ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP holder
Newly Registered

HSMP questions

Post by HSMP holder » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:33 pm

I along with my unmarried partner have just received EC for HSMP. It's from Apr 07 to Apr 09. Now I have several questions:

1. May I engage in both full time employment and personal business in order to claim "past earnings" points during extension? The new guide only states either one, but does not expressly state that I may engage in 'the combination of both' as in the old guides.

2. It seems that the 2 year period starts from the EC date, am I right? So I cannot defer going to UK (say June/July) if I have to accumulate 5 years continuous stay in the UK when I apply Indefinite leave?

3. Can anyone comment on the diffculty in getting a job in the UK? I am in the legal profession and is working in the US.

Thanks for any advice.

Shtatien
Newly Registered

HSMP Questions

Post by Shtatien » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Pehaps you should read this message from one of the members of HSMPForum 2006 group as eye opener for the injustice & Trap this HSMP programme is meant to be in uk at the moment.

Preethyann:

It is perhaps your good luck that you still have a bridge intact to travel back to your home and perhaps try to rebuild your "home" once more. I am sure my HSMP friends will appreciate your gesture of goodwill to extend your assistnce and support for the HSMP cause.

With the concurrance of HSMP leaders, I have a request to make to you. We all by now have come to realise that due to improper handling of the HSMP scheme, the fate of 50,000 families are in sheer jeopardy. There is just one way by which we can be saved - if the HO decides to revoke the changed conditionalities of the HSMP renewals. We hope that they will soon come to realise about the difficulties their decision has caused to us. And a decision will be taken by them in our favour.

Until that is done, the fate of the HSMP families will remain grave. Now we have a duty to the skilled people in our part of the world who, being simple and having a crave for prosperity and advancement of life, may be tempted to be hooked by this programme and may still be planning to come here. THEY MUST BE INFORMED OF THE LETHAL MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THE HSMP CAPSULE. They must be careful before consuming it.

I hope our FORUM leaders will give clearnce so that people like Preethyann can take initiave in transmitting this message to our poor, simple people. They must think properly before they decide to avail of the HSMP scheme. If possible they should explore other options - in Canada, Australia or New Zealand. In a globalised world, skilled people have various options to choosefrom, and they should by all means avoid coutries/people who are not able to keep their commitment.

Naieve Uddin

I am an HSMP hOLDER STILL STRUGLING TO SORT OUT THE RETROSPECTIVE RULE evolving since Nov 2006.

You can log in to the HSMP2006 forum for more details
SHTATIEN

Rich ZA

Post by Rich ZA » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:56 am

Hi HSMP Holder,

Firstly, if you haven’t been reading these forums regularly you may be unaware that there are two schools of thought doing the rounds currently. One regards the new rules as an evil conspiracy of the UK government, and the other feels that the revised rules are well considered and add value to the HSMP. Both perspectives have their passionate supporters, but bear this in mind when you read replies to your questions.

In terms of your questions, as far as I am aware, so long as you pay tax on all income, it does not matter from how many jobs you may have to ensure sufficient income to meet the income requirements for FLR.

I would suggest your best option would be to defer your application for the EC as long as possible (think you have 6 months from awarding HSMP), so you get in country soon after EC is awarded.

No idea on prospects within the legal profession though...

jagacharaja

Re: HSMP questions

Post by jagacharaja » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:56 pm

HSMP holder wrote:I along with my unmarried partner have just received EC for HSMP. It's from Apr 07 to Apr 09.
Congrats for your HSMP and the subsequent EC.

Can anybody enlighten me on how the EC was issued beginning Apr '07 when it's just Jan '07 right now? How does this work? I know we have six months from getting the HSMP approval letter to apply for EC, but I haven't come across anything like this.

Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

HSMP holder
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP holder » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:10 am

Thanks for the replies.

I have read the FLR form and think that the period of EC is actually the date of your leave to stay in the UK under HSMP.

HSMP approval letter valids for 6 months from the date of issue. Within that 6 months, you may apply for an EC. THe start dat of the EC, however, is what you wrote on the EC application form. For me, my letter valids from Oct 06 and I applied the EC in Jan 07. On the application form, I stated 1Apr07. That's why I have the EC starting from 01 Apr 07. It's just a multi-entry Visa having a valid date from Apr 07 to Apr 09. I applied through their online system in the US and it took 3 business days for me to get back my passport via Fedex.

What I concern most at the time being is how difficult for me to get a job in my profession.

For retrospective changes, I have the advantage of knowing their change before coming to the UK. So I would carefully consider the prospect or risk of getting extension and indefinite leave to remain and I will make the decision as to whether or not to come to UK eventually.

I myself is a recent graduate of English law. I know that retrospective enactment is unfair and is indeed subject to judicial review under UK public law. So if a decent legal action can be brought before judges, I belive that there is a resonable to decent chance of success.

The problem, however, is that the legal action takes time and the court may not in anyway grant extension/further leave/indefinite leave on behalf of the Home Office, which has the executive function of controlling immigrants. Ultimately, it is difficult to predict what remedy the court would grant, eventhough the claimants win. I STRONGLY OPPOSE restrospective legislation one must realise the legal implication of this issue. I myself is still struggling because the Home Office has lost all their credibility.

So, God bless me...

president
Newly Registered

Can anybody post a copy of the covering letter for HSMP

Post by president » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi all,

Can anybody please post a copy of the covering letter for applying for HSMP. I have looked on the net for covering letter samples but could not find any.

PLEASE post a copy of the covering letter.

Thanks,
President.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:17 pm

Rich ZA wrote:
Firstly, if you haven’t been reading these forums regularly you may be unaware that there are two schools of thought doing the rounds currently. One regards the new rules as an evil conspiracy of the UK government, and the other feels that the revised rules are well considered and add value to the HSMP. Both perspectives have their passionate supporters, but bear this in mind when you read replies to your questions.
Really funny RichZa.

Yes zealots on both sides, the HO informants like yourself, and the evil conspirocists of which we have a very good example here.

Good reading - LondonBlonde

Rich ZA

Post by Rich ZA » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:53 am

My humble apologies LondenBlonde, I forgot I was only permitted echo the chosen manifesto rather than having my own personal perspective.

I hereby submit this revised wording for your approval....
"…two schools of thought, the persecuted and exploited masses or the malicious collaborators of the evil regime".

Remember that every issue can have more than one perspective, and a democracy allows both sides to voice their opinion. I know lots of people don’t agree with me but reserve my right to state an opinion.

I really don’t want to have to get into a drawn out debate on the issue, I have recognise that some people are negatively affected by the rule changes but, while acknowledging and sympathising with their unfortunate situation, reserve my right to have a different opinion on the matter and refuse to simply bow to your viewpoint simply because you don’t agree with me.

This discussion could go on all month, so let’s just agree that we have different perspectives and leave it at that.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:19 am

Rich Za - you've completely misunderstood. I was very much interested in your perspective, and thought your wording was somewhat respectfull of the previous posts.

No need to bow to me, flatering as it may be - we are all in this together, like it or not so much as we see above.

LondonBlonde

HSMP holder
Newly Registered

HSMP QUESTIONS

Post by HSMP holder » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:21 pm

To president:
The covering letter should be written with respect to your specific circumstance so I don't think the letter for others would be helpful to you. Moreover, I advise you don't focus too much on the covering letter because the MOST important factors are how many points you can get. So do pay particular attention to the evidence you are going to provide. Honestly, when I made my application, they didn't even read (or even open or unwrapped) most of my documents. Provided you have 75 points with their required evidence, it would be really fine.