ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 Dependent from India - urgent Info required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian0099
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 Dependent from India - urgent Info required

Post by indian0099 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi All,

I am working in UK on Tier 1 General visa and getting married in India soon (we both are Muslims). My query is regarding the Indian Nikah Namah (Marriage Certificate issued by a Qazi) - Is it an acceptable proof of marriage for Dependents visa application from India or is it mandatory register the marriage under Special marriage act?

Has anybody done it recently?

Any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Indian0099,

One of my friends recently applied for Tier 1 dependant from India and it was approved. In his case, he married a girl of different religion and got his marriage certified under the special marriage act from the local registration office. I think special marriage act would imply only to those who marry a man/woman of a different religion. In your case, if you nikah namah is legally certified, then there should not be any problem. It is always better to be on safe side and get it registered with the local registration office. You should also have pictures of your nikah and a wedding invitation card as proof of marriage.

(Optional evidence) Also, try to have pictures taken of both of you in the office while signing the register in the presence of registar/sub registrar.

indian0099
Newly Registered

Post by indian0099 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:20 am

Just to update everyone that I applied for entry clearance using Nikahnama (Issued By Qazi) and it was accepted as a valid proof of marriage. Got my Visa processed in just 9 working days. What more can I ask for :)

asc.26
Newly Registered

Post by asc.26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:27 pm

indian0099 wrote:Just to update everyone that I applied for entry clearance using Nikahnama (Issued By Qazi) and it was accepted as a valid proof of marriage. Got my Visa processed in just 9 working days. What more can I ask for :)
Hi indian0099,

Congratulations...

Since you have applied recently, could you please advise following:

1. Tier-1 Dependent Application Fee from India : ???

2. Little confusion around questions under Section-6( mainly last two):
Could you please advise, what did you entered (for a reference , in my case, my wife is unemployed and doesn't have any property or saving in her name)

Section 6, c) EMPLOYMENT AND FINANCES

I Section 6,c :
- Are you unemployed‚ employed‚ or self-employed?

- Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family?

- Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares?

- How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members?

Thanks a lot in advance.

ASC