ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

success pbs dependant application peo solihull

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

priya26

success pbs dependant application peo solihull

Post by priya26 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I had gone with the flrm application but the caseworker asked me to fill up the pbs dependant form instead. Said rules have changed and if I applied under flrm I would have to wait for 5 years before I was granted ilr whereas if I applied under pbs dependant I would be eligible to apply for ilr in two years from my date of entry into this country.

The only documents I submitted was 3 months bank statement along with the completed application form.
My passport
My husband's passport with brp card.

The visa was granted for 3 years.

I will be glad to answer any questions based on my experience.

Good luck guys

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:41 am

The caseworker ill-advised you.

I had explained earlier why you, a doctor, should not extned your stay in the UK as PBS dependant subsequent to your spouse being granted settled status. When you receive the BRP, let us know if it contains the "no employment as a doctor / dentist in training" restriction.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

priya26

Post by priya26 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 am

Hi. I Had taken your advise and that's why had taken flrm form with me.
We insisted that we wanted to apply under flrm but caseworker said rules have changand we can't apply under that. I still wonder why they don't take flrm form in Solihull peo. Then she also told me that there won't be any work restrictions. By the way even last time my visa stamp did not have that restriction printed but my husband's visa had it.
I will clarify this once my visa brp arrives.
Thanks for all the help

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:50 pm

priya26 wrote:Hi. I Had taken your advise and that's why had taken flrm form with me.
We insisted that we wanted to apply under flrm but caseworker said rules have changand we can't apply under that. I still wonder why they don't take flrm form in Solihull peo. Then she also told me that there won't be any work restrictions. By the way even last time my visa stamp did not have that restriction printed but my husband's visa had it.
I will clarify this once my visa brp arrives.
Thanks for all the help
Which form than you have used for your visa ? Also, at the time of your visa does your husband have ILR?

priya26

Post by priya26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 am

I used PBS dependent form.
Yes, my husband had his ILR when I applied for the visa and also we had received his biometric card by then.

priya26

Post by priya26 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Received the BRP card

and there is a no doctor/dentist training restriction.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks for the update.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

syedmember
Newly Registered

Post by syedmember » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:49 pm

hi........
I am bit confuse plzz help.....currently I am on spouse(dependent) visa..I came to UK on 11 may 2011 .My husband is on tier1general and he will apply for ILR in January2013 but i won't be able to apply because my 2 years will not be completed till that time (4 months to 2yrs till jan 2013)....
My question is which rule will apply on me 2 years or 5 years ...can I apply for ILR after my 2 years are completed or I have to wait for 5 years for ILR....and my second question is which form I should choose for my extention...FLR(M) OR PBS dependent form..
one of my friend told me that if i apply with PBS dependent from then 5 years rule will not apply on me ...plzz help i m very concern about it.
WAITING FOR REPLY......

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am

priya26 wrote:I used PBS dependent form.
Yes, my husband had his ILR when I applied for the visa and also we had received his biometric card by then.

HI Priya,

How did you answer the question M2 and M5 of PBS Dependant form.Please advise.Thanks

syedmember
Newly Registered

Post by syedmember » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
priya26 wrote:I used PBS dependent form.

HI Priya,

How did you answer the question M2 and M5 of PBS Dependant form.Please advise.Thanks