ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lionheart101
Newly Registered

Islamabad

Post by Lionheart101 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I applied in Islamabad

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: Visa Granted

Post by king2be98 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Ismail_Asghar wrote:My wife has today got a RFC, I applied on the 12/06/12 @ Islamabad.

It is easy for me to say now but inshallah June/July Applicants will be hearing soon.
Call the AC before you go to collect, in the last few weeks, I have seen 3 people waste time and money travelling to the AC to be told to come back later in the week. Good luck with it.

sarakh12
Newly Registered

Post by sarakh12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:31 pm

hubby got RFC today!! omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg o0mg omg omg!!!!!!

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm

king2be98 wrote:
m3y wrote:Listen 'king' you can say what you like but I know for a fact that no applications are handled outside Islamabad anymore. Previously they were sent to Abu Dhabi and Croydon but now nothing is handled in these places regarding settlement. Your visa was submitted last year... things have changed.
Our VISA was submitted this year....

The people who I'm referring to, the members on this site who's apps were handled in Abu Dhabi, all applied in 2012. I don't need to contact the UKBA, when I see things with my own eyes.
You will not believe me so I suggest you read for yourself:
The following doc gives you an overview of how the process works in pakistan:

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... amabad.pdf

In particular please see the following section:

3.22 Following the publication of our previous inspection report in October 2010 the Agency implemented changes to the process which meant that at the time of this inspection, Islamabad was responsible for processing all settlement, European Economic Area (EEA) family permit, business visit and long term (2,5,10 year) visit visa applications made at one of the four visa application centres in Pakistan (Islamabad, Lahore, Mirpur and Karachi). Abu Dhabi retained responsibility for processing all remaining applications submitted in Pakistan, Bahrain, UAE and Tehran.
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Wow looks like Islamabad is kicking in now........i got a general reply form my mp yesterday that my application is in process and they assured its in the 24 weeks time frame so i guess there is no need to expect anything sooner......

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm

sarakh12 wrote:hubby got RFC today!! omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg o0mg omg omg!!!!!!

Congrats. Good day for islamabad today. Lots of RFC's mashallah.

I pray that i and other june applicants from islamabad get their RFC's tomorrow.

I have already asked my wife to be on stand by with her mobile phone :wink:

MY TIMELINE:

14/06/2012 FROM ISB

Ismail_Asghar

Re: Visa Granted

Post by Ismail_Asghar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Ismail_Asghar wrote:My wife has today got a RFC, I applied on the 12/06/12 @ Islamabad.

It is easy for me to say now but inshallah June/July Applicants will be hearing soon.
Call the AC before you go to collect, in the last few weeks, I have seen 3 people waste time and money travelling to the AC to be told to come back later in the week. Good luck with it.
Thanks for the update.

My wife is not able to go until Monday cuz there is no one to take her and her brother is coming home over the weekend, I will let her know.

App Submitted 12/06/2012
RFC: Recieved Today

zny
Newly Registered

Post by zny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Thats more like it lots of rfc masha allah. an inshallah lots more rfc with good news.

Fire
Newly Registered

Post by Fire » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:01 pm

I am sure the people who are waiting for there spouses visa are also checking the online status, my wife only got the one sms when she submitted the application, however never received an sms to come and collect her documents, the online status changed and she went the next today to collect her passport. So keep checking online to

App submitted, 21st June at Mirpur
No sms received, Online status changed 12th November
Collected 13th November
Visa granted, Alhamdo'lillah
Last edited by Fire on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm

m3y wrote:
king2be98 wrote:
m3y wrote:Listen 'king' you can say what you like but I know for a fact that no applications are handled outside Islamabad anymore. Previously they were sent to Abu Dhabi and Croydon but now nothing is handled in these places regarding settlement. Your visa was submitted last year... things have changed.
Our VISA was submitted this year....

The people who I'm referring to, the members on this site who's apps were handled in Abu Dhabi, all applied in 2012. I don't need to contact the UKBA, when I see things with my own eyes.
You will not believe me so I suggest you read for yourself:
The following doc gives you an overview of how the process works in pakistan:

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... amabad.pdf

In particular please see the following section:

3.22 Following the publication of our previous inspection report in October 2010 the Agency implemented changes to the process which meant that at the time of this inspection, Islamabad was responsible for processing all settlement, European Economic Area (EEA) family permit, business visit and long term (2,5,10 year) visit visa applications made at one of the four visa application centres in Pakistan (Islamabad, Lahore, Mirpur and Karachi). Abu Dhabi retained responsibility for processing all remaining applications submitted in Pakistan, Bahrain, UAE and Tehran.
I just thought I would pop back on here to see how things were going and guess what THINGS HAVENT CHANGED!

UKBA still taking a long time, simple mistakes still being made by them, visasa getting refused for very stupid reasons, King2be still p***ing people off (im sorry but its not our fault that your parents never gave you any attention).

The wifes coming over next Saturday. We got the visa a few weeks ago but she stayed in Pakistan as we had relatives visiting. So not long now.

PS - Im taking my OISC exams, hopefully to become an immigration advisor. Thinking of a career change, and my wife got her visa 1st time round so Im doing something right!!
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 am

No RFC's today ??????????????????????????????

MY TIMELINE:

14/06/2012 FROM ISB

ruleaali
BANNED

STRANGE

Post by ruleaali » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 am

Hi
Its very strange i applied on 20 of june n still waiting after i read FIRE comments i checked online still same as it was he applied on 21st of june i am not sure as UKBA are doing random or they follow sequence probably i ll get the RFC in next week or two wallah-e-alam but i hope inshallah it will be but still i m confused about the 21st of june n 20th of june anyway cong to FIRE.
Thank You

laiba85
Newly Registered

Post by laiba85 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 am

I also applied on 20th june and still no response but im sure next week but wat do u mean by fire

Ok i get it now sorry

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 am

Scottishraja wrote:King2be still p***ing people off (im sorry but its not our fault that your parents never gave you any attention).
Petty, really petty how you have to launch personal attacks. As I said before it's a reflection of the person who makes such vile comments as a pose to the person they are aimed at.

