ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crowline

april applicants

Post by crowline » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 am

have any April applicants got their visas yet? am getting a bit impatient considering I need to travel b4 8th dec!! i dnt knw of any country visa that you pay over £500 for and wait over 6months, and have no right to information!! hw ridiculous

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi guys, finally some good news! Returned home early this morning after dropping off husband at work and there was the postman about to fill in the "Sorry, you were out" form! Here's my timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 16/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 20/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 23/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 22/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 03/04/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: 16/11/2012 (letter dated 12/11/2012)
Biometrics card received: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

Good luck to everyone waiting and thank you to everyone on this forum for all the information and support! I'll still be lurking here to mentally prepare for the ILR application in a couple of years so feel free to ask any questions!

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 pm

I am an april applicant. still no response. Told solicitor yestarday to write letter. they told me they are taking action.. dont know that may help or not.. :(

saiful.developer
Newly Registered

Post by saiful.developer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 pm

HI one guy came to my house with private delivery . we have not recieved passport yet . but he said he got card to delivery. does BRP card comes before passport? also he did not give the card to me becuase i did not have any id in my hand . is it normal ?

my time line as bellow :

Visa Type: FLR(M)
Application Date : 01/07/2012
AcknowledgeMent Letter : 04/07/2012
Biometric submitted : 01/09/2012
Man came with card : 16/11/2012 (did not give it to me withoout ID)
Passport : still waiting

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm

HI one guy came to my house with private delivery . we have not recieved passport yet . but he said he got card to delivery. does BRP card comes before passport? also he did not give the card to me becuase i did not have any id in my hand . is it normal ?
Our passports and supporting documents came this morning at 8.30 am. in the envelope, there is a letter stating that the BRP is on its way and highlighted is a paragraph saying that a courier will deliver the BRP but identification must be provided.

At 4 pm today my doorbell rang and it was the courier. It's possible for your BRP to arrive before your passports and documents because it's delivered by two separate companies - passports and documents (Royal Mail signed for), BRP (courier, ID needed before courier hands BRP over to you). I used my driver's license and the guy gave the envelope to me, no problem.

My final timeline :

Date passport/docs received from HO: 16/11/2012 (dated 12/11/2012)
Biometrics card received: 16/11/2012

backagain

Post by backagain » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm

stephanielqy wrote:
Our passports and supporting documents came this morning at 8.30 am. in the envelope, there is a letter stating that the BRP is on its way and highlighted is a paragraph saying that a courier will deliver the BRP but identification must be provided.
Congrats stephanielqy! So pleased to read that you wait is over. Great news

saiful.developer
Newly Registered

Post by saiful.developer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 pm

stephanielqy wrote:

At 4 pm today my doorbell rang and it was the courier. It's possible for your BRP to arrive before your passports and documents because it's delivered by two separate companies - passports and documents (Royal Mail signed for), BRP (courier, ID needed before courier hands BRP over to you). I used my driver's license and the guy gave the envelope to me, no problem.

My final timeline :

Date passport/docs received from HO: 16/11/2012 (dated 12/11/2012)
Biometrics card received: 16/11/2012
I do not have any ID Without passport so i will wait untill my passport back and not sure how often this guy will come back ....

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

[quote] Congrats stephanielqy! So pleased to read that you wait is over. Great news [/quote]

Thank you backagain! :) Good luck with your application, it looks like things are moving along!

[quote] I do not have any ID Without passport so i will wait untill my passport back and not sure how often this guy will come back .... [/quote]

Didn't the guy leave some sort of card so you can collect the BRP another time? Perhaps other options for ID are debit/credit card, marriage certificate, or bank statements?[/quote]

saiful.developer
Newly Registered

Post by saiful.developer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

stephanielqy wrote:
Congrats stephanielqy! So pleased to read that you wait is over. Great news
Thank you backagain! :) Good luck with your application, it looks like things are moving along!

I do not have any ID Without passport so i will wait untill my passport back and not sure how often this guy will come back ....
Didn't the guy leave some sort of card so you can collect the BRP another time? Perhaps other options for ID are debit/credit card, marriage certificate, or bank statements?

i have shown them bank statement but he did not accept it . he said he has another 300 card to deliver so he will come back (did not mention when) and also i wish i will get my passport and documentback by tommorow.
anyways thank you for you kind reply .

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

What a £!%$@^ hahaha. Good luck and congratulations, at least now you know your FLR(M) is approved!

Edit : Having read the letter that came with my documents, I expected a request for ID. Sadly the courier guy didn't seem to remember/care, I had to ask him if he wanted to see it and he said "oh yeah.." *facepalm*

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi, congrats first of all.

