ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Checklist

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krispycreme
Newly Registered

EEA2 Checklist

Post by krispycreme » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Hey there

Firstly, thank you so much to everybody who gave their input in my previous post. I am truly grateful.
Now stage 2 of brain picking :) EEA2
A little background.
Got Married Feb 2008
Came to the UK in June 2009 on EEA Family Permit (Valid for 6 months now expired)
Applying for EEA2
Wife EEA National is a part-time Student (Child development) and part-time self employed (nanny) Registered with HMRC UTR available but no sole trader account.
Reference letters from parents who she works for (is it necessary?)
Me unemployed was made redundant. Was in continuous employment since July2009-April 2012. Now a full-time ACCA student.

Now the documents I will be submitting are as follows:

Both passports
Utility Bills (since we moved once should i submit for both addresses current and previous?)
Tenancy agreement (same question as above)
Bank statements (only mine as her account has been idle for nearly 2 years) although some statements from previous address are healthy
All my payslips and P60 up to April 2012
Some of my wife's payslips and p60s are missing (she was in full-time employment August 2008-November2010 (Can she request Statement of earning or a letter stating she was working there for that period from her employer?)
College Letter for her
I achieved Edexcel Level 7 Diploma between April 2011-2012 (should I throw this in as well?)
We never had CSI should we get one?

Am I missing anything? Any advise or comments would be highly appreciated. Thank you
Last edited by krispycreme on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2 Checklist

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm

krispycreme wrote:Am I missing anything?
Quite a lot. You can't just throw everything you got at the HO and hope they will make something useful out of it.

You should

- Decide on what basis your wife is exercising treaty rights (student, self employed, self sufficient).
- Read the application form and based on the way she exercises treaty rights gather the relevant documents.

At the moment your list just contains random documents that don't prove what is required.

krispycreme
Newly Registered

Post by krispycreme » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Thank you Jambo

Quite a lot :shock: really? Ok now I am panicking. Here I was thinking I have sufficient documents. Yes I have read the guidance notes however i was just presenting what i have and was looking for direction. Since my wife is a student and self employed at the same time practicing her treaty rights in more than 1 way. If i were to ask you after looking at what I have in the list which way would you go?

Self employed or student?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Basically, what you do (payslip, courses etc) is irrelevant. What your wife did 2 years ago (payslips etc) is irrelevant.

If she is a student she needs
- a letter from the college confirming her studies
- a signed declaration by her that she will not become a burden on the state
- CSI for her

If she is self employed, she needs invoices, self assessments, accountant letter etc (check the application form). She doesn't need CSI.

I don't know your full circumstances. Proving self employment is usually more difficult than providing a student status but a student requires CSI.

krispycreme
Newly Registered

Post by krispycreme » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Jambo thats brilliant, exactly what i was looking for.

You know sometimes its better to get an outsiders perspective because all this burden of proof gives me the shivers. I have seen some members here struggling even if everything is in order.

Student Scenario:
No CSI
Bank statements? Is there a certain amount we need to show? We have combined savings of nearly 4.5K all in my account.
declaration letter would be provided.

Self employment Scenario:
No self assessments yet, due April 2013
Accountants letter can be arranged as we dont have one. She makes about 500-600 per month.
Invoices can be sorted
and yes the list goes on and on for self employment.

So taking all this in to account I think I would go with the student scenario. what say you?

Again thank you so much Jambo.