That document he gave a link for has the dates Sept 2011-December 2011 which means it's at least 10 months ago when that was relevant. Everyone who applied in the first quarter of this year knows how busy they were and how a huge chunk of applicants were processed in Abu Dhabi.Some took it to hear, why? I have no idea.

Anyways it's wonderful to see you had to throw in a personal attack in amongst the rest of that. It's even more wonderful to see in the same post you mention how UKBA make simple and incorrect mistakes and then boast about getting your own the first time. Lol.

skstar

Post by skstar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am

KingtoBe stated, ‘Not having a job and not having steady income and not showing you can have third party support until you find a job will mean you won't be granted a VISA’.

However the girl did get her visa. She wrote a post about her worries and concerns about not having a stable job.

So this goes to show anything can happen.

Here is the link to the post :
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105848

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 am

skstar wrote:KingtoBe stated, ‘Not having a job and not having steady income and not showing you can have third party support until you find a job will mean you won't be granted a VISA’.

However the girl did get her visa. She wrote a post about her worries and concerns about not having a stable job.

So this goes to show anything can happen.

Here is the link to the post :
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105848
If you read carefully throughout that post, I am not the only who said, based on the information provided, which we obviously go by, the probability of her receiving her VISA is unlikely.

It just goes to show how there is a failure in the system in terms of consistency. But for her it's great news as she got her VISA. I haven't read the entire thread as there are a few posts in there, but it appears as most people in the thread agreed it was unlikely. But congrats to her.

waqasshah

Post by waqasshah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Dear Scottishraja,

First of all congratulations for the SPOUSE VISA. I wish you a very happy life with your wife.

Although I am not a moderator but we are all aware this forum has been created for time line only and not for gossips,chats, personnel attacks and for offiencive language.

It is not mandatory that every one must agree someone views. Sometimes I am not convinced with the posts of the members on the board but it did not mean that I have to be offensive and show my anger on others.

If you are not happy with king2be98 or other members posts you can convience them in a professional way rather then pointing out someones parents.

Infact Scottishraja if you realise you have pointed out finger on your parents. This is he way they brought you up ?

How do you feel now ? Just realise.

So respect others and their parents .

I wish you very good luck to become an immigration advisor. What do you think this sort of mind set and behaviour will help your clients ?

Please change your attitude and mindset.

Kind regards

Waqas Shah

---------------------------------------------

Application submitted: LHE : 28/06/2012
Under Process at BHC: 12/07/12

Chuck2012
- thin ice -

Post by Chuck2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 pm

waqasshah wrote:Dear Scottishraja,

First of all congratulations for the SPOUSE VISA. I wish you a very happy life with your wife.

Although I am not a moderator but we are all aware this forum has been created for time line only and not for gossips,chats, personnel attacks and for offiencive language.

It is not mandatory that every one must agree someone views. Sometimes I am not convinced with the posts of the members on the board but it did not mean that I have to be offensive and show my anger on others.

If you are not happy with king2be98 or other members posts you can convience them in a professional way rather then pointing out someones parents.

Infact Scottishraja if you realise you have pointed out finger on your parents. This is he way they brought you up ?

How do you feel now ? Just realise.

So respect others and their parents .

I wish you very good luck to become an immigration advisor. What do you think this sort of mind set and behaviour will help your clients ?

Please change your attitude and mindset.

Kind regards

Waqas Shah

---------------------------------------------

Application submitted: LHE : 28/06/2012
Under Process at BHC: 12/07/12
Spot on, couldn't have put it any better.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 pm

solospy wrote:No RFC's today ??????????????????????????????

MY TIMELINE:

14/06/2012 FROM ISB
I thought there would be more RFC's today but obviously it was my wishful thinking... Good luck June applicants!
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

Alyzah
BANNED

Post by Alyzah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

@ shazia inshallah next week,

I feel bad for king2be, hes trying to help people yes sometimes his outspoken and his approach is straightforward but his been insulted, a lot of abuse going on this forum when it should be help and advice,
Application submitted at Islamabad 28/06/12
Forwarded to BHC 12/07/12
Please remember me in your duas Insh'ALLAH

Patience is very healing...

Srs26
Newly Registered

Post by Srs26 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Can anyone pls tell me if sponsor undertaking form is required if applying from pakistan?

Alyzah
BANNED

Post by Alyzah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm

@ shazia inshallah next week,

I feel bad for king2be, hes trying to help people yes sometimes his outspoken and his approach is straightforward but his been insulted, a lot of abuse going on this forum when it should be help and advice,

topgun!

Post by topgun! » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Can we please stick to the topic i.e. timelines? We don't want this forum to be shut down.

Applied in KHI on 4 July 2012

Alyzah
BANNED

Post by Alyzah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

topgun! wrote:Can we please stick to the topic i.e. timelines? We don't want this forum to be shut down.

Applied in KHI on 4 July 2012
Isn't that what I said, telling people this forum is for help and advice, and I think you should have said that long ago..reading abuse on forum has actually discouraged me to visit to forum and thats not supposd to happen. So I havent said anything wrong, oh my time line is below, sticking to topic.

topgun!

Post by topgun! » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

@Alyzah My comments weren't directed at you. I totally agree with what you said.

In terms of timelines, UKBA should be publishing the October figures pretty soon, which should give us an idea of the processing times.

My timelines are as follows:
Applied from Karachi on 4 July 2012
Under processing at BHC from 17 July 2012