Secondly, it is very common that brp comes before the file or file can come very next day. About the delivery, that is weird that the guy did not deliver it even though you were at home, you dont necessarily need your passport as id, you can check on their website as u can google them, ukba sends brp through DX, secured service. You can show them a debit/credit card that is still valid (shouldnt be an expired one) or drivers license or passport which ofcourse you havent received it. But dont worry if brp is with DX as they tried to deliver then it means your file is defo in post as brp is sent after the file. File is sent back by royal mail so u can expect a slow delivery . But it looks good for you so congrats and enjoy the moment.
saiful.developer wrote:HI one guy came to my house with private delivery . we have not recieved passport yet . but he said he got card to delivery. does BRP card comes before passport? also he did not give the card to me becuase i did not have any id in my hand . is it normal ?

my time line as bellow :

saiful.developer
Newly Registered

Post by saiful.developer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:02 pm

waitwaitwait wrote:Hi, congrats first of all.

Secondly, it is very common that brp comes before the file or file can come very next day. About the delivery, that is weird that the guy did not deliver it even though you were at home, you dont necessarily need your passport as id, you can check on their website as u can google them, ukba sends brp through DX, secured service. You can show them a debit/credit card that is still valid (shouldnt be an expired one) or drivers license or passport which ofcourse you havent received it. But dont worry if brp is with DX as they tried to deliver then it means your file is defo in post as brp is sent after the file. File is sent back by royal mail so u can expect a slow delivery . But it looks good for you so congrats and enjoy the moment.
saiful.developer wrote:HI one guy came to my house with private delivery . we have not recieved passport yet . but he said he got card to delivery. does BRP card comes before passport? also he did not give the card to me becuase i did not have any id in my hand . is it normal ?

my time line as bellow :

Thanks everyone. wish everyone good luck. I got my passport today and document back.

PaulandTamuna
Newly Registered

Re: april applicants

Post by PaulandTamuna » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:27 pm

crowline wrote:have any April applicants got their visas yet? am getting a bit impatient considering I need to travel b4 8th dec!! i dnt knw of any country visa that you pay over £500 for and wait over 6months, and have no right to information!! hw ridiculous
Hi!
It seems that the very same situation is in Down Under! Our relative is been waiting for her visa for a last 8 months!

neoid33
Newly Registered

Re: Migrants Rights compiling cases to raise official compla

Post by neoid33 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 am

Morning! Got my letter indicate Bio card coming soon.

neoid
App: 2nd July
Confirm letter: received 9th July
Bio letter: 1st Sep
Biometrics: 1st Sep
Docs received: 19th Nov - Letter Dated 15th Nov. (Stupid 2nd class tight mule UKBA)
Bio card: God knows

Skonky

Update...

Post by Skonky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Just thought I would date my status

2nd July sent application
1st sept biometrics
17th nov requested more documents
19th nov sent documents

Now hoping my wait is almost over.........

crowline

june+ applications

Post by crowline » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 pm

seems like ukba has decided to process applications after June and put the ones b4 aside all in the name of meeting end of year performance targets(6months). all applications b4 june have officially joined the backlog of cases which they havnt got enough staff to clear! wat a load of bollocks. btw no hard feeling for those gettg their visas

ID29

Approved!

Post by ID29 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi folks,

Good news.
Application for FLR approved (I'm the sponsor, applicant already posted above).

Firstly, I want to thank all those who have gone before and taken the time to post their updates. We all know what its like to send off our applications and then wait... and wait... and wait. I think most of us knew it wasn't going to be a speedy process but I can't tell you of the relief seeing others get their approvals and knowing that soon it would be our turn. Getting no real-time feedback from UKBA is without doubt the most frustrating aspect of the process but you guys have helped immeasurably. So much so, that we have even been able to predict when we'd hear some news (we'd hoped for last week but its near enough).

If it helps, here is the background to our application:

Ours was a straight forward case in most respects, We applied in January for entry clearance to form a Civil Partnership (two males, 8 year long distance relationship). My partner landed in the spring and we then arranged for a simple ceremony. Our first set back was just registering for a civil partnership at a designated registry office; we had to wait more than six weeks just to get an appointment. That done, the ceremonial part was organised for the day after the first allowable day and then we spent a couple of weeks polishing our application. At the same time we became aware the Government were changing the rules and after some research realised that they wouldn't affect those 'already on the path to settlement'. The application itself was backed up with bank statements, proofs of ID, a household budget and details of our accommodation. As the sponsor I also included a long letter that detailed our relationship, our aspirations for the future, and a bullet point lists referring to other documents and how they formed part of the case we were making. At no point have we used lawyers or other professional services. The only reservation we had during the entire process was my starting a new business last year and the patchy proof of income since. In a way, the long delays have helped in that all these months later we're still here, still paying the rent and bills etc. I guess it would be difficult for them to say our/my income was insufficient after forcing us to survive all this time (and to be fair, my income hasn't been great but it is improving).

Today, we received our passports and documents with a letter indicating that the Biometric Residence Permit is on-route. Our relief just cannot be stated highly enough. Its been a year since last July when we both decided that after 7 years it was 'now or never' and we embarked along the path that brings us to today. My partner who is well educated/qualified can now begin contributing to our lives and that of the country... and it shouldn't be forgotten he gave up a good job to come here in the first place.

