ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 pm

You can email the case worker asking for updates. If you know the name then the email format is

<<FirstName>>.<<LastName>>@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

I am assuming that the name is unique. If you think the name is common like John Major try John.Major1@ukba.gsi.gov.uk until you manage to reach the cw.

Service standard commitment at UKBA ensures, that you receive a reply for every email that you send.

shadisami9
Newly Registered

Post by shadisami9 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:34 pm

rd409 wrote:You can email the case worker asking for updates. If you know the name then the email format is

I am assuming that the name is unique. If you think the name is common like John Major try John.Major1@ukba.gsi.gov.uk until you manage to reach the cw.

Service standard commitment at UKBA ensures, that you receive a reply for every email that you send.
Hi folks,
I don't want to sound negative and disappoint you but , I decided to go to a solicitor and the first thing he did was to email my case worker using the above format but unfortunately, we haven't received anything back in the last two weeks.
This doesn't mean you shouldn't try it.my advice is to try is but don't build high expectations.

Kr
Shadi

shadisami9
Newly Registered

Media and human right organisations

Post by shadisami9 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi folks,
Just a quick question.i can see that there is a great number of people on this forum who are negatively affected by the delay and hugely dissapointed by the service standards of the UKBA.we are moaning on this forum and sharing our negative experience which reminds me of the addicts anonymous groups which doesn't come up with any practical solution to the problem.

Has anyone thought of utilising this wasted energy in lobbying to bringing this to the media and/or human right organisations?

KR
Shadi

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Media and human right organisations

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 pm

shadisami9 wrote:Hi folks,
Just a quick question.i can see that there is a great number of people on this forum who are negatively affected by the delay and hugely dissapointed by the service standards of the UKBA.we are moaning on this forum and sharing our negative experience which reminds me of the addicts anonymous groups which doesn't come up with any practical solution to the problem.

Has anyone thought of utilising this wasted energy in lobbying to bringing this to the media and/or human right organisations?

KR
Shadi
hi all... do write a letter to your case worker and this was advised by call center. i did the same and after 3 days i got good news.

so try this.

thxxx

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi Ryan2020,

How did you get the name of the case worker in charge of your case? I presume they use some form of pseudoname in all correspondence.

Bash
ryan2020 wrote:

KR
Shadi
hi all... do write a letter to your case worker and this was advised by call center. i did the same and after 3 days i got good news.

so try this.

thxxx

shadisami9
Newly Registered

Post by shadisami9 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 pm

I just used the name provided on the letter, I dunno about Ryan[/list]

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Bash1oo wrote:Hi Ryan2020,

How did you get the name of the case worker in charge of your case? I presume they use some form of pseudoname in all correspondence.

Bash
ryan2020 wrote:

KR
Shadi

so try this.

thxxx
hi ya... my case worker name was written on the further inquiry letter and she did a big sign on that :)
i wrote to her....

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Thank you Ryan2020, i will check mine and get back to you soonest.

Bash

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 am

shadisami9 wrote:
rd409 wrote:You can email the case worker asking for updates. If you know the name then the email format is

Hi folks,
I don't want to sound negative and disappoint you but , I decided to go to a solicitor and the first thing he did was to email my case worker using the above format but unfortunately, we haven't received anything back in the last two weeks.
This doesn't mean you shouldn't try it.my advice is to try is but don't build high expectations.

Kr
Shadi
The situation is different at different PEO I guess. I did not get a response straight away, but I had to send emails every alternate days. Also it depends on what was the reason for deferring your application I guess. I know of an applicant whose solicitor was being investigated, so all the applications from him were deferred till the investigation was over. I dont expect the CW to tell you this as it might jeopardize the investigation, but if your case was straight forward, with only minor further checks, then you can insist on the cw to speed up the process.

shaz01
Newly Registered

ILR CASE ON HOLD...november 5

Post by shaz01 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm

I went to PEO Croydon premium service on 5th of November for ILR with my wife. The case worker checked all my documents she kept photo copies as well.then she told me that she contacted other department and they will get back to her. At the end she told me that further inquiries need to be made so she cannot give the decision on the same day and it could take couple of weeks but she never told me what was the reason for holding the case or what are the further inquiries regarding.she gave me a letter which says further inquiries need to be made and don,t contact us as it will delay the process.there is no name,number or email on the letter.my income was job+self employment,though eighty percent of my income was from job.i am registered as a self employed for the last 3 years.paid NI for the last 3 years.paid taxes as well.my accountant is ACCA register as well...i dont know whats going on?can anybody suggest what it could be?what should i do..just wait or contact them?

ZyRon33
Newly Registered

Post by ZyRon33 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since I last visited this website. I just want to let you know that I finally recieved my ILR yesterday. I have waited more than 10 months and my MP played a major role with my application which I am very thankfull. Special thanks to jaskiratbaweja and to all of you guys! Me and my family can move on now. And to all who are still waiting, all the best. Godbless!

