ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Salary Requirement - PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aquig
Newly Registered

SOC Salary Requirement - PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by aquig » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Hiya!

I currently hold a PSW visa which expires 13/2/13. My employer sent the application to become a licensed sponsor. I have a few questions, so hopefully someone can help.

1. How long should it take until I hear back? I still have to get the CoS and apply for my visa..

2. The minimum salary for my position is £15.88/hour, which it says is based on a 37.5 hour week, unless otherwise stated. I currently meet this requirement, but only if I work 35 hours a week. Does this mean it is ok if I work 35 hours a week?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SOC Salary Requirement - PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by makky86 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:36 pm

aquig wrote:Hiya!

I currently hold a PSW visa which expires 13/2/13. My employer sent the application to become a licensed sponsor. I have a few questions, so hopefully someone can help.

1. How long should it take until I hear back? I still have to get the CoS and apply for my visa..

Currently it takes between 6-7 months to get T2 License. Usually you get one unrestricted COS with new license but some recent new sponsors are saying that it is not the case anymore and you have to apply for COS separately (which again takes upto 4 months).
I know its crap :(

2. The minimum salary for my position is £15.88/hour, which it says is based on a 37.5 hour week, unless otherwise stated. I currently meet this requirement, but only if I work 35 hours a week. Does this mean it is ok if I work 35 hours a week?
It means you are earning more than the required salary .(Should be okay sir)