ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull , 16 Nov 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 am

Hi All,

I have been granted ILR with my wife and son in Solihull PEO. A big thanks to the forum members for this.

i arrived in uk on work permit. switch to tier1 after 1.5 years. so tier1 expired in april this year which was extended.

- Appointment 10:40 AM 16 Nov
- Arrived at 10:00.
- initial look at the form , security check and given token.
- around 10:15 mins called at a counter to meet case worker.
- she was smiling and mentioned that she would be fine if my wife and son sit behind. but we chose to sit together.
- asked about purpose of visit to PEO, applying in which category.
-Asked for the form , life in the uk results and passports
- asked us if we want the biometrics at a different address than home address.
we chose office address as are required to sign.
she asked to fill the office address as the correspondance address.
- asked when were the photos taken
i had photos from March but mentioned that they were recent. more on this later.
- she spent some time checking my absences page.
she commented that i havent been away much in the last 5 years.
i handed over the absences sheet based on template from the forum ( had changed the template a bit as some of my time away was work + vacation).
I was away for 193 days in total.
for some time away it was mixed with some work and some vacation.
i told have a letter from employer. she told that she doesnt need as was within limit it but now that i have got one she will have it.
As she was asking in a relaxed manner i told her that my understanding was 180 days is the limit.
she said it is 180 but they do consider upto 225 ( i guess this is the discretion of the officer)

-Asked for 12 months salary slips, calculated all the salaries and tallied it with the total mentioned in the form;
- she couldnt arrive at the same figure so i helped out but pointing out to include bonus etc. case worked thanked me for this.
- Asked for bank statement. i had marked the entries for salary by pencil. she liked this and tallied with the salary slips.
- asked what do i have for cohab.
- i supplied concil bill and water bills. she looked at the issue date and said cannot use some documents.
she was looking for the something in the Nov 2010 to Nov 2012 period. immediate last two years.
note: i think this contradicts with what i had read on forum.

other proof i had were very old for our initial two years in uk. she herself suggested that she will council for 2011, use one joint bank statement, so now needs some other proof for the last two years.
she asked if i have salary slips for my wife. luckily i had her last two salary slips (had only carried p60 for her and these salary slips were lying around so had them in my misc documents folder)
she said that my salary slip has address on it and if my wife's salary slip also has it then we are good.

she took one of my salary statement and said she will use that along with salary slip of my wife. the salary slip had the same address on them.

- she spent some time making some checks
- Asked for photocopies and thanked that this will save her time.
i had missed photocopy of bank statement. she said its fine and she will do it for me.

- Then she left us for a few checks while we waited for a few minutes.
- She then said that if the biometric check doesnt bring up anything and payment goes fine, we are good to go.
- We paid the fees at cashier's window.
i used my credit card ( master card ). had spoken with my bank earlier and made sure there was enough balance on my card.
as a backup had prepared payment page with my debit card. i was also carrying a blank payment page printout in case had to use some other means at last minute.

- Waited about 15 minutes and were called for the biometrics which took another 15 minutes.
during the biometric of my son they found that the case worker had used the photo of some other child from prev appoinment.
the old lady taking the biometrics was most helpful and said she would sort this out.

then she came back and told that we would need new photos for my son.
Actually i made the mistake of using photos taken in March for my son.
the same photos were used for Tier1 extension in March. hence she said they would like new photos and will guide me where to get them.
she said lets finish the biometrics which we did all over again.

then she guided about the nearby shop. we took our son and got the phtos done. my son wasnt keeping well and it took 15 mins to get one shot.

handed over the photos and were told to come back in an hour.
- the lady advised me to switch my mobile on once outside in case they have some questions.

- after we came back at 1:15pm , we were given the grant letter and original documents.

summary of docs used.
- photographs
- 12 months payslips
- 12 months bank statements
- LIUK test certificates
- cohab
- Council tax bill
- one salary slip of wife
- one page from joint bank statement.
- Photo copies of passport, pay slips, statements etc. took only some pages from passport.

