ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main Applicant Switches Tiers - Dependents Status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssa
Newly Registered

Main Applicant Switches Tiers - Dependents Status

Post by sssa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:33 pm

My question is regarding dependent who has same visa expiry with for example Tier 2 main applicant and main applicant is changing his/her visa to another Tier for example Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

(I am just using the Tier 2 and Tier 1 as an example and I think the answer will apply to all tiers)

Main applicant and PBS dependent both are in the UK.

If Tier 2 main applicant changes his/her visa to Tier 1 Entrepreneur and Tier 2 PBS dependent does not apply but still has time left in the original Tier 2 PBS dependent visa.

My question is
  • 1. Does the 60 day curtailment rules applies when main applicant got his/her Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa?

2. If 60 day rule does apply when does this date starts?

3. If 60 day rule does not apply, then what is the status of the Tier 2 PBS dependent and will that dependent be considered illegal by any chance?
I am thankful that you take time to read this and I hope someone will help.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:18 pm

There is no curtailment for dependant visa for your situation as you mentioned.

They need to switch before they intend to travel outside UK as they may not be allowed entry into UK on old visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm

madhumesh wrote:There is no curtailment for dependant visa for your situation as you mentioned.
There can be ... under Tier 2 / 5.
Read the last row of the table on page 81 of 99 of the document you refer to, or the examples on page 14 of 99.

Since the OP is a Tier 2 migrant, he should take that into account when switching to a different PBS category that he may qualify under.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sssa
Newly Registered

Post by sssa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
madhumesh wrote:There is no curtailment for dependant visa for your situation as you mentioned.
Read the last row of the table on page 81 of 99 of the document you refer to, or the examples on page 14 of 99.

Since the OP is a Tier 2 migrant, he should take that into account when switching to a different PBS category that he may qualify under.
Thanks a million both of you!!

I have now read 81 of 99.

Is it specified anywhere when the date of curtailment for PBS dependent starts after Tier 2 migrant visa is switched to Tier 1?

And this curtailment is 60 days if I am not wrong?

Thanks again for taking time.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta, Very well pointed. I will read it throughly again.
sushdmehta wrote: