ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Start Date / Immigration Time Restriction End Date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sapeyuk

ILR Start Date / Immigration Time Restriction End Date

Post by sapeyuk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Dear Friends,

I am an immigrant holding Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years of living in the UK through HSMP + Tier 1 General. I wish to apply for Naturalisation when I am eligible and would like to know how to calculate my immigration time restrictions end date.

I understand that I can apply for naturalisation 12 months after the start of my ILR status, if I meet all other requirements. However, I have doubt on how to calculate my first date of eligibility and I will be grateful if you can confirm the date for me.

On my Biometric ILR card there are two dates as below:

Valid Until: 06 - 06 - 2022
Date of Issue: 19 - 07 - 2012

As this biometric card is valid for 10 years and I have applied for ILR on 06 - 06 - 2012 through Premium service, what I understand from these dates is that my ILR status has started on 06 - 06 - 2012.

I assume the date of issue is just the date that the actual ILR biometric card was produced and it can change later if for example someone changes their name or lose their card and a new biometric card will be issued for them.

Would you be please shed some light on this matter and let me know if I am correct in thinking that I have been free from immigration time restrictions since 06 - 06 - 2012 ?

Your kind response is most appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:11 pm

you should have an approval letter as well. What is its date?