ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kid born in UK currently residing in India-Section 1(3)???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajakumar1979
Newly Registered

Kid born in UK currently residing in India-Section 1(3)???

Post by rajakumar1979 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and i thank very much in advance for those who are taking effort to answer my query's

Background
Myself, my spouse and my son(5 yrs) are in UK (Indian passport holders)- ILR was granted on Nov 2012. (Prior to ILR permit i was holding Tier-1 general visa and my spouse and son were holding Tier-1 dependent visa)

My little girl baby was born in UK on Aug 2011 and holds Indian passport issued by Indian high commission, London on Nov 2011.

We all had to travel to India on a short notice during March 2012 and I was unable to apply for tier-1 dependent visa for her in that short time period.

Also for some personal reason I had to leave her with my parents in India. She has been living in India for almost 9 months and now we are planning to bring her back into UK.

I hope she is eligible for British citizenship under section 1(3) and must complete form MN1.

My query's

Does any one of the parents must be living with my daughter in India while making this this application? if yes, do they need to send their original passport along with the application.

Is there any chance for us to make this application from UK?

Any other additional information or link detailing similar situation would be of great use.
Regards,
Raja

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Raja,

You can apply for MN-1 from UK only for your baby girl and i am sure there is no need of physical presence of your baby girl in UK.

Please apply by NCS facility and make sure your baby girl's passport is posted to you from india.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 66-nat-add

IT MEANS FOR INDIANS CAN POST OUR PASSPORTS ANY TIME AND IT SHOULD NOT BE ANY PROBLEM

rajakumar1979
Newly Registered

Post by rajakumar1979 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:24 pm

vij_sp_1980 wrote:Hi Raja,

You can apply for MN-1 from UK only for your baby girl and i am sure there is no need of physical presence of your baby girl in UK.

Please apply by NCS facility and make sure your baby girl's passport is posted to you from india.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 66-nat-add

IT MEANS FOR INDIANS CAN POST OUR PASSPORTS ANY TIME AND IT SHOULD NOT BE ANY PROBLEM
Thanks very much for your reply, Vij_SP.

I am not sure whether the Indian passport could be sent by post or courier to UK. Is there anybody who can shed some light on this ?

Otherwise applying Form MN1 from UK through NCS seems straight forward. How much time do they take for this process?
Regards,
Raja

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

In general it will take 2-3 months.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 pm

[quote="rajakumar1979"]I am not sure whether the Indian passport could be sent by post or courier to UK. /quote]No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajakumar1979
Newly Registered

Post by rajakumar1979 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 am

sushdmehta wrote:
rajakumar1979 wrote:I am not sure whether the Indian passport could be sent by post or courier to UK. /quote]No.
Thanks sushmetha.
Is there an option to process form MN1 from india and can you also please let me know whether one of the parents must be present with my Kid in India while making this application .
Thanks

rajakumar1979
Newly Registered

Post by rajakumar1979 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 am

sushdmehta wrote:
rajakumar1979 wrote:I am not sure whether the Indian passport could be sent by post or courier to UK. /quote]No.
Thanks sushmetha.
Is there an option to process form MN1 from india and can you also please let me know whether one of the parents must be present with my Kid in India while making this application .
Thanks