ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Genreal) visa extension if outside UK for 3 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhalok
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Genreal) visa extension if outside UK for 3 years

Post by dhalok » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi,

In 2009, after getting HSMP converted to Tier1G, I moved to USA after marriage and living in USA from past 3 years now. I have Tier1(G) visa valid until Mar13. I want to apply for its extension in Feb13 by going to UK in on my current valid FLR and apply for extension in person at the UKBA home office. I am scoring required 95 points on PBS calculator (because I am working and earing in $).

My question is - Since I am outside the UK for such a long time, am I still eligible to get an extension on Tier1G visa? Or is there a clause which says I cannot be outside UK more than any particular duration while I am on Tier1G visa?
Last edited by dhalok on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gche
Newly Registered

i've the same issue

Post by gche » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:36 am

anyone can advise on this matter for applicant spending most of the time outside UK & intended to renew the Tier 1 General

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 am

You can get your T1 extended using your foriegn earnings - there have been cases on this forum where candidates entered a week or a month before their visa expiry and have got extensions successfully.

You might be asked about your intention to make the UK your permanent home though. Also look at the requirements for getting an ILR - you will need to spend 5 years in the UK before you become eligible for that.

dhalok
Newly Registered

TIG ext app posting by a relative from inside the UK

Post by dhalok » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 am

hsmp1412, Thanks for your answer. I tried to search similar posting but could not find any on this forum.

Can you/someone please direct me to any such case? It will help me increasing my confidence before applying for an extension.

I have another query-
If my relative post my TIG extension application from inside the UK, will it be considered valid? My passport is carrying immigration stamp 'Apr 2009' when I last entered in the UK and Oct 09 when I last left the UK.

Thanks
dhalok

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: TIG ext app posting by a relative from inside the UK

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 am

dhalok wrote:hsmp1412, Thanks for your answer. I tried to search similar posting but could not find any on this forum.

Can you/someone please direct me to any such case? It will help me increasing my confidence before applying for an extension.

I have another query-
If my relative post my TIG extension application from inside the UK, will it be considered valid? My passport is carrying immigration stamp 'Apr 2009' when I last entered in the UK and Oct 09 when I last left the UK.

Thanks
dhalok
you need to be present in the UK to make an application for leave to remain.

Manka10

Re: TIG ext app posting by a relative from inside the UK

Post by Manka10 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 am

dhalok wrote:I have another query-
who will do the biometrics for you ? you need to be in UK to apply for extension
Manka

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Just a question for you: if you haven't been in the UK for 3 years and can't even be bothered to come here to apply for an extension why do you want to make the application at all?

dhalok
Newly Registered

Post by dhalok » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks guys for your quick responses.
Greenie, I want to extend my FLR just so that I have an option to go back to UK if ever I need to, in next 2 yrs.

Can some one please guide me to same topic 'extension if outside UK' on this forum where someone has got successful extension in similar situation as of mine. I'm still looking for it.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 pm

dhalok wrote:Thanks guys for your quick responses.
Greenie, I want to extend my FLR just so that I have an option to go back to UK if ever I need to, in next 2 yrs.

Can some one please guide me to same topic 'extension if outside UK' on this forum where someone has got successful extension in similar situation as of mine. I'm still looking for it.
I personally am not aware of any posts where an applicant has applied for a T1G extension while residing outside the UK, but you are free to search the forum to see whether anyone has attempted to do so. I have however seen applicants return to the UK after a extended period of time away and then successfully apply for further leave to remain as a T1G migrant by meeting the PBS criteria with overseas & or UK earnings (i.e. T1G extension).

According to the current immigration rules, you are not allowed to apply for an extension of leave to remain from outside of the UK. Even if a relative did post your application for you, as has already been mentioned in a previous response here, you would have to be physically present in the UK to submit your biometric details when invited to do so.