ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Dependent leave validity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abdc12
Newly Registered

Child Dependent leave validity

Post by abdc12 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 am

I am eligible for ILR in Jan and will apply with my wife who is on dependent visa. I have read the extensive FAQ and understand all the details about the both of us. Thanks to the moderators for this.

My child was born in the UK and is also a dependent on my Tier 1 which is valid till 2014. I am not planning to include him with the ILR application and go for registration MN1 after I get ILR.

In January when I get the ILR and my wife as dependent, my son will still be Tier 1 dependent. We are planning to travel abroad after getting ILR but will not have enough time to apply for MNI and passport.

Q. In such a scenario where we both have ILR's and our son is still on a Tier 1 dependent visa which is valid till 2014, Can he re-enter?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi abdc12,

As soon as you get ILR your Tier-1 gets invalid, and so does your son's visa. Now since you and wife would be settled, and he is born in the UK, he would be eligible to apply for British citizenship using MN1, and is not illegal here at any point.

You can actually delay doing that as long as you want, unless you want to travel with him, in which case you either:

1) Get him ILR as well with yourself.
2) Get him BC with MN1, and apply for British passport and subsequently get him a visa for your country.

No other way out I am afraid.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

abdc12
Newly Registered

Post by abdc12 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Very helpful indeed

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks InUkOnHsmp.