ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation Email from UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Donking1

Confirmation Email from UKBA

Post by Donking1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Morning members,
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I have just received an email from the Nationality Directorate to confirm that " Your application has been received and will be processed in due course".

The thing is, I received my acknowledgement letter a couple of weeks ago and want to know if this is a common practice?

Thanks

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Confirmation Email from UKBA

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Donking1 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I have just received an email from the Nationality Directorate to confirm that " Your application has been received and will be processed in due course".
The thing is, I received my acknowledgement letter a couple of weeks ago and want to know if this is a common practice?
Sounds fishy for two reasons: (a) I never heard of such a practice, HO really seem to dislike e-mail. I would be pleasantly surprised if they would start to take e-mail more serious. (b) There is no such thing as a Nationality Directorate. There used to be Immigration and Nationality Directorate, but it was replaced by what is today the UKBA many years ago. Maybe I am just paranoid, though. As long as they don't ask you for money and/or personal information, there is nothing inherently dangerous about this.

If you have many accounts, did they send it to the e-mail account you provided on form AN? What was the senders e-mail address and reply-to address?

Donking1

Post by Donking1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks for you quick response. The email address and the content is below:

UKBANATIONALITYACKNO@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thank you for submitting an application to the UK Border Agency. Your application has been received and will be processed in due course.
If you require further information please refer to our website, www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk, in the first instance. If you have difficulty locating the information that you require you can email ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and you will receive an email giving links to the answers to most frequently asked questions and how to obtain further information if necessary.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT MONITORED AND ANY REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DELETED

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:39 pm

That actually sounds authentic. Assuming there was no foul play in the reply-to address, that appears to be a real e-mail from UKBA. Nice!
Home Office voluntarily using e-mail - I didn't think I would live to see the day.

Donking1

Post by Donking1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 pm

I was not sure what to make of it at first, as no one had previously mentioned receiving email acknowledgement from the UKBA on this site. I think it is a step in the right direction and maybe an indication that someone is looking through the application. Fingers crossed.

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Post by aledeniz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Donking1 wrote:Thanks for you quick response. The email address and the content is below:
Could you give a look at the original message?
Which client are you using?

Ernesto
Newly Registered

I have recieved acknowledgment email after one week of submi

Post by Ernesto » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 am

Just to let every body know my wife recieved an email for her british citizenship application after one week from ukba saying that they have recieved the application and it will be processed .... they have just taken the money from account but we have not recieved any letter yet .....