Observations:
1. Solihull PEO seems to have very helpful staff. Everyone we dealt with ( security office, case worker, biometric dept) was eager to help.
from what i read, some PEO take payment before we see the case offier.
i discussed this with the lady taking biometric. she told that at Solihull they aim to make it easier for the applicant. she smiled and told that they would get good reviews from me then ;-)
2. Handed over only the documents require by case worked. as mentioned by others in forum its good to divide documents in 3 sets. must-have documents , photo copies, misc documents.
3. Making the caseworker's job easy by highlighting salary entries etc. seems to be a sensible to do.

thanks to all again.
-S

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:25 am

Congrats mate.Can you please let us know your EC date , Entry date and current visa expiry date ? Also which date did you account for calculating 5 years please ?

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Congratulalations and thank you very much for detailed step by step accounts of your experience there.

Can you please highlight on date you based your 28days on is it first entry date in UK or the date on your initial grant for you Visa.

Thank you
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 am

i used my entry date in uk to calculate 5 years.
i came to uk in oct 2007 on work permit. then after 1.5 years switched to tier1. my tier1 expired in april this year which was renewed. the renewal application took a long time and arrived in october. so my tier1 was extended to aug 2014.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Congrats.
Need some advice on booking the PEO appointment. For last few days I have been trying to get one but none available. Any specific times you tried ?

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm

for appointment i followed instructons on someblog to login just before midnight and then refresh page just after 12. there were loads of appointments. sorry dont have the link for the blog.

the date i got was 42 days after current date.

stokbrig

applying date ILR

Post by stokbrig » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 am

[quote="ind2uk"]i used my entry date in uk to calculate 5 years.
i came to uk in oct 2007 on work permit. then after 1.5 years switched to tier1. my tier1 expired in april this year which was renewed. the renewal application took a long time and arrived in october. so my tier1 was extended to aug 2014.[/

Please advise on your application date, did you apply
within 28 days before the fifth anniversary of your arrival date to the uk or after you passed that date.
Thanks

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 am

i applied after completion of 5 years. this was done as i didnt get an appointment earlier.

SONAKSHI

Salary Calculations

Post by SONAKSHI » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Congratulations ind2uk, Would you clarify a bit more on the salary calculation. Does the figure you write in the application need to tally exactly with that on your salary slips. My salary slips have a number of enteries each month as a reimbursements for my travel expenses. Guess these will not be included in the salary but it would be a laborious task to take these out and calculate the salary. Would it be okay if the salary is much higher than the amount I require, or will i need to calculate exactly. I have also been out of UK for over 180 days and will need to travel more before my ILR renewal comes but it should be within 200 days. Would you please post a sanitised copy of your letter of Absences.
Appreciate in advance for your help.
Kind Regards
Less is More

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

sonakshi -
1. my salary entries were much simpler. i picked up the gross salary figure from the slips. for me this is listed as 'Salary'. only for one month there was a bonus which i had included.

the best thing would be to mark the entry which you inlcude on the salary. you can mark with pencil or highlighter.

Its all about simplifying the case for the case worker. if there are too many entries for you , i''d suggest preparing a simple table with entries picked for each month and then arrive at total. the case worker may refer to it if they wish to.

2. for my absences as there were some visit to india which were work and personal vacation got the following letter

Note: the case worked didnt look at my letter. she did take the letter from me.

To,
UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain - SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain - SET (O)

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to confirm that $$$$$ has been employed with $$$$$.
During his employment, he has visited other branches of the company outside of UK for project discussions and to meet other teams.
Information about work visits outside the UK:
- Visited $$$$$ office for project discussions from
o $$$$$ to $$$$$ ($$$$$ weeks).

- While in India from $$$$$ to $$$$$, he visited our $$$$$ office and worked with the team there from
o $$$$$ to $$$$$ ($$$$$ weeks )

While abroad he was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on
<Employer Phone No> and <email id>

Yours faithfully

Name
< Role>

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please kindly keep us posted once you'll recieve your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 pm

i received biometric cards for my wife and myself today.
strangely my son's card didnt arrive :-( sent an email to home office about my son's card

application made 16 nov (friday)
biometric recd 20 nov (tuesday)

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I am a work permit holder and will be applying ILR shortly.
Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....