ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saslam8290
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependent

Post by Saslam8290 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 pm

I am seriously stressed regarding our visa case. Let me tell you the complete case.

My husband is on HSMP (General Tier-1) and his extension is due on 10th Feb 2013. He came to UK in September 2006 on student visa. Later he got job and got PSW, then later on he got HSMP in Feb 2010 as he got full-time job of his profession.
I came to UK in September 2010 on study visa valid till Jan 2012. I applied PSW on 22nd November 2011 and successfully granted leave to remain in UK till 21st November 2013.
We got married on 8th April 2011. We have all papers and proof of evidence with us.
Now the situation is that I am unable to find work, don't want to stay on PSW Visa and want to switch to HSMP visa as dependent with my husband's extension. I am 6 months pregnant as well. I have read on web that I can't follow dependency route to HSMP being in UK. I have to leave UK and apply from home country. This is what we can't afford at all. I can't travel being pregnant and apply from home country.I want to apply from UK with my husband's extension and switch to HSMP. What about the baby's visa? Can we apply from UK?

Please let me know if there is any way out.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 pm

You can't switch into PBS dependant leave from inside the UK. You have until your current leave expires in Nov 2013 to find time in your busy schedule to leave and make the relevant application.

Saslam8290
Newly Registered

Post by Saslam8290 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks for your comment dear. I also want to ask is it possible that we could apply baby's visa from UK and then I leave to get mine done from home country?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Yes.

Saslam8290
Newly Registered

Post by Saslam8290 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Provided that I am not PBS Tier-1 Migrant Dependent?

Also I read this online here,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dantroute/

The second point says ''dependent partner''.Can you please clarify that it doesn't mean I shuld be dependent too?

'''How you can switch in to the dependant route
You can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a migrant under Tier 1 (General), without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for a visa if:

your last visa to enter the United Kingdom or permission to stay here was as the partner or child of a person who has valid permission to enter or stay here as a migrant under Tier 1 (General), or who is at the same time being granted permission to enter or stay here as a migrant under Tier 1 (General) or;
you are a child born in the United Kingdom to a migrant under Tier 1 (General) and their dependant partner.'''