ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved Sheffield

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

ILR approved Sheffield

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Alhamdolillah I and my family (total five applicants) approved ILR today on ground of hsmp 2yr+tier1 3 yrs. Thanks to all contributots to this forum who helped me to grow confident to achieve the success. My appointments was on 9am. We allowed to bring pram and foods in with us. We collect token from reception and shortly called by token number on another desk. She asked for form and other documents that I have for the application. I have submitted the following documents:
1. Pay slip 12 months
2. Bank statements 12 monts with highlighted yellow all monthly payments.
3. Letter from employer (My company ownership changed so payroll changed and only that was nentioned on that letter with my current position)
4. LIUK for me and my wife.
5. Our youngest daughter birth certificate (she was born in uk)
6. Tier 1 approval letter
7. Tier 1 Dependent approval letter for Our youngest daughter.

She put all in one folder and pass the folder to me with to go payment counter. At payment counter I realized I did not give any Cohab documents. lady at payments counter already took the folder from me but she told me I can give those later on to CW.
Called for biometric around 10.10am. Called my token number around 11.10 and CW (She was another lady than the lady who asked for form and documents previously). She told me that She went through the application and is ok. She asked for photocpies of all documents that I had submitted. I told her about cohab documents. She only took council tax documents and water bill of our joints names. I did not aware that is the final stage but she told to wait 10 minutes to type my letter. around 11.30 she passed me the approved letter.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 am

Congrats.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 am

Hey Arifahmmed,

Congrats on your success. Did you mark your salary on the original bank statements or the copies?

Also, how did you pay, debit/credit card, did you have to call your bank beforehand?
Challenges make life worth it!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 pm

InUkOnHsmp: I have marked on main bank statements. I did that on purpose. I had another job same time but evidence was poor and did not wanted to be questioned for that part time job. I did not claimed that job neither mentioned on 5.3 (home and finence section). Thought making my main job might help to overlook the CW.

I paid by debit card. They used my card on chip and pin device. I did contacted my bank but did not work as they said they can not keep instruction for future record but as long as money in bank payment will go through.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: ILR approved Sheffield

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Alhamdolillah I and my family (total five applicants) approved ILR today on ground of hsmp 2yr+tier1 3 yrs. Thanks to all contributots to this forum who helped me to grow confident to achieve the success. My appointments was on 9am. We allowed to bring pram and foods in with us. We collect token from reception and shortly called by token number on another desk. She asked for form and other documents that I have for the application. I have submitted the following documents:
1. Pay slip 12 months
2. Bank statements 12 monts with highlighted yellow all monthly payments.
3. Letter from employer (My company ownership changed so payroll changed and only that was nentioned on that letter with my current position)
4. LIUK for me and my wife.
5. Our youngest daughter birth certificate (she was born in uk)
6. Tier 1 approval letter
7. Tier 1 Dependent approval letter for Our youngest daughter.

She put all in one folder and pass the folder to me with to go payment counter. At payment counter I realized I did not give any Cohab documents. lady at payments counter already took the folder from me but she told me I can give those later on to CW.
Called for biometric around 10.10am. Called my token number around 11.10 and CW (She was another lady than the lady who asked for form and documents previously). She told me that She went through the application and is ok. She asked for photocpies of all documents that I had submitted. I told her about cohab documents. She only took council tax documents and water bill of our joints names. I did not aware that is the final stage but she told to wait 10 minutes to type my letter. around 11.30 she passed me the approved letter.
Congr8 man.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks arifahmmed.

I would be really nervous marking on the original statements, I will probably make do by making a table of earnings with indexes into bank statements.

Thanks about the debit card, was a bit scared about this.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:04 pm

arifahmmed, congratulations.

InUkOnHsmp, a yellow highlighter on the bank statement is OK. This makes the CW's work easy.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 pm

my bank statements were right filthy with markers of all sorts so i wouldn't worry about it

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 pm

OK, convinced again. Come to think of it I did do that when I applied for Tier-1 extension.

