ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for my COS allocation. Any other alternative? Urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srinath.ravul
Newly Registered

Waiting for my COS allocation. Any other alternative? Urgent

Post by srinath.ravul » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Dear Members,

My Visa is expiring on November 16th and I am still waiting for my cos.
My company has applied for allocation and waiting for UKBA to come back.
I am now on the 10 day window, but i am really worried.
Please tell me what are my alternatives if UKBA delays allocating COS beofre Nov 16th?
My company is ready to give me any kind of letter for any alternative.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Srinath

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:58 pm

ask HR to send a request for urgent treatment to:

sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

They should explain the reason for the request and enclose a copy of your visa.

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Post by crazyjelly » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi Srinath,

My visa expires on the 16th as well and my company hasnt even got its sponsorship license approved! The agency that my company uses said they would request an urgent treatment 10 days before my visa expires...if the home office doesn't get back to us, they will have to send my application form off with supporting documents (without any COS) as the worst case...this is what i'd been told :shock:

fingers and toes crossed for both of us!!!

tier210

Post by tier210 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 am

hi
my visa expires on 6th and i struggled with similar stresses.
just follow manci's advice, ask hr to send reminders in the 10 working days when ur visa ends.
hopefully u will get it allocated before then as mine got sorted as well.
wish you luck.

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Post by crazyjelly » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Srinath,

has your company requested an urgent treatment yet?

The agency which deals with my application made a request at 09:48am on 2/11 and received the following reply at 10:55am on the same day!

"Thank you for your email.

We can confirm the above application is being treated as urgent.

Due to the high level of Sponsor Licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our normal published service standard.

Please note, if the application is referred for a visit, processing times will be significantly longer.

Kind regards
Sponsor Licensing Support (HP)"

Hope the UKBA will be getting in touch soon!

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Post by crazyjelly » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm

tier210 wrote:hi
just follow manci's advice, ask hr to send reminders in the 10 working days when ur visa ends.
wish you luck.
Cheers Tier210!

Will keep you guys updated :D

srinath.ravul
Newly Registered

Post by srinath.ravul » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:18 pm

manci wrote:ask HR to send a request for urgent treatment to:

sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

They should explain the reason for the request and enclose a copy of your visa.
Thanks for your reply!
Yes, they have made it a priority request.
But no reply yet. Hope fully, some thing should be sorted out this week.

srinath.ravul
Newly Registered

Post by srinath.ravul » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 pm

tier210 wrote:hi
wish you luck.
Thanks for ur reply!
I will wait for another week and see if i get any update from them.
Was urs sorted in the 10day window?

srinath.ravul
Newly Registered

Post by srinath.ravul » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm

crazyjelly wrote:Hi Srinath,

has your company requested an urgent treatment yet?

The agency which deals with my application made a request at 09:48am on 2/11 and received the following reply at 10:55am on the same day!

"Thank you for your email.

We can confirm the above application is being treated as urgent.

Due to the high level of Sponsor Licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our normal published service standard.

Please note, if the application is referred for a visit, processing times will be significantly longer.

Kind regards
Sponsor Licensing Support (HP)"

Hope the UKBA will be getting in touch soon!

Yes, My company has requested for urgent treatment.
But i am not sure UKBA will respond with this 10 day window.
I am desperatley waiting.
Hope they respond with this 10day window.

Will keep you posted. Fingers crossed!!!

srinath.ravul
Newly Registered

Post by srinath.ravul » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm

My visa expires on the 16th as well and my company hasnt even got its sponsorship license approved! The agency that my company uses said they would request an urgent treatment 10 days before my visa expires...if the home office doesn't get back to us, they will have to send my application form off with supporting documents (without any COS) as the worst case...this is what i'd been told :shock:

Oh! we all are in same boat!!
Yes, fingers crossed!! I wish you good luck!
Have you thought any other alternative if you dont get a response with in 10 days?

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Post by crazyjelly » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 pm

srinath.ravul wrote:

Have you thought any other alternative if you dont get a response with in 10 days?
The agency said if (in the worst case) we've not heard anything back from the UKBA by 16/11, they will send my application form off without the COS. My application will then be passed onto a caseworker and hopefully things will all be sorted by then! I have been very worried and stressed over my visa application because....as far as I know my company(the agency) didnt hand in their sponsorship application until early Oct (yes! they only handed it in a month ago pffffff ) I honestly don't have much faith on the agency but well...they said they have had 100% successful rate on sponsorship and tier 2 applications so fingers crossed!hope mine's not gonna break their record haha!

Good luck to you too! will keep you updated ;)

srinath.ravul
Newly Registered

Got my Visa today!!

Post by srinath.ravul » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Got my Visa today!!! Such a huge sigh of relief!!
UKBA responded yesterday 4pm and gave CoS allocation.
Well, happy ending!!

What about u guys??

crazyjelly wrote:
srinath.ravul wrote:

The agency said if (in the worst case) we've not heard anything back from the UKBA by 16/11, they will send my application form off without the COS. My application will then be passed onto a caseworker and hopefully things will all be sorted by then! I have been very worried and stressed over my visa application because....as far as I know my company(the agency) didnt hand in their sponsorship application until early Oct (yes! they only handed it in a month ago pffffff ) I honestly don't have much faith on the agency but well...they said they have had 100% successful rate on sponsorship and tier 2 applications so fingers crossed!hope mine's not gonna break their record haha!

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Re: Got my Visa today!!

Post by crazyjelly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

srinath.ravul wrote:Got my Visa today!!! Such a huge sigh of relief!!
UKBA responded yesterday 4pm and gave CoS allocation.
Well, happy ending!!

What about u guys??

crazyjelly wrote:
srinath.ravul wrote:

OH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

you mean you got the tier 2 general visa approved???!! did you go for the premium service?

I am currently on my study leave as I've got two exams next week...heard absolutely NOTHING from the agency while am off work :( it's probable that they've sent my application form off without a COS yesterday...I've been checking the tier 2 sponsorship list issued by the UKBA everyday but my company's name still hasnt appeared on it yet *sigh* is your companys name shown on the list now as it obtained the sponsorship yesterday?