ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Job Help Towards Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K451m
Newly Registered

New Job Help Towards Spouse Visa

Post by K451m » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi need help for a friend thought this would be a good place to start:

He is looking to apply for spouse visa for his wife from pakistan

he has a job which he has had for two years he was recently moved to £18000 salary and has six months wage slips showing the £18000 salary and employer letter confirming his employment

as you can see he is £600 short

to cover the short fall he has a second job which he has for 6 months totaling at £3,000

so he plans to submit 6 months of pay slips for both jobs and 6 months worth of bank statements showing the money going in corresponding to the wage slips

both employer letters

he has recently put the £17,500 savings in his account but they are under six months so he can use them but will submit a bank statemnt showing them with his applivation just to make it more in his favour

can anyone see any problem with this

he seems to think he is under category b so he needs 12 months proof which if he does provide is this right please advise and help

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:06 am

The requirement is to have an annual salary of 18.6 and to have been in receipt of that level of income for the previous six months.

stuart911
Newly Registered

Post by stuart911 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 am

Yes but the form doesn't actually have any provision for more than 1 salaried employment. This worries me too.

I fully understand that if you don't meet the 18600 threshold your application will be rejected but just because you meet it doesn't mean an automatic approval either. WE don't actually know what makes them decide on one application and reject another. Maybe in practice they expect your salary to come from one job, not 2 or more. Has anyone here had actual experience of a successful application with more than 1 salaried job?

OK, editing this to say, don't answer here as I'm really going off-topic. I'll open a new topic
Last edited by stuart911 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K451m
Newly Registered

Post by K451m » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 am

ok i have been looking at the forms and in the financial appendix it seems when you have two jobs what you are supposed to do is :

following this example lets say you have one job at £18000 and have been employed for the last six months you would fill in the form under category a as normal then when you get to 3.21 if you read the box above it says if you have other employment provide its detial and evidence in part 5 of the application

so you would then go to part 5 which is additonal information section and then detial your second job and as evidence provide your wage slips and bank statements for the period which again would be a minimum of 6 motnhs rather than detialing 12 months prior to application.

This seems to be my understanding can other members looks at this and tell me if this right

stuart911
Newly Registered

Post by stuart911 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 am

I think you're right. I missed this.

'If your sponsor has or had more than one previous/other job, you must provide full details for each job held at Part 5. You
must also submit the specified evidence for each job detailed with your application'

Also 3.14 to 3.20 talks about previous/other employment and use the past tense 'was/had' but the notes say

'3.17 On what date did your sponsor finish this employment?
Please tell us in DD/MM/YYYY format the date that your sponsor
finished their previous/other employment. Leave blank if your
sponsor is still in this employment'

So I think you've solved it k451m. Being the cautious type I'd love to know if anyone has been successful using 2 jobs?