ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

ILR application

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Dear fellows I have read lot of posts in this forum which indicate that council tax bill is necessary along with the documents while we apply for ILR application. what can I understand is that council tax bill is required just for two reasons i.e
A) It is the proof of our address.
B) It shows that the council Tax is being paid to City Council.

Now my questions are:

1. if we have other documents as a proof of ID and proof of address , like UK driving license, Is the council Tax bill still necessary to provide at application submission time?

2 I am living in a shared flat which consists of four rooms, and every room is occupied by different tenet, the council tax bill is on the name of owner, as he pays the bill of whole property and deducts it from our rent. Do I still need to provide that council tax bill? if I don't want to show that bill at the time of my application, what could be the issue please?

3. None of the utility bill is on my name as well because owner pays all the bills himself and takes from our rent amount.

please give your suggestion on this topic. Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Unless and except explicitly indicated, ILR application does not specify any certain document by name as requirement. Applicants bring with them what they have. If nine out of ten applicants on a certain day present council tax bill as evidence (usually of cohabitation), that does not make it a requirement.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 am

Thank you very much "wpilr_nov12" for your confirmation. I had a similar kind of view about the presentation of Council Tax Bill at the application submission time.
Thanks

Can any body else share his opinion/knowledge over this topic please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi.
dear "wpilr_nov12" do you have any knowledge that how many points will I get for my age on ILR application submission time.

I got 10 points for age at HSMP approval time and same 10 points were awarded while I got extension under Tier 1 general.

I am not sure weather I will get same 10 points for age or less points at ILR application time.

my visa category is 2 Years HSMP + 3 Years Tier 1 general.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Age Points at ILR time

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi.
every body do you have any knowledge that how many points will I get for my age on ILR application submission time.

I got 10 points for age at HSMP approval time and same 10 points were awarded while I got extension under Tier 1 general.

I am not sure weather I will get same 10 points for age or less points at ILR application time.

my visa category is 2 Years HSMP + 3 Years Tier 1 general.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Your question is answered in the previously given link.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Age Points at ILR time

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 am

ilrupdates wrote:I am not sure weather I will get same 10 points for age or less points at ILR application time.
Yes, you will get the same points that were awarded for your initial HSMP application.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Interesting, I did not quite realize this, and was thus claiming 0 points for age. Thanks guys.
Challenges make life worth it!