ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Turkish Team Contact Number and ECAA1 timelines

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

serr

Sheffield Turkish Team Contact Number and ECAA1 timelines

Post by serr » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi

I have applied for an extension under ECAA1- Turkish Employed on 20/08/2012 received letter inviting for biometrics in the post office around 10 days after, gone and did the biometrics and still waiting. My previous extensions under the same ECAA1 Turkish Employed 1 year and 3 years ago has not taken more than 3 weeks. It has now been 2 and half months and still nothing.

Does anyone know if the Turkish team has been abolished or taken its share of cuts resulting in this wait? or is there another reason? The contact number on the application 08706067766 is not being answered and goes straight to answer machine and it says UKBA cannot provide any progress report until after 6 months from the application. I know this used to be 8 weeks.

Does anyone know another contact number for the Turkish team in Sheffield or another number for the Sheffield office? I am desperate because I have booked travel in December and quite worried, I wont get my passport back in time.

Can anyone who has applied to Turkish Employed ECAA1 or Turkish Self Employed ECAA2 can post saying when they have applied and whether they are still waiting or when they have had their passports returned?

Many thanks
S

serr

Post by serr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 pm

I have managed to get through to the ECAA Turkish team via an email address i found on a previous letter that came back from UKBA with a previous extension. I had email exchanges with the ECAA Turkish team and on one of them the person- I think accidentally included his signature with his details. I phoned the local Sheffield number and his first question was- 'Where did you get my number?'. He answered my questions, wasn't willing to help any further and he said he will be in touch.

On the email correspondence they asked me to send evidence of urgent request and i sent them my flight details in the post. They dont specify what an exceptional circumstance is and whether my travel arrangement for christmas will count as one. Does anyone know what may be an exceptional circumstance for them to process an application urgently?

Anyway- I still havent got my passport back and in the meantime i had written to my mp who has been very helpful and written to UKBA, which obviously is no guarantee that i will get my passport back on time before December.

Now my question is- if i request my passport back- will i receive it with an extension endorsed or is there a chance that i get it back without which is useless for me and means that I cannot come back to the UK if i travelled?

thanks
S

serr

Post by serr » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Another question: Assuming that I have my passport back with leave on time for early december but not the BRP. Would i have any problems travelling back to the UK from India without my BRP but just with my passport endorsed with leave?

Do the airline staff need to see your BRP as well as your passport or does this depend where you are travelling back from?

Has anyone travelled back to the UK without their BRP but just with their passport and if so where did you travel back from?

Thanks
S

Turkish Worker ECAA 1
Newly Registered

ECAA First Notification letter

Post by Turkish Worker ECAA 1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am

Hi all,

I have sent my document almost 1.5 months ago and i haven't received any notification letter yet. When i called them, they don't put me through. They only say that i need to track my post on royal mail website. It seems that it was delivered. I also sent them a letter that i haven't received any notification letter. I will have to move out and change my address details, however i need a reference number to be able to do this online. I would be grateful, if you could advise me what to do in this case.

Ozge

dasjoker

Re: ECAA First Notification letter

Post by dasjoker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:50 am

Turkish Worker ECAA 1 wrote:Hi all,

I have sent my document almost 1.5 months ago and i haven't received any notification letter yet. When i called them, they don't put me through. They only say that i need to track my post on royal mail website. It seems that it was delivered. I also sent them a letter that i haven't received any notification letter. I will have to move out and change my address details, however i need a reference number to be able to do this online. I would be grateful, if you could advise me what to do in this case.

Ozge
I didn't get it, did they send you the passport or not? Also if they haven't I would suggest to write a cover letter the where you send your passport saying that you changed your address and if they could send your passport to your new address.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Sheffield Turkish Team Contact Number and ECAA1 timeline

Post by ITGraduate » Thu May 09, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Serr,

Please can you share the email address and contact number to call sheffield turkish team

Its been 2 months and still waiting for my wifes passport. Biometric done 5 weeks ago

Thanks very much

[quote="serr"]Hi

I have applied for an extension under ECAA1- Turkish Employed on 20/08/2012 received letter inviting for biometrics in the post office around 10 days after, gone and did the biometrics and still waiting. My previous extensions under the same ECAA1 Turkish Employed 1 year and 3 years ago has not taken more than 3 weeks. It has now been 2 and half months and still nothing.

Does anyone know if the Turkish team has been abolished or taken its share of cuts resulting in this wait? or is there another reason? The contact number on the application 08706067766 is not being answered and goes straight to answer machine and it says UKBA cannot provide any progress report until after 6 months from the application. I know this used to be 8 weeks.

Does anyone know another contact number for the Turkish team in Sheffield or another number for the Sheffield office? I am desperate because I have booked travel in December and quite worried, I wont get my passport back in time.

Can anyone who has applied to Turkish Employed ECAA1 or Turkish Self Employed ECAA2 can post saying when they have applied and whether they are still waiting or when they have had their passports returned?

Many thanks
S[/quote]