ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Expired can I re-enter as a tourist?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chubby22
Newly Registered

Visa Expired can I re-enter as a tourist?

Post by chubby22 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:46 am

Hi

I have just received my passport back after cancelling my visa extension process (we are leaving to head back to nz for good on the 14th of December).

However last night my girlfriend (who was on a dependant visa on my ancestry) found out that her grandmother has died.

She would like to travel home for the funeral but is concerned that because we cancelled our visa renewal she will not be allowed back into the UK to help pack up etc.

We have flights booked to leave for good on the 14th of December.

Is she likely to face any hurdles should she go home and try to come back for 2 weeks?

Many thanks,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 pm

She might face hurdles (there is likely to be questions about her re-enty) but would have to overcome those with convincing reasons.