ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partners - please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partners - please help

Post by Tuli666 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:36 pm

Hi Guys,
I am a 27 year old Israeli. I live with partner who is German and we've been together for 5.5 years. We are leaving together for 5 in the UK. In May, we applied for an indefinate leave to remain for me (after 2 years of 'probationary' period when I had a full working visa). I am STILL waiting for my passport and visa and everytime I call the HO they tell me the same answere (under consideration). I do not understant what is the problem and I feel really down as my partner travels a lot and I usually go with him and for the last 8 month i stay on my own so much. I was also planning to leave my job after a lot of problems there but no employer will take someone with an uncertain future. I have to find a way to figure this out.
Thank You

Tuli

JamesC

More Info

Post by JamesC » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Can you give me more details such as;

When you entered?

Did you get entry clearance?

Have you overstayed?

When did your visa run out and when did you apply?

J

Tuli666
Newly Registered

answers

Post by Tuli666 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:58 pm

Thank you for checking on me.
I arrived in the UK in March 2001 as a tourist (I was allowed to stay for 6 months). After I met my boyfriend 3 months later I left the ckountry and then canme back as a tourist again. I stayed for a couple of months and then left again. I came back as a student in Jan 2002 and studied for almost three years. In April 2004 I applied for an unmarried partners visa and got the 2 years (I got the documents and visa back in 8/2004). The 2 years were about to expire in 6/2006 and I applyed for the Indefinate leave to remain in 5/2006. I got a reciept letter from the HO after a few days. I never overstayed here...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: answers

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Tuli666 wrote:Thank you for checking on me.
I arrived in the UK in March 2001 as a tourist (I was allowed to stay for 6 months). After I met my boyfriend 3 months later I left the ckountry and then canme back as a tourist again. I stayed for a couple of months and then left again. I came back as a student in Jan 2002 and studied for almost three years. In April 2004 I applied for an unmarried partners visa and got the 2 years (I got the documents and visa back in 8/2004). The 2 years were about to expire in 6/2006 and I applyed for the Indefinate leave to remain in 5/2006. I got a reciept letter from the HO after a few days. I never overstayed here...
Does your partner have ILR/BC? I know he's German and doesn't need it to live here but I think he needs it to be the other half of a UK UPV.

I'm probably wrong here tho. Should this have been a EEA Family Permit thing and not a UPV?

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi

My partner got his Uk residency in 2/2004. That is even before we were granted my first two years.

Thank you.

Any advice will be welcome.

JamesC

Enf

Post by JamesC » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:14 am

If you submitted your application before your 2 years expired, you may continue to take exployment pending the result on that appllication.

I can only think that there are some outstanding security checks going on with your application, for you or your husband. Sounds like enforecement are dealing with your case. Again, it's hard to know why.

Perhaps, in this instance, you could contact your MP and ask them to make enquiries.

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Is this normal?

Post by Tuli666 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:53 am

Does anyone know if this kind of waiting time is normal? I've been checking topics on the forum but couldn't see any people with the same circumstances as me.
Is there a time limit? should I get a lawyer?

JamesC

Go to your MP

Post by JamesC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:57 am

I would go to your MP, they may be able to give you some advice and there are dedicated Hotlines for them to contact.

Failing that, just sit tight, a solicitor would be able to do nothing it seems in this instance.

J

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 am

Hi

I wrote to the MP on Monday. Does anyone knows what happens next? Is anyone in the same situation? Do you know if there is a law for the time limit? (I saw something in another topic mentioning 6 months? not sure if its the same thing)

Thank You

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:12 pm

Presumably if they take it on, they will ring thei Hotline or write in to the HO.

This will thne be assesed by a minsterial unit as to who should answer it. If there is a problem, the Ministerial Drafter will look into reolving this and inform the MP.

If you have overstyaed or are being dealt with by enforcement, this could be some months before you receive a reply.

Otherwise, it would be about 3-4 weeks.

J

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 am

Is anyone experiencing such long waiting time as well?

Post by 4444 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 am

hie JamesC

i am also experiencing a long delay.i applied for a spouse visa flr(M) outside the rules 2.8years ago.i was a failed asylum seeker but was given temporary addmission cause my country (zimbabwe) was considered unsafe at the time. a couple of months back i complained to the complains unit and got a reply that they were sorry for the delay and they will process my appl asap.so in jan this year my husband (british citizen) complained to the our MP and she phoned and was told that my file was transferred to the case-working department on the 10-01-07 and the decision was going to be made soon. so do you have any idea how soon it will be cause i phoned at the home office today and they said it is not complete yet (awaiting further consideration). i could not understand it cause i thought when my application was transferred they had finished their consideration.please help

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:04 pm

Do you know if its any use contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau?

Thanx

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:48 pm

If it is with a case-working section, it does not necessarily mean that it is going to be soon.

If it is with a case-worker, then it may be soon but you'll have to ask your MP to ring and see.

Unfortunatley, there is very little anyone can say in regards to time-scales.

A letter from the Cit Bureau will be of no use either i'm afraid.

J

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:20 pm

I feel so down about this....I hate not being able to do anything...

Thanks for your help

:cry:

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:14 pm

I got a letter from my MP today asking for more details...Something is happening then!
:D

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi

I called the HO today and they told me I applyed for the wrong thing... I told her that the HO told me to apply for this (SET (M)) and also that it's a bit late to say that after 8 months since I called so many times before! Then, for the FIRST time ever she actually put me on hold and checked for me. She said to send a fax asking to fast track my application. Not sure why as already sent a letter like that which they recieve...
Really don't know what's happening! just thought I'd let everyone know...

Tal :roll:

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Please please help

Post by Tuli666 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've tried calling a lawyer, HO, law centre, CAB, embassy, and apparently there is NO TIME LIMIT for this application. The kind woman at the law centre said 8.5 months is nothing and there are people phoning with 3 or 4 years.. I got a letter back from the MP saying it will take a minimum of 2 months for a reply... I really don't know what to do.
Anyone? Can John maybe give me an advice?

Thanks

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Post by Tuli666 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 am

Another update:

I got a call from the H O yesterday saying they cannot fasttrack my application (fasttrack???? its been 9 months!) and they cannot give me timescale and there is not time limit for my application.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
going mad! :cry:

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Tuli666 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31 am

Hi Everyone!
I just got a letter from my MP. She copyied me on the letter the HO sent her. so:
My application was MISPLACED the whole time. Now they are going to put it through to the right people....
GOD! I can't believe this whole time.... every time I phoned nobody was really checking. If I didn't write to the MP I could be waiting for years!
Thank you all for this great advice and will keep you poasted.

Tal

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Tuli666 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Guys,
I keep writing here so that other people can see what it can take to go through this. You can also write back if you feel like and any advice is welcoe!
So, I called the HO yesterday to find out what is going to happen now. They did not know what I was talking about... they didnt know about the misallocation situation. I had to READ the letter to them over the phone... It is rediculus! I wrote to my MP again. See if she can help again, she was so helpful last time.

Any ideas from anyone about what happens if an application is misallocated? what is going to be next? how long etc?

Thanx
Tal

Tuli666
Newly Registered

Got It!!1

Post by Tuli666 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:21 am

Hi Everyone!
I am sooo happy! I got it finally! I recieved a letter expalaining that my application passed from department to department (they were not sure what rules applyied to me uk law or european). I think the only reason this issue was resolved is because of the MP. Thank you everyone!
Tal

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:42 am

hello tulip, i'm happy that you finally got a resolution to your case. i'm assuming that you have been granted IlR?