Would we have done anything different? I suppose we might have given the express service more consideration and we didn't know getting into a designated registry office was going to involve a longish wait. Other than that, we pretty much had everything ready when needed and I can't see where we might have speeded up the process from our end.

To those still waiting, I pray you hear something soon. I know some have applied before us but ultimately, it sounds like all our applications are on the fast track now. I'm also especially sympathetic to those who have applied for FLM after entry to the UK (rather that an in-country Visa change) where the applicant cannot work until approval. Even for the relatively well-off I know this wait is particularly difficult when relying on a single income. More so for those with young families.

Once again, to all those who have contributed here, your support, feedback and friendship has been the thing that kept us sane throughout. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I will stick around for a while in the hope we see more good news in the coming days/weeks for others.

Regards
John
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa From: Proposed CP

Farhak
Newly Registered

Waiting..

Post by Farhak » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey guys, i've been following up this forum for a while now and it's my first post..

Firstly congrats to all those that have received their visa's (so jealous!)

My husband applied for his visa in March 2012 (FLR-M) and submitted his biometric data around the 14th of April, ever since then we have been waiting, called their contact number several times but they just say "ur application is being processed" our solicitor has sent a few letters but no response. We're now hoping to see our local MP this week and see if there is anything he can do to help.

Starting to get very impatient now as we had some major plans to travel at the start of next yr but at this rate looks like we won't be going anywhere. It's so unfair that UKBA has so much control over our lives...

Although this forum has given us some home, to know that were not alone in the boat does help but at the same time its so unfair how people that applied a lot later have received their visas and we are still waiting.

Anyone else applied around same time as us and still waiting?

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Are you an applicant that submitted an FLR(M) by post in Feb - May 2012? I submitted a FOI request tonight to get answers as to why our applications remain on the back burner. I invite you to check out the request, follow it (subscribe), and annotate the request with your dates. Somebody, somewhere is going to have to listen to us.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/u ... pplication

Farhak
Newly Registered

Post by Farhak » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am

Hi,

Yes we did make the application between March-May. It is infact quite frustating that ppl who applied much later have received their visas while we r still waiting, a very unfair system that doesn't make any sense.

June2012Applicant
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone for keeping us updated!

Post by June2012Applicant » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks everyone for keeping us updated by sharing your timeline!

This is my very first post...

I can not Thank You enough, as I was sooo Stress FREE and relaxed when a lot of people out there are stressed as they are not aware of this topic.

I was keeping myself updated with this topic for last about a month. Since last week, as I saw people who applied around the same time as mine started receiving their Passport and BRP, a real hope started to grow inside me that I should receive mine soon. And today I collected my Documents from the local Royal Mail Enquiry Office (as I was not home when they tried to deliver it on Saturday).

The total waiting time since the day I sent the documents was 4 and Half months. And I only was waiting to get my documents for one week. And my waiting is over. It would have been a stressing time for me as I would never have an idea, when will I receive mine!

Thank you everyone once again!

My Application Timeline:

Application Sent to HO: 29/06/2012
Ack. Letter Received : 07/07/2012
Biometric Letter Rec. : 31/08/2012
Biometric Enrolled On : 01/09/2012
Req. Sponsor's PP On : 17/10/2012
Rec. Sponsor's PP On : 25/10/2012
PP+Docs Del. Attempt :17/11/2012
PP+Docs Collected On: 19/11/2012
BRP Card Del. Attempt:17/11/2012
BRP Card Redelivered : Sooooooon

Hope everyone gets benefited from this group.

Skonky

Congrats

Post by Skonky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

It's great to see all the good news coming in

Congratulations to u id29 and the other recent recipients.

It is disgusting though for those who have been waiting for much longer and I totally feel for them

Really hoping to get mine soon

I wasn't aware of the rule changes from July 9th

What exactly changed?

Skonky

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 am

Hi Skonky,
I wasn't aware of the rule changes from July 9th

What exactly changed?
Please see below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I have just called up UKBA about my biometrics letter as I still have not recieved it, and I was told that they have no record of me on the system...this doesn't make ANY sense.

I called up two weeks ago, where they were given my reference number and had my details on the system then...what on earth could have changed it from 2 weeks ago to today?

He said their system may be experincing issues and that maybe I should try again tomorrow. Has anyone else had the same problem??

Skonky

Cdn girl

Post by Skonky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Maybes you have left the system because they have sent out your visa

Good luck

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 pm

I wish that were the case :(

I just tried again and got through to someone else who found my details in the system...

The first guy I talked to after he asked when I applied and I said Sept 25th said, I will pass this along to the biometrics team and get a letter generated for you...but then couldn't find my details...

The second person I spoke with found my details but said I would just have to continue to wait...

SO FRUSTRATED!!