Regards,

ZyRon33

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 am

Congrats ZyRon33....so happy to hear something positive after a long time.

I just hope we get ours in good time as well

Bash

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi all,

Just to let you know that we just got our passports and biometric cards back -----after 7 long months of waiting.
I wish others still waiting good luck

Bash

Ash147
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by Ash147 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Congratulations bash.so u received post and they did not call you about decision?

Bash1oo

Re: Congrats

Post by Bash1oo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 pm

It was by post, got the biometric cards yesterday evenning (delivered by DX courier) while the passports/documents came in today by royal mail.

Bash
Ash147 wrote:Congratulations bash.so u received post and they did not call you about decision?

coolbawa
Newly Registered

Re: Congrats

Post by coolbawa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Congratulations!! Bash.. Happy for you and see atleast things are moving at other end and someone in UKBA is working :-))))) I am still in queue from Mar14th....

shaz01
Newly Registered

Post by shaz01 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

congratulations Bash....:) did they tell you anything about further inquiries?? what were further inquiries?? i applied on 5th november 2012 i was also given further inquiries letter, its been only 10 days yet.. can you give me any advice like what i should do?? did you contact your mp for your case??

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:15 pm

My hearty Congrats bash!!

Did you contact your case worker as previously suggested??

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks so much guys, the forum was quite helpful and I wish coolbawa and other waiting good luck.

@shaz01.... I did not get any information with regards to why it went through the further enquiries process, it was just the normal approval notification letter, BRP, passports and supporting documents. My advice to you is to wait as calmly as possible, it is not really worth stressing yourself. I almost had a breakdown myself.

@ smoothturbo....I am not sure what worked for me: My MP wrote UKBA the second time two weeks ago and I posted three letters to the different contact names (I got this from other correspondence) I have on Monday 12th and the approval was on the same day plus BRP produced on same day as well.
So not sure if it was a mere coincidence or something else

Once again thank you all

Bash

Ash147
Newly Registered

:)

Post by Ash147 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi All
I have good news to share that I have been granted ILR and wait of 10 weeks is over.My documents were delivered at my previous address for some reason.i hv to rearrange Dx delivery as they tried to deliver my BRP at my previous address as well courtesy UKBA weired system.
Thanks all the forum members and wish gud luck who are waiting.
Ash

ramay

Post by ramay » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 pm

update timeline
october 2011 -waiting ("Haizhou1218")???
14 march -waiting ("coolbawa")>90(129)
23 march - waiting ("Salman80") >180 (271 personal)
11 apr - waiting ("ssc923") just IT???
16 apr - approved 15.11 ("Bash1oo") just IT??
18 apr - waiting ("smoothturbo") IT,court?
6 jun -waiting (shadisami9) ???
21 jun - refused ("Ryan2020") >90
29 jun - waiting (Roxy1983) ???
4 jul - waiting ("ramay" ) >90 (142)
16 jul - waiting ("jkdlondon") >90(123)
8 aug - waiting??? ("celinaaa") >90??
5 Sept - waiting ("notears")>90(91)
13 Sept?- waiting ("knowledge_seeker")=90
19 sept - approved 12 oct ("Shiftingsands")>90(97)
28 sept - approved 19.11("Ash147") self employment Cardiff PEO

shaz01
Newly Registered

Post by shaz01 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:46 pm

many congrats Ash147 :D, did you get any infirmation about further inquiries?? i applied at croydon and they gave me further inquiries letter and asked me to wait for two weeks, its been two weeks today. hope i will hear from them soon.. what is your advice, did you contact ukba during this period and how was their response??? :(

Ash147
Newly Registered

:)

Post by Ash147 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:27 pm

@shaz
I was told to wait for 5 days and when I did not receive decision, I asked MP to step in and they responded to him (mp)that my case was complex and require further checks.they had forwarded it to Liverpool and today I received decision after exactly 10 weeks.i visited Cardiff PEO on 10/09/12.

Salman80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Salman80 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:02 am

Guys - Alhumdulillah - I have got good news - last week I got letter, along with documents, confirming my application is approved and I should be receiving card within 7 - 10 working days.

MP also played a important role in my case, I beleive.

Letter has a date of 12th Nov.

I have not received the card yet ...! I contacted UKBA and mentioned that I dont want to get it delayed more than 10 days but as usual they do not have any progress nor DX (Courier company who delivers cards) doesnot have any info ....Can any one advise what's normal duration after receiving letter to Card.

Thanks to all team memebers and support . My case was complicated interms of no. days out side Uk but Alhumdulilah, I got it.

Regards
Salman

Ash147
Newly Registered

Post by Ash147 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:41 am

many congrates salman
i received the card on same date as my documents and passport.It was gap of 1 hour between receiving documents and cards on 19/11/12.
Hope u will get it soon.
ASH