ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsor license revoked but 5 years of visa completed URGENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahbazali
- thin ice -

sponsor license revoked but 5 years of visa completed URGENT

Post by shahbazali » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 am

Hi all
my frient was on tier2 ( Religious minister ). his 5 years completed on this visa on 7-09-2012. unfortunately his sponser's license is revoked on 5-10-2012. he was about to apply for indefinite visa but this happened.
does he need CAS (sponsor letter) from company to apply for indefinite or not?

thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: sponsor license revoked but 5 years of visa completed UR

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:25 am

shahbazali wrote:Hi all
my frient was on tier2 ( Religious minister ). his 5 years completed on this visa on 7-09-2012. unfortunately his sponser's license is revoked on 5-10-2012. he was about to apply for indefinite visa but this happened.
does he need CAS (sponsor letter) from company to apply for indefinite or not?

thanks
Yes he'd need confirmatino letter from *employer that they still need him.

*Employer should be Tier 2 (Religious ) licensed at the time of application.

If the license is revoked then he cannot apply and leave the country now.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:
shahbazali wrote: If the license is revoked then he cannot apply and leave the country now.
He doesn't have to leave immediately, see para 654 in the T2 sponsor guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm

manci wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
shahbazali wrote: If the license is revoked then he cannot apply and leave the country now.
He doesn't have to leave immediately, see para 654 in the T2 sponsor guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Fair enough he doesn't need to leave immediately but still he cannot qualify for ILR. He will have to leave anyway. Do you think he will be able to find a new sponsor (T2 Religious) and get COS and apply for T2 and then apply for ILR . No way. Specially now when getting T2 COS is shite.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:Do you think he will be able to find a new sponsor (T2 Religious) and get COS and apply for T2 and then apply for ILR . No way. Specially now when getting T2 COS is shite.
only he can tell whether finding a new sponsor is feasible. However, if it is and he obtains a new CoS and new leave then ILR is possible.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 pm

manci wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:Do you think he will be able to find a new sponsor (T2 Religious) and get COS and apply for T2 and then apply for ILR . No way. Specially now when getting T2 COS is shite.
only he can tell whether finding a new sponsor is feasible. However, if it is and he obtains a new CoS and new leave then ILR is possible.
- Find new Job
- Employer is T2 Licensed
- Employer apply for COS (Lucky if employer already have Un Restricted COS)

I'd be very happy if he gets T2. But seems quite tough. still good luck bro

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 pm

He has already completed his 5 years. Dont have to look for a job etc. just apply for indefinate leave to remain!!

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:54 am

Freeman78 wrote:He has already completed his 5 years. Dont have to look for a job etc. just apply for indefinate leave to remain!!
You are wrong,utter wrong. Please dont post something which you are not sure about.

In order to quality for ILR via T2 route you need to be in JOB for employer with valid T2 license.

shahbazali
- thin ice -

Post by shahbazali » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 am

one lawyer told it is not mentioned in the guidance that at the time of ILR application employer must have T2 Cos license. so he can apply without cos just get the job letter from them as the mosque is still running only license is revoked.
can someone please tell me the link where it is mentioned that employer must have t2 license at the time of ILR.

thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 am

shahbazali wrote:one lawyer told it is not mentioned in the guidance that at the time of ILR application employer must have T2 Cos license. so he can apply without cos just get the job letter from them as the mosque is still running only license is revoked.
can someone please tell me the link where it is mentioned that employer must have t2 license at the time of ILR.

thanks

Main navigation

Skilled workers
Tier 2 (General)
Can you apply?
Sponsorship
Documents required
Application fees
Applying from outside the UK
Applying from inside the UK
Bringing your family
Refusals
Conditions of your stay
Change of circumstances form
Settlement

Apply online
Tier 2 (General)
Settlement

This page explains whether and how you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK (known as 'indefinite leave to remain') if you are here under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system.
On this page

Current requirements for settlement
Requirements from 6 April 2016
Can your dependants apply for settlement?

Details of these requirements are set out in Part 6A of the Immigration Rules (paragraph 245HF), which you can find on the right of this page.

You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you apply for settlement. If you are considering applying for settlement in the future, you should note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change.

You should make your application for settlement using application form SET(O). You can find the form and guidance notes on the right side of this page. You must read the guidance notes before you apply.
Current requirements for settlement

At present, you cannot apply for settlement until you have been in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years in an eligible immigration category.

This 5-year continuous period can include any time that you have spent in the following immigration categories before you applied under Tier 2:

member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
qualifying work permit holder
sole representative of an overseas business
representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation
any Tier 1 category, except Tier 1 (Post study work)
highly skilled migrant
innovator

Also, the sponsor that gave you the certificate of sponsorship for your current job must:

certify in writing that they still need you in the job; and
confirm that you are paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

To prove that you are paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job, you must provide specified documents to evidence your sponsor's certification. These must include:

your most recent payslip dated no earlier than 1 calendar month before the date of your application; and
your most recent personal bank or building society statement dated no earlier than 1 calendar month before the date of your application, or a building society pass book showing transactions by the sponsor in the period no earlier than 1 calendar month before the date of your application

The SET(O) application form contains more information about these documents.

You must have sufficient English language ability and knowledge of life in the UK, unless you are under 18 years old or over 65 years old when you apply. You can find more information in the Settlement section.

shahbazali
- thin ice -

got ILR

Post by shahbazali » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 am

Hi
Just to tell all.
my friend luckily got ILR on window without cus from sponsor.
he just showed a letter from the sponsor that he is continueing the job.

thanks

allu
inactive
India

Re: sponsor license revoked but 5 years of visa completed URGENT

Post by allu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi shahbazali,

Are you sure he got the ILR when the Tier2 licence of the company was revoked. I had this question for many months and please reply me.

Thanks.

allu
inactive
India

Re: got ILR

Post by allu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi shahbazali,

Are you sure, he got the ILR when the Tier2 licence of the company was revoked. I had this question for many months and please reply me. Does that mean, he applied for the ILR when the Tier2 company licence was revoked.

Thanks.
shahbazali wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 am
Hi
Just to tell all.
my friend luckily got ILR on window without cus from sponsor.
he just showed a letter from the sponsor that he is continueing the job.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: sponsor license revoked but 5 years of visa completed URGENT

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:37 pm

allu wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:29 pm
Hi shahbazali,

Are you sure he got the ILR when the Tier2 licence of the company was revoked. I had this question for many months and please reply me.

Thanks.
This topic is from 2012. The user has not logged into the forum since 2016 when they last posted about being on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa or at least might have been asking for someone else.

Kindly refrain from digging up 6 year old topics and tagging onto them as you have already been asked in the other older topic you tagged onto on 1st August.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1664686
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.