ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending NI contribution - Effect on ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmphsmp

Pending NI contribution - Effect on ILR application

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Since I did not have P60 for all 5 years, I asked for HMRC for employment history letter. They have instead sent me National insurance record. In that it says I still need to pay 13.25£ for the tax year 2007-2008 to make that count a qualifying year. I started working in UK only from Feb 2008, so for 2007-2008 I would have got salary just for Feb 2008 and March 2008 months. May be the salary was not enough for that year to make enough NI contribution?

Anyway it says I still have time to pay the amount (15 April 2014). So I am going to send a cheque immediately. My worry is, will it be encashed by HMRC before my Peo appointment for ILR on first week of Dec and their records updated? If they haven't will it affect my ILR application (for the lack of NI contribution for 2007-2008 year)?

[I am just a permanent employee getting monthly salary, not self employed, so all my NI contribution is only from my salary]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

As suggested earlier, please keep your queries under one topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!