ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa granted...good & bad news...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boboselecta
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa granted...good & bad news...

Post by boboselecta » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:48 am

Hi people,
just wondering if anyone can help me with a bit of a situation.

im a british citizen, just married my chinese wife in china. she got her spouse visa for the uk starting in Feb. which is great news...but...

her job in china has given her a promotion and a pretty good pay-rise this month which has changed our plans slightly, was wondering if she doesn't use her visa now to enter the UK, how would that affect her in re-applying in say 1-2 years? I understand she will have to enter the UK within 3 months from the Feb start date, is this correct?

we are very grateful to get the visa of course but its just that our circumstances have changed and we need to re-think our plans, is the Bristish consulate flexible on matters like this?

thanks in advance.

boboselecta
Newly Registered

?

Post by boboselecta » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 am

anyone?

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:49 am

It is not mandatory to enter the UK within 3 months of the visa, your wife may enter the UK at anytime within the 2 year validity of the visa and if she doesn't, she just has to apply for a new one if she wants to come to the UK after the 2 years have gone by provided you are still married to her.

boboselecta
Newly Registered

Post by boboselecta » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:09 pm

Smit wrote:It is not mandatory to enter the UK within 3 months of the visa, your wife may enter the UK at anytime within the 2 year validity of the visa and if she doesn't, she just has to apply for a new one if she wants to come to the UK after the 2 years have gone by provided you are still married to her.
hey thanks for the info, its just that the immigration office have told me something different. now they say she must enter within 28 days!?
do you speak from experience or do you have a background in immigration law? if i re-apply after 2 years do i have to go through everything again, i.e. provide 6 months bank statements, 6 months payslips etc...?

cheers pal.