ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:16 am

manjith,

pl let us know how it went on..good luck and pl let us know the documents list u have submitted.

can we submit the spouse passport also along with my passport.

and what is the fee for HSMP..for couple..i.e for main applicant and dependent..

thanks,

bodyguard

EC in delhi

Post by bodyguard » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:40 am

Hi !

Okay, so finally I have submitted my papers (mine, my wife and my child) for EC in VFS delhi today. It was straightforward, they didn't ask any questions.

Some useful info:
1. They accepted 45X35 mm photo
2. Only took 1 photo per application
3. Took original marriage certf, orig birth certf of child, and orig hsmp letter
4. The form VAF1 was filled in black in.
5. Earlier I was planning to fill up the online form, but I could not locate the category for HSMP dependants, so I used the physical VAF1 form.
6. Cost per application = 7650 (Visa) + 56 (Draft) + 170 (Postage) + 565 (VFS) = Rs 8441. So for 3 applications, the cost will be Rs 8441 * 3 = Rs 25,323 and like that.
7. The wanted 2 photocopies of passport. One was attached with the application form. And on another photocopy, they affixed a stamp which I have to return to the courier boy after receiving the passport.
8. They said that if everything goes fine, then I should get back the passport in 3 days.
9. Did not say anything about medical.
10. I have not put in medical papers. And I do not have UK job.
11. I gave them only one copy of proofs (for all 3 applications).

Although, I had attached almost all the papers which this forum has recommended (almost all the papers which I had put in at the time of hsmp filing + 3 yr ITR + hotel reservation for 15 days + proof for funds ).

Lets see how it goes.. I hope they do not call for intv..

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:41 am

Hi ,
I am planing to apply for EC . I am from India and got my HSMP approval couple of days back .

I have couple of questions . If some one in the forum answer these questions, it will be helpful to me

1) There is question in VAF1 form "Do you own any assets, for example, property?"

Do we have to show the property in India . Will there be any advantage if we show some property ?

2) There is another question "Please give the full address and telephone number of all the places where you will be staying during your visit, including
hotels."

I am not sure where I will be staying in UK . Do we have to show any Hotel bookings or just Hotel address will be sufficient

last question
3) "How much money is available to you for your stay?" .

so what proof we have to show ? will a Bank statement be sufficient ?

Chakri

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:31 am

chakritsus wrote:Hi ,
I am planing to apply for EC . I am from India and got my HSMP approval couple of days back .

I have couple of questions . If some one in the forum answer these questions, it will be helpful to me

1) There is question in VAF1 form "Do you own any assets, for example, property?"

Do we have to show the property in India . Will there be any advantage if we show some property ?

2) There is another question "Please give the full address and telephone number of all the places where you will be staying during your visit, including
hotels."

I am not sure where I will be staying in UK . Do we have to show any Hotel bookings or just Hotel address will be sufficient

last question
3) "How much money is available to you for your stay?" .

so what proof we have to show ? will a Bank statement be sufficient ?

Chakri
1) No, not required. Yes, it will have plus points.
2) I filed yesterday and gave only hotel address which I had booked.
3) You can show the bank statements, or try getting a letter/certificate from the bank which mentions the final amount of money in your account(s).

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:21 am

Do we get the same status message on VFS website until passport reach us from BHC?:

"Application has been forwarded to the British High Commission."

bodyguard

Post by bodyguard » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:14 am

no, the message gets updated when they dispatch it (and before you receive it) to something like - "passport returned to applicant. case closed", but i don't remember exactly.. this is probably the kind of message when the visa is successful.

blueteam

Coming to India

Post by blueteam » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:22 am

Hello Guyz...

I Just recvd my HSMP approval ....i am in UK right now on the student Visa ....i am coming to india on 2nd feb...booked ticket before applying for HSMP...since i am coming to India...i want to apply for EC in India itself ...Does anybody know what documents do i need to provide?

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:22 am

bodyguard,
i have couple of questions.
- do we need to submit our resume and previous employers relieving / appointment letters along with the VAF1 application form
- for spouse, do we need seperate VAF1 form
- what do we write for te section 1..visitor/family visitor/eea etc. and year as 6 months / 2yrs.etc and below that there iw returning resi/wp holder etc. what needs to be filled in there
- for section 4.. i went to UK before on WP for 2 yrs. and of that 6 months was overstay becos of failure in extention of WP(which was initially given for 16 months). do i need to mention 4.1 4.2, 4.3 etc.and 4.12. this is really crutial for me. does SECTION 4 implies only for previous HSMP travel or any kind of travel. i.e WP.
- do i need to mention my overstay under section 4 (4.12).

pl advise. this is the place where am stuck. I am planning to apply for EC in 10 days at hyderabad

thanks

bodyguard

Post by bodyguard » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:32 am

Q1. do we need to submit our resume and previous employers relieving / appointment letters along with the VAF1 application form
A1. its not mandatory, but as per other members advice, i had submitted it.

Q2. for spouse, do we need seperate VAF1 form
A2. yes

Q3. what do we write for te section 1..visitor/family visitor/eea etc. and year as 6 months / 2yrs.etc and below that there iw returning resi/wp holder etc. what needs to be filled in there
A3.
a. For 1, write "HSMP" in category "Other" for yourself. and for ur spouse, tick on "dependant of long stay visa/wp holder"
b. For duration of visa: its 2 yrs
c. don;t have the form with me right now, will check later and let u know. but if some parts of the form are not clear, then the VFS people will complete it themselves or help u to complete it. they are very helpful people..

