked on the website http://www.work-day.co.uk/. It is showing 100 working days but your excell sheet is showing 94 working days.

Can you please amend the file or clarify this as I said might be I am wrong.

Kind Regards
Waqas Shah
---------------------------------------------

Application submitted: LHE : 28/06/2012
Under Process at BHC: 12/07/12

Number Of Working Days : 100
Hi Waqas,

He is right, you are working out British working days. When they process your applications in Pakistan they get more public holidays. So there will be a days off here and there. :)

Bobby from London
- thin ice -

Post by Bobby from London » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 am

Ismail_Asghar wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:
akhan47 wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:
Sorry to hear this Brov but as far as I know English test is MUST!! U could get exemption if u can provided certificated from NIRAC UK to confirm the UK equalivent level of Degree tought abroad but it cost money n time...
My advised would be to get ur wife complete the required level A1 English test for spouse visa n submit ur Appeal with in 28 days of the decision.
Also do mention that when u submited the application u were told about the exemption n InshahAllah ur wife will get visa in da Appeal...

It's a mesg for everyone who wants to apply for UK Spouse Visa English Test is MUST... To be on da safe side
Last edited by Bobby from London on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.