SONAKSHI

Post by SONAKSHI » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 pm

would you be able to post a sanitized version of the employer letter. Did you have a cover letter as well.
Less is More

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Congrats arifahmmed, good to hear that you have been granted ILR. You have been very helpful for the other forum members :)

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm

I did not use any cover letter and to me cover letter is for those who have any special circumstances that may can confuse CW and need to explain something about that. In fact CW will not give points on something until he/she not satisfy.
I have submitted employer letter that was for special circumstance as because my company (whole group) was public limited company (PLC) and whole group is owned by private owner but Company name did not changed. I claimed earnings from same one job but two different source of payslips may create confusion to CW. Also my basic earnings were too less than required claiming band (Which came from overtime). Considering all that I did request a letter from my HR only mentioning three points:
1. My position
2. Job start date.
3. Why two different pay slips.

However I have collected another letter from my part time job employer (I did not claim that job). This letter may helpful to you (It is only for two years):

Date: 00 November, 2012

To Whom It May Concern

Ref: Your name (Bold letter)
Full addesss (Bold letter)

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that (your name) is currently employed by (company name) in the UK as a part time/ full time basis. He has been employed continuously since (job start date) as (Your position). (Your name) is paid hourly basis and wage is made on four weekly intervals and payment method is by (cheque/ credit transfer/ cash).
From our record during 2000- 2000 financial year Mr. (your full name) earned £0000.00 from this employment and Tax has been paid £0000.00 from his earnings. And during 2000-2000 financial year Mr. (your full name) £0000.00 from this employment and Tax has been paid £0000.00 from his earnings.
I trust the above information will help. However, Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact with me directly on (your HR personnel contact number).

Yours sincerely
HR personnel name
Position

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:26 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please kindly keep us posted once you'll recieve your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 am

Congratulations!!!

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Congrates pied_piper for your ILR.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#735794
Thanks a lot arifahmmad :)

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Today I receiver BRP cards but unfotunately received only 4 BRP cards instead of 5. Received cards myself, misses and other two children. Older daughters (11 Years) card not arrived. I checked delivery persons register and only 4 mail in this address.
What shall I do now.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Sorry to hear all your BRP cards did not arrive in the post. You do not need to push the panic button yet. Call HO Sheffield, and let them know immediately. They may tell you to wait for the 10 days before you call back. Whatever their response is, will determine your next line of action.

Kind regards
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:14 pm

I do not know Sheffield HO number. How to get it.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:16 pm

arifahmmed wrote:I do not know Sheffield HO number. How to get it.
Check the approval letter. It might be there.

Alternately, check with DX Couriers 01604 496798, press '*' when the IVR starts

DBAforever
Newly Registered
India

Post by DBAforever » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Congratz arifahmmed!

Hopefully you will receive the BRP card for your daughter soon.

I have a quick question regarding filling the form...

Can you please let me now what to select under Section 3 (Page-9)

Do I have to select the 1st option under Section A (i.e. Tier 1 (General) migrant (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document)) or the 1st option under Section B (i.e. Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document) or it should be Employment not requiring a work permit ?

Many Thanks for your help

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 pm

DBAforever: My entry clearance was Dec 2007 and route was hsmp 2ys+tier1 3Ys. So on basis of that I choose on Section 3 (Page-9) Section A :Tier 1 (General) migrant (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document)

What is your current status or you need to share your immigration history to answer on your case.
Thanks

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Ozair wrote:Congratulations!!!
Thanks Ozair bhai.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
arifahmmed wrote:I do not know Sheffield HO number. How to get it.
Check the approval letter. It might be there.

Alternately, check with DX Couriers 01604 496798, press '*' when the IVR starts
Thanks wpilr_nov12. Checked my approval letter and it looks like Sheffield HO later headed paper and phone number is 08706067766. Looks like UKBA common number.

I did ring DX Couriers 01604 496798 and computer voice it was asking Courier number. Disconnect line as I do not know any parcell number.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Phone DX during 9-6