ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCOUNTANT REGISTRATION DOCUMENT?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mayurc

ACCOUNTANT REGISTRATION DOCUMENT?

Post by Mayurc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 am

Hello Gurus,

I am applying next week for my extension. I am showing my sole trader account and my solicitor have told me that you have to ask your accoutant to provide document of registration with ACCA as per changes made by Tier 1 application form by home office in October form.

I asked my accountant and he said I can not provide you a copy of my certificate however my letterhead is showing my registration number with ACCA.

I am now confused what to do now? Please reply asap. Thanks

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

Have you even tried reading the guideline or just believed on what your solicitor said. Read the guideline it doesn't ask for CA's registration document.

Mayurc

Post by Mayurc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am

params0073 wrote:Have you even tried reading the guideline or just believed on what your solicitor said. Read the guideline it doesn't ask for CA's registration document.
Yes i read and it says in new form 10/12 version

Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately
regulated, and evidence of registration must be provided.

Thanks

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:02 am

I applied for my extension without the proof of registration (with my CA's ACCA reg. number on letterhead) but if your CA is giving you the ACCA registration number on letterhead that should be enough.

Mayurc

Post by Mayurc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am

params0073 wrote:I applied for my extension without the proof of registration (with my CA's ACCA reg. number on letterhead) but if your CA is giving you the ACCA registration number on letterhead that should be enough.
when did you apply?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 am

I applied in Feb this year but the guildline is same for the "Supporting Evidence for Previous Earnings Claimed"

text from version 4/11 guideline :-

Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately regulated, and evidence of registration must be provided.

its same in new and old version.

Mayurc

Post by Mayurc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am

params0073 wrote:I applied in Feb this year but the guildline is same for the "Supporting Evidence for Previous Earnings Claimed"

text from version 4/11 guideline :-

Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately regulated, and evidence of registration must be provided.

its same in new and old version.
You are superstar Param...

Thanks

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:30 pm

To make your life simple, ask your accountant to include his ACCA reg. number on the letter which he would give you.

That would suffice UKBA.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

silverline

Hi

Post by silverline » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 pm

UKBA has requested evidence to curb unregulated, unqualified stupids running "accountancy shops". Many applicants are lured by them as they look cheap but in the end get their case complicated..................you do not need accountant's certificate of registration to comply with UKBA requirement. Accountants' regulated body logo i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA etc & registration number on letterhead suffice.

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: Hi

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:53 am

silverline wrote:UKBA has requested evidence to curb unregulated, unqualified stupids running "accountancy shops". Many applicants are lured by them as they look cheap but in the end get their case complicated..................you do not need accountant's certificate of registration to comply with UKBA requirement. Accountants' regulated body logo i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA etc & registration number on letterhead suffice.
Agree with above comments. Only thing to add is, Make sure your accountant is not just only qualified but he/she must have a 'practicing licence' from ACCA/ICAEW etc. Best way to make sure that your accountant has a practicing licence is to search on institute's website and see if he/she is registered as a practitioner. I have seen increase in Home Office enquiries. I recently received a call from HO just to confirm my full name because I forgot to add my middle name on a client's letter.

MOGA84

Post by MOGA84 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi HSK Accountancy Services,
Make sure your accountant is not just only qualified but he/she must have a 'practicing licence' from ACCA/ICAEW etc. Best way to make sure that your accountant has a practicing licence is to search on institute's website and see if he/she is registered as a practitioner.
My accountant is a memeber of Charted Accountants Ireland (CAI) but the website doesn't show the type of his license. The accountant website mention that they've audit license from CAI, does this mean they're practicing too?
Also he had mentioned that CAI/ICAI are the same institue (Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)). I had googled it and seems to be correct.

Mayurc

Got Visa

Post by Mayurc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone.

I have received my visa. My accountant had stamp which had his ACCA registration number and i also printed the copy from ACCA website showing he is a member.

Thanks

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:25 am

MOGA84 wrote:Hi HSK Accountancy Services,
Make sure your accountant is not just only qualified but he/she must have a 'practicing licence' from ACCA/ICAEW etc. Best way to make sure that your accountant has a practicing licence is to search on institute's website and see if he/she is registered as a practitioner.
My accountant is a memeber of Charted Accountants Ireland (CAI) but the website doesn't show the type of his license. The accountant website mention that they've audit license from CAI, does this mean they're practicing too?
Also he had mentioned that CAI/ICAI are the same institue (Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)). I had googled it and seems to be correct.
If your accountant hold the audit licence then that is good. Every institute has members and firms directory listing. Look for the information in both list.

Sorry cannot reply any private messages so post any queries on the forum. I am not a regular visitor to this website but happy to help if there is a specific questions not already answered by someone in past.

Good luck for the application.

Cheers

MOGA84

Post by MOGA84 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks v.much HSK Accountancy Services.