ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application without entry stamp on passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chrischris

ILR application without entry stamp on passport

Post by chrischris » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:46 pm

hi all,

I am planning to apply for the ILR in November this year.

My problem is that I entered the country from Ireland and my passport was not stamped at arrival; and this happened all the times I entered the UK via Heathrow while I was resident in Ireland.

I was issued my visa (HSMP) in July 2007 but I did not enter the UK till November 2007. How do I show that I have been here since 2007? I did not start working till February 2008.

Will this be a problem if I apply next month for the ILR. I'm hoping to do an in-person application.

thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Do you have any documentary evidence to show your presence in the UK around that time? If so, that will be sufficient.

If you cannot find any, you'll have to take a chance and hope that the caseworker is reasonable enough to take the facts into consideration.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chrischris

Post by chrischris » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Do you have any documentary evidence to show your presence in the UK around that time? If so, that will be sufficient.

If you cannot find any, you'll have to take a chance and hope that the caseworker is reasonable enough to take the facts into consideration.
i can lay my hands on my flight ticket and bank statements from that period - i've had the bank account since 2001. i suppose i can go to the mobile phone company to get some statement about the pay-as-you-go number i got, i am still using the same number.

i'm not sure if all that would be enough though.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

chrischris wrote:i can lay my hands on my flight ticket and bank statements from that period
Sufficient, IMHO.

chrischris

Post by chrischris » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:43 am

chrischris wrote:hi everyone,

i've been searching the forum but i still need some clarification on section 11 please.

I came in on a HSMP in 2007 and got two tier 1 extensions (the first extension expired months before i qualified for ILR).

I'm a bit stumped about section 11 on the form. I'm not sure if I should pick 11G (i.e. Highly skilled migrant in the UK for 5 years) or 11L (Tier 1 general migrant).

If i pick 11L, it says I should provide documentation to prove that I met relevant requirements.... what exactly does this mean please? Is this all the documents I submitted for the hsmp-to-tier 1 application?

The second issue I have is. I just discovered I lost one or two of my P60 forms. And my PEO appointment is in two weeks. Will this be a show stopper?

thanks..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm

If you applied for HSMP approval after 07-Nov-06, you are a Tier 1 (General) migrant and have been so since 2007.

paulprd
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application without entry stamp on passport

Post by paulprd » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi ChrisChris,

I have similar background, entry via Dublin, Ireland. Can you please post your experience at the PEO with respect to your ILR.

Also, please see the link below where I have posted my query.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 57058.html

Thanks & Regards,
PaulP