ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT Tier 2 Application Help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saruche
Newly Registered

URGENT Tier 2 Application Help

Post by saruche » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi All,

I am switiching from Tier 1 Post Study Work t Tier 2 General.
I have all the required documents inclind CoS and currently I am fiiling the online appliaction.

There is one question which In need to answer. The question is:

Are you applying under the Post Study Work provisions within Tier 2? *

Should I answer the above question yes or no?

Thanks and regards

saruche

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT Tier 2 Application Help

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:57 pm

saruche wrote:Hi All,

I am switiching from Tier 1 Post Study Work t Tier 2 General.
I have all the required documents inclind CoS and currently I am fiiling the online appliaction.

There is one question which In need to answer. The question is:

Are you applying under the Post Study Work provisions within Tier 2? *

Should I answer the above question yes or no?

Thanks and regards

saruche
Yes

saruche
Newly Registered

Post by saruche » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks David for the reply.

May I ask why you think its yes?

The reason I am asking this is because I am really confused about this question. I called UKBA today first person I spoke to said YES. I though let me reconfirm and I called again after a few mnutes. Some one else spoke to me this time and he said NO... Really confused..

Thanks for your help.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:32 pm

saruche wrote:Thanks David for the reply.

May I ask why you think its yes?

The reason I am asking this is because I am really confused about this question. I called UKBA today first person I spoke to said YES. I though let me reconfirm and I called again after a few mnutes. Some one else spoke to me this time and he said NO... Really confused..

Thanks for your help.
because tier 1 post study work visa is post study work provisions

saruche
Newly Registered

Post by saruche » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 pm

so since I am switching from Tier 1 Post Study Work to Tier 2 General I fall under the Post Study Work Provisions?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 pm

saruche wrote:so since I am switching from Tier 1 Post Study Work to Tier 2 General I fall under the Post Study Work Provisions?
you are correct

saruche
Newly Registered

Post by saruche » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 pm

thanks David

You are a star!!

Will submit my application tomorrow. UKBA online application system is down today.

pafuchiangore
BANNED

Post by pafuchiangore » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:12 am

I called UKBA today first person I spoke to said YES.Image

rajuria
Newly Registered

Post by rajuria » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 am

Hi All

I am on Tier 1 Post Study Visa. My wife is dependent on me. My wife has got a sponsorship. We want to switch to Tier 2 General. She will be the main applicant and I will be her dependent. Can you please confirm:-

1-Can she switch from post Study to Tier 2 General in the UK.
2-Do I have to go to my country of origin (India) to apply for entry clearance.

I have gone through Tier 2 main applicant form and guidance notes. In the switching section it details all the categories where you are eligible to switch into Tier 2. However nothing is mentioned about going back to country of origin.

I have also read New PBS Dependent Form and guidance notes throughly. It also does not detail anything about going back to country of origin.

I have called UKBA 3 times and each time I have got a different answer. I am really confused.

Any help please?

Thanks
Raj

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:32 pm

saruche
Newly Registered

Post by saruche » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Sorry David, another question.
Now that I have selected YES to that question it is now asking me to include:

Payslips covering the full specified period from your sponsor

What is the full specified period?

Thanks for your help
david1955 wrote:
saruche wrote:so since I am switching from Tier 1 Post Study Work to Tier 2 General I fall under the Post Study Work Provisions?
you are correct

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 pm

saruche wrote:Sorry David, another question.

Thanks for your help
david1955 wrote:
you are correct
One of the condition for switching from tier 1 psw visa to tier 2 general visa is that the employee should be working for the employer for last 6 months in the same post.

So as you are switching from tier 1 psw visa to tier 2 general , your full specified period will be 6 months.

I hope this helps your query

saruche
Newly Registered

Post by saruche » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Do I need to be working in the same post for 6 months? My employer checked with home office and they said that rule has now changed and it is not necessary.

On my Tier 1 PSW I my job title was Research Fellows and now its Lecturer.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:33 pm

saruche wrote: My employer checked with home office and they said that rule has now changed and it is not necessary.
That's correct, so no need to have been working for six months.

saruche
Newly Registered

Post by saruche » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Thank you David and Lucapooka.

