ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Absences for British Citizenship

Post by AndyGandhi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Boarders,

I got ILR in Jan 2012. Before ILR, I was assigned abroad, due to company work & total no. of days were 570(100 personal + 470 business).
After getting ILR, due to personal ressons, I returned to native country, 8 months back & still in my native country. Due to my circumstances, I was not able to work, so not working now.
My question, is, whether it is OK, to work in any country outside UK, short term, so that I can return to UK before within 2 yrs, so my ILR remains intact.
Also, whether, does it matter, if I work in my native country or third country other than UK / native country?
I ask above, if there can be any issues to retain ILR/ claiming British Citizenship?At the moment, I do not have any property in UK, nor being paid in UK. Due to divorce, no family in UK as well.
I appreciate the advice from fellow/senior members.
Andy

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm

It doesn't matter what you do abroad. If you return within 2 years, you won't lose ILR. However it will probably mean you will need to live in the UK for 5 years after you return before becoming eligible to apply for naturalisation.

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:57 am

Jambo wrote:It doesn't matter what you do abroad. If you return within 2 years, you won't lose ILR. However it will probably mean you will need to live in the UK for 5 years after you return before becoming eligible to apply for naturalisation.
Hi Jumbo,

Thanks for your reply. Is it not necessary to demonstrate connection with UK, ifI work in my native/any other country?
Andy

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:46 am

No. As long as you return to live in the UK within 2 years.

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Jambo wrote:No. As long as you return to live in the UK within 2 years.
Thank a lot, Sir
Andy