ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what after EEA2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samire
Newly Registered

what after EEA2?

Post by samire » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm

hey guys

i am non eea ,holding RC EEA2 valid for 5 years , but i have a problem i split up with my wife , and my be this will lead to divorce , wht should i do now ? is it possible to stay in the uk ? we were together for 6 months and we didnt finish even a year marriage unfortunatly.

any info please , thank u in advance
Last edited by samire on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

Re: divorcing with EEA2 ?

Post by gagsgahra » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm

samire wrote:hey guys

i am non eea ,holding RC EEA2 valid for 5 years , but i have a problem i split up with my wife , and my be this will lead to divorce , wht should i do now ? is it possible to stay in the uk ? we were together for 6 months and we didnt finish even a year marriage unfortunatly.

u got ur rc yesterday and u want divorce now....

samire
Newly Registered

Post by samire » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm

gagsgahra wrote:

that wasnt my question ?? it a just friend who got that prob not me so he asked me to post that??

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:29 pm

You can only apply for RoR after atleast 3 yrs of marriage, no other option available. When did your "friend" get married and get an RC

samire wrote:
gagsgahra wrote:

that wasnt my question ?? it a just friend who got that prob not me so he asked me to post that??

samire
Newly Registered

Post by samire » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm

hey bobobo , thank u for quik reply

hey married in janury 2012 and he is in the uk since fab 2012 and got his RC on July 2012.

bobobo wrote:You can only apply for RoR after atleast 3 yrs of
marriage, no other option available. When did your "friend" get married and get an RC

samire wrote:
gagsgahra wrote:

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Samire,

Didn't you just get your RC yesterday?

What are you on about? If you thought you were getting separated or divorced, you should have with drawn your application mate. And you sent your EEA2 application on 27/06/2012,

an RC should be the least of your worries at the moment.
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

samire
Newly Registered

Post by samire » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:51 pm

wasnt me man whts wrong with u guys
craxy1102 wrote:Samire,

Didn't you just get your RC yesterday?

What are you on about? If you thought you were getting separated or divorced, you should have with drawn your application mate. And you sent your EEA2 application on 27/06/2012,

an RC should be the least of your worries at the moment.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm

samire wrote:i am non eea ,holding RC EEA2 valid for 5 years , but i have a problem i split up with my wife , and my be this will lead to divorce , wht should i do now ? is it possible to stay in the uk ? we were together for 6 months and we didnt finish even a year marriage unfortunatly.
After divorce your RC will become invalid and you lose your rights under the EEA Immigration Regulations.
Unless you qualify for Leave to Remain under the (domestic) Immigration Rules, you will have to leave the UK after divorce.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 pm

It is because of these cases that genuine cases face suspicion and delays.
Be good.

samire
Newly Registered

Post by samire » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm

anp wrote:It is because of these cases that genuine cases face suspicion and delays.

is genuine mate but things happen , u know

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 am

When asking for help on behalf of someone, don't become the other person and start with "I". Maintain your identity and start with "This is on behalf of someone who ....".
Don't edit / delete your posts after getting the answers you need, making the topic senseless and useless for others looking for similar information.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 am

He does not qualify for RoR, he woudl have to be married for 3 years to apply for this. Also as suggested I am sure Domestic Violence is Not involved and also clainming DV needs loads of proof including but not limited to Police reports. HO will grow suspicious if they see all this suddenly started after grant of RC and nothign like this happened in the relationship prior to marriage, assuming they did know each other prior to marriage and this wasnt an overnight decision.
samire wrote:hey bobobo , thank u for quik reply

hey married in janury 2012 and he is in the uk since fab 2012 and got his RC on July 2012.

bobobo wrote:You can only apply for RoR after atleast 3 yrs of
marriage, no other option available. When did your "friend" get married and get an RC

samire wrote:
gagsgahra wrote: u got ur rc yesterday and u want divorce now....

dorian1986

hi bobbo

Post by dorian1986 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 pm

what is RoR? Can you explain it please?

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: hi bobbo

Post by jotter » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:31 pm

dorian1986 wrote:what is RoR? Can you explain it please?
RoR stands for Right of Residence. Let's add another R. Retention of Rights of Residence. Go to this link and have a read of section 5.4: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary