ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ties ro Home Country? General Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JS28
Member of Standing

Ties ro Home Country? General Visitor Visa

Post by JS28 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can be nice enough to reply to my post as no one seems to care about us people posting about Visitor visa queries.

I am planning on sponsoring my girlfriend to come and visit me for 2 weeks from december 15th-January 3 (Our 3rd anniversary is on the 28th of December) but I am not confident that she will get the visa. She works for a family business which is a funeral thing (selling casket and arranging funerals). She works there as an admin staff.

I am not sure if the home office will think that her job is a strong tie for her to come back.

Since her brother is getting married in Jan the 5th, we are thinking of showing the visa officer the invitation card to show that she will be coming back for the wedding. Is this strong enough to show that she will be coming back?

Also, she has an appointment for a breast surgery in the february. Do you think it's wise to show them this as proof that she will come back for the operation?

Please help me I am so stressed out about this :'( Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Can ANyone please reply!!!