Submitted my application yesterday and posted my documents today.

:D

ramcp14
Newly Registered

Post by ramcp14 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi saruche,
I am in the process of switching my Visa from PSW to Tier 2. I need some advice. Can you droop your phone number or Email id. So that i can get info please?

REgards,
Ram

mishtiaq
Newly Registered

Post by mishtiaq » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:26 am

Hi David & Saruche,

Could you please help me i am also in a same situation switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

1- Is that condition still valid employee switching from psw to tier 2 should be working for the employer for six months?
2- If yes then i have to show Payslips covering the full specified period from your sponsor ?
3- RLMT is not required if switching from psw to tier 2 but now bit confused with this 6 months requirement with the employer

Your help would be highly aprpeciated

Thanks

Regards,
Sohaib

david1955 wrote:

Thanks for your help
david1955 wrote:
you are correct
One of the condition for switching from tier 1 psw visa to tier 2 general visa is that the employee should be working for the employer for last 6 months in the same post.

So as you are switching from tier 1 psw visa to tier 2 general , your full specified period will be 6 months.

mishtiaq
Newly Registered

Post by mishtiaq » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:12 am

Hi David & Saruche,

Could you please help me i am also in a same situation switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

1- Is that condition still valid employee switching from psw to tier 2 should be working for the employer for six months?
2- If yes then i have to show Payslips covering the full specified period from your sponsor ?
3- RLMT is not required if switching from psw to tier 2 but now bit confused with this 6 months requirement with the employer

Thanks

Regards,
Sohaib
mishtiaq wrote:Hi David & Saruche,

Thanks

Regards,
Sohaib

david1955 wrote:

Thanks for your help
david1955 wrote:
you are correct

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 am

mishtiaq wrote:1- Is that condition still valid employee switching from psw to tier 2 should be working for the employer for six months?
1. no
2. n/a, payslips not required
3. RLMT not required

sadietaber
Newly Registered

Post by sadietaber » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 am

Hello,

I recently applied to Tier 2 General from Tier 4 student, and I provided evidence with my degree certificate that I am exempt from the labour market test and also that my CoS covers my maintenance. But I am worried now that I answered the question "Are you applying under Post Study work provisions" incorrectly. I said no, as I thought that it implied switching from Tier 1 post study work visa to Tier 2, but now I am thinking that I should have said yes, because by saying yes it means I am exempt from the labour market test. Can anyone help me? Did I provide enough evidence that I actually am exempt even though I answered the question "no"? I am worried my application will be rejected.

Also, I have noticed that this question was asked on the online form, but not on the paper form. Please help I am very freaked out about this..

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 am

If you look at the paper form you will see that at L4 they ask what your current leave is. The difference between answering T1 PSW or T4 migrant is that if you choose the latter you have to go to L5-L8 where they ask for confirmation that you have a degree (and you have to submit your original degree certificate with your documents).

In the online process did you come across a question about your degree?

The RLMT is not an issue as the exemption applies to both T1 PSW and T4

sadietaber
Newly Registered

Post by sadietaber » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 am

Hey manci, thank you for you reply. One of the first questions the form did ask me was what my current granted leave was, and I answered Tier 4, and it asked me to provide my degree certificate proving I just completed my programme of study. I have done all of these things, but I have still answered the post study provisions question as no. Since I have shown I am currently here on Tier 4 switching to Tier 2 by showing my degree and stating my current immigration status is Tier 4, is that enough for them to know that I am exempt from the labour market test?

Thank you very much

sadietaber
Newly Registered

Post by sadietaber » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Has anyone else had this issue? I am not sure whether I need to call up the Home Office to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Re:

Post by oxana777 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:16 pm

saruche wrote:Thank you David and Lucapooka.

Submitted my application yesterday and posted my documents today.

:D
Good luck with application!! I will be submitting mine soon hopefully and also switching from psw to t2. Are you sending it by post? Or will u go there personally? Please let me know the timescales how long it took you to get visa. Thanks