ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for my child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s_raj11

BC for my child

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 am

Hello Mods & members,

This forum is wonderful and has helped a lot in getting my ILR. Special thanks to mods Vinny & Sushdmehta. Your suggestions helped me a lot. Now getting ahead further need your help. My son was born in this country and wanted to apply for his BC. Could you help me with the procedure and a rough time for the entire process.

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 am

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks Jambo for the information.

Regards

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 am

On the documents required for application it states

Full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP.
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).

That means do i need to send my original BRP card with the application. Also just to comfirm we got married in 2008, so dont need to produce our marriage certificate. Please confirm?

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 am

s_raj11 wrote:That means do i need to send my original BRP card with the application.
You need to prove you now have ILR status. Sending the BRP would probe that. If you don't want to make a postal application, use NCS which will copy your documents and send them on your behalf to the HO. You keep the originals.
Also just to comfirm we got married in 2008, so dont need to produce our marriage certificate. Please confirm?
As it says - certificate only required if child was born before 2006.