Q4. for section 4.. i went to UK before on WP for 2 yrs. and of that 6 months was overstay becos of failure in extention of WP(which was initially given for 16 months). do i need to mention 4.1 4.2, 4.3 etc.and 4.12. this is really crutial for me. does SECTION 4 implies only for previous HSMP travel or any kind of travel. i.e WP.
A4. I am not sure. I think best would be to ask VFS people.

Q5. do i need to mention my overstay under section 4 (4.12).
A5. I am not sure. I think best would be to ask VFS people, or senior members of the group..

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:53 am

Is 3 year Income Tax Returns a must for EC ?

I have only one which I submitted for HSMP . Can I submit the same for EC also ?

Chakri

bodyguard

ITR for 1 year

Post by bodyguard » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:43 am

Hi,

I am not sure, but if your job exp is less than 2 yrs, then you will have only 1 yr ITR and that should be okay.. Normally, the Visa people want to see your earning and capacity and savings so that you are not on public funds in UK..
Stop worrying, complete your papers, and go to VFS office and ask them all your queries. They have a separate counter just for enquiries.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:34 pm

I filed for EC from Bangalore and waiting for the result now. No spouse no children.

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi hsmp28122006,

Please give me Bangalore address for EC....

Thanks
Deepak

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:34 pm

hi hsmp28...

could u pl tell us what documents u submitted.

can we ask any queries, if we have, to the vfs people. will they clarify on how to fill the form

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:35 am

I submitted all the documents which I had submitted at the time of HSMP.

Plus, I submitted following:

- 50x50 foto on white background
- A letter from SBI, my bank stating total balance in my account
- Hotel booking receipt from booking.com for 15 days
- Passport fotocopy
- Cover letter

VFS ppl will help you to decide what to submit. You can ask any Q to them, they wll help you.

Their address: Prestige Centre Point, Cunnigham Road LVL. Follow cunnighum road from Junction of Infantry road and cunnighum road. Go 200 mtrs, keep on checking on right side (road is one way). You will find Pizza corner, go to that building 1st floor. You will see VFS board - or ask anybody on the road itself, ppl will guide you.

Hope this helps.

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:45 am

Thanks hsmp28122006

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:58 am

hsmp28122006 wrote:I submitted all the documents which I had submitted at the time of HSMP.

- Passport fotocopy
- Cover letter

Hope this helps.
Well do you mean to say the exact set of Original documents what ever was submitted for HSMP needs to be given here as well.

And then do they keep all the documents or only the copies of the same.

And if they keep the originals then how do we collect it back from them, can we collect it personally or do they post it just like the HSMP team ?

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi guys,

Update on my EC....

VFS contacted me today and have given me documents to undergo a medical exam. Interestingly, I have got all my original documents back except my HSMP approval letter and the passport. The letter I got says, I will get the passport 12 working days after my medical exam.

Lets see how things go

:)

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:21 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:
hsmp28122006 wrote:I submitted all the documents which I had submitted at the time of HSMP.

- Passport fotocopy
- Cover letter

Hope this helps.
Well do you mean to say the exact set of Original documents what ever was submitted for HSMP needs to be given here as well.

And then do they keep all the documents or only the copies of the same.

And if they keep the originals then how do we collect it back from them, can we collect it personally or do they post it just like the HSMP team ?
VFS said: You need to give same set of documents through which you claimed your HSMP. So, I gave all ORIGINAL documents, except my birth certificate. I do not know whether there was a need of this.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:23 pm

hsmp.applicant2007 wrote:Hi guys,

Update on my EC....

VFS contacted me today and have given me documents to undergo a medical exam. Interestingly, I have got all my original documents back except my HSMP approval letter and the passport. The letter I got says, I will get the passport 12 working days after my medical exam.

Lets see how things go

:)
I applied on 29th (monday). Status is updated on vfs website just now: "The passport has been couriered to the applicant. Case closed."

Which courier service do they use? How much time does it take to recv the docs/passport after the above msg?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:26 pm

Contact info for all VFSes in India:

http://vfs-uk.co.in/contactus.aspx

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:18 am

Hi Guys,
Today I submitted my visa application in Hyderabad.

I submitted
i)HSMP letter
ii)all docs which I submitted for HSMP
iii) Property docs
iv) financial statement from Bank
v) Marriage certificate
vi) my spouse's docs

Let us see how it works out..

Interestingly VFS guy did not ask any docs , whatever I submitted he just took it..

Chakri

bodyguard

Post by bodyguard » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:40 am

I applied on 29th (monday). Status is updated on vfs website just now: "The passport has been couriered to the applicant. Case closed."

Which courier service do they use? How much time does it take to recv the docs/passport after the above msg?
In my case, they used blue dart. in less than 24 hrs after getting the status, u shud have the passport in ur hands..

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:06 am

Hi chakritsus

best of luck

can u gimme ur phone number.
am also from hyd ad got hsmp approved

lets discuss if u gimme ur phone number. gimme private message

thanks,

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:56 am

chakritsus wrote:Hi Guys,
Today I submitted my visa application in Hyderabad.

I submitted
i)HSMP letter
ii)all docs which I submitted for HSMP
iii) Property docs
iv) financial statement from Bank
v) Marriage certificate
vi) my spouse's docs

Let us see how it works out..

Interestingly VFS guy did not ask any docs , whatever I submitted he just took it..

Chakri
Yes there is no specific requirement of document for EC. All you have to convince EC officer to give you visa. and same is also written on there website.

So my suggestion is to avoid sending irrelevent documents. So i dont thing you have to send all document which you have submitted to Home office for HSMP approval. becos that cause Unnecessary verification. which can delay your application. and lot of other questions.