ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B.C / ILR TRAVEL CONFUSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sindhi
Newly Registered

B.C / ILR TRAVEL CONFUSION

Post by sindhi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm

I have recently applied for my B.C on 10YRS + ILR through NCS and have received the acknowledgement from UKBA .
I have holidays booked in Feb and in possession of a valid Pakistani Passport with ILR stamp . My question is if I get my approval in dec and attend the citizenship ceremony , can I still travel to Pakistan (which allows dual nationality) and come back to UK using my Pakistani Passport (on ILR Stamp) or does the ILR cease to be valid after attending the ceremony . I have read a lot of posts but still confused as they tend to give different answers .
I know its possible to delay the ceremony for upto 90 days , but if i get approval in first week of dec ill have to book it by 28th of Feb when im on my holidays so wanted to know If I can have my ceremony , travel on ILR stamp and apply for British Passport on coming back to UK .

Sorry about the long post , your time and help is much appreciated .
Thanks
:idea:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm

There might be different views and posts but the bottom line is that in practice a British citizen can't be refused from entering the UK.

To the airline just show the ILR. When you get to the border, you could either enter as before without saying anything or state that you are British and show the naturalisation certificate. Choose what you feel more comfortable doing. It won't really matter.