ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married for just over 1 year, but dont need spouse points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indoswiss
Newly Registered

Married for just over 1 year, but dont need spouse points

Post by indoswiss » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:48 am

Hi I have married for just over 1 year but I do not need points from spouse to get eligible. Do we need to show the documents which proves that we are living together for 2 years? Documents showing we are living together now (with the help of papers like joint insurance, tenancy statemet, bank statement) are enough?

Thanks,
Indo Swiss

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:14 am

You do not need to be married to get points under partner's achievement.
If you are living together then it is the same.
You need four different documents of the types described. If you can send them then you might get the points.
If you don't need partner's points you just decide whether you want to send documents or not.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

indoswiss
Newly Registered

thanks, what it I do not send the documents

Post by indoswiss » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:38 am

Hi, thanks a lot for your fast help. What if I do not send the 4 documents which states that we are living together for 2 years. Then I wont get the spouse points right? Or will the appication get rejected?
She has joined me in Swiss from India for just over one year and all the contracts, bank states are in my name. Its difficult to mak 4 documents which have sent to us jointly.
Thanks, Indo Swiss

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:55 am

no need to send those documents if you are not claiming the points for partner. It won't be rejected for this reason, don't worry.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:46 am

You need to send in evidence only if you are claiming points under any category. You do not have to score points in all categories and as long as you have the minimum eligibility points (which you have), you application will be reviewed. All the best.

indoswiss
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by indoswiss » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:46 pm

Danke viel mal!!!
Thanks a lot
Indo Swiss