ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a house inspection report needed for a family visit visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSS

Is a house inspection report needed for a family visit visa?

Post by MSS » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 pm

We are applying for my brother in law to come and visit us next year from Pakistan.

I am wondering if a house inspection report is needed for his application. I don't think it is, but my husband thinks it is needed.

We live in my Dad's house and have a spare reception room downstairs that can be converted into a bedroom for his stay. We have a letter written from my father stating that he will be happy to provide accommodation.
My Dad owns the house, but I don't know where the mortgage papers are. Are these needed? Could we get a letter from my Dad stating how many rooms there are in the house and get that attested by a solicitor?

Thanks in advance.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi,

It is not a mandatory requirement. Just apply with the mandatory documents stated in the guidance without including unnecessary documents that may end up confusing the caseworker